Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 4th June 2012, 20:15   #1  |  Link
MOROO

need help in JSVM software

Hi,

I am a junior researcher in image coding, I'm supposed to work in Scalable Video Coding SVC, which attempts to deliver multiple versions of a video sequence at different operational points.

the software I'm using is JSVM 9.19.14, but I'm facing great problems in understanding the software and it's stages. I need to trace the code so that i can understand the encoder in depth and find the part that I can contribute in. but i don't know what is the best way of doing such tracing.

May you please give me a hand as the code is very long and difficult to follow when first start looking at it. or point me to the appropriate place in the code for solving the bit allocation problem for SVC.

thanks in advance,
MOROO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2012, 10:07   #2  |  Link
Dust Signs

I agree that the software is very hard to read. As far as I know there is some basic documentation which comes with it, but this will hardly suffice to understand all of the internals. A good place to ask may be the JVT experts mailing lists. Note that the SVC mailing list from JVT has been shut down some time ago, so the JVT experts list is now a good place for specific questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOROO View Post
or point me to the appropriate place in the code for solving the bit allocation problem for SVC.
What exactly do you mean by that?

Best regards
Dust Signs
Old 10th June 2012, 14:04   #3  |  Link
MOROO

Thanks a lot for your reply, the JSVM is very long and difficult to follow, I'm in need for pointing me to the appropriate place in the code corresponding to my work.

I'm interested in "Bit Allocation for Spatial Scalability coding of H.264/SVC" . so i need to know where exactly in the code the distortion is calculated (Rate control)

Regads,
MOROO
MOROO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
h264, jsvm, svc