Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 13th October 2014, 03:55   #1601  |  Link
Lowpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Ok. I added a hidden item called MENU_ROLLOVER that does the first one. I may even make it the default for the next release, we'll see. I'll look at the second request and see how hard it'll be to implement. I've been meaning to do it, but just haven't gotten around to it.
Excellent! Being able to wrap your selection from top to bottom or bottom to top would be awesome. Appreciate your willingness to look into the other item as well and at least I've got a way to accomplish the same end result though it would be far more preferable naturally to have the one file play "x" number of times rather than what I'm doing now.
Lowpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 06:36   #1602  |  Link
brunchto

is it possible to have an alternate output with only the m2ts generated when you choose BD output.
after extraction from the iso, the generated m2ts for a movie only seems to work fine on my oppo103, even in 3D (i need to test it a little more by the way).
brunchto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 23:06   #1603  |  Link
mparade

audio encoding options in mkv container

@jdobbs

Is it possible in BD-RB to apply the "audio encoding options" that were set under settings/setup dialogue to the mkv profiles located in alternate.txt? It would be great if these options would be available while making mkv movie-only encodes. I would prefer in my mkv movie only-encodes as well the settings which were set under "audio encoding options" to keeping the tracks intact.

Thank you in advance for your opinion.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 23:13   #1604  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
is it possible to have an alternate output with only the m2ts generated when you choose BD output.
after extraction from the iso, the generated m2ts for a movie only seems to work fine on my oppo103, even in 3D (i need to test it a little more by the way).
Just keep the m2ts file and delete everything else.

Quote:
Is it possible in BD-RB to apply the "audio encoding options" that were set under settings/setup dialogue to the mkv profiles located in alternate.txt? It would be great if these options would be available while making mkv movie-only encodes. I would prefer in my mkv movie only-encodes as well the settings which were set under "audio encoding options" to keeping the tracks intact.

Thank you in advance for your opinion.
Can be done by using a custom ALTERNATE OUTPUT profile
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 23:39   #1605  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Just keep the m2ts file and delete everything else.

Can be done by using a custom ALTERNATE OUTPUT profile
and indeed..sorry before asking than testing.
I could achieve what I wanted by using:

aBitrate=*
aType=0

Can you explain a bit what automatic (*) means?
What bitrate is it using for audio encoding automatically?
I assume it "uses" 640 kbit/s AC3 conversion on 5.1 & 7.1DTS/DTS HD tracks and 224 kbit/s on 2.0 DTS/DTS HD tracks and no reencoding at all (keeping the core) on the DD audio tracks with the bitrate under (e.g. 448 kbs) or equal to (Dolby True HD) that, right?

Last edited by mparade; 29th October 2014 at 23:41.
Old 30th October 2014, 00:19   #1606  |  Link
gonca

automatic is meant for DVD output, I believe. Bitrate would probably be 448 with AC3.
If you want audio tracks intact use aType=2, (for MKV and MP4 output).
If you want AC3 with a specific bitrate use aType=0
aBitrate=xxx where xxx is the bitrate you want
If aBitrate is less than 384 Then it will be down mixed to stereo
If you just want AC3=640 then enter aBitrate=640.

If you want, just tell me how you like to encode and I can help you create a preset.

Last edited by gonca; 30th October 2014 at 00:29.
Old 30th October 2014, 15:46   #1607  |  Link
jdobbs

Right, except "automatic" is for anything except iPod/iPad. It changes depending upon the type of output. Generally it would be 640Kbs for 5.1 AC3, unless you've chosen DVD output (in which case it would be 448Kbs).
Old 30th October 2014, 20:05   #1608  |  Link
mparade

Is it possible in an mkv container (like within a BD structure):

- keep the DTS core from DTS-HD tracks;
- keep the AC3 core from Dolby TRUE HD tracks;

Does "audio encoding options" have any impact on creating an mkv container or does it have it's own separated settings?

Your answers would be really appreciated.
Old 30th October 2014, 20:23   #1609  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
automatic is meant for DVD output, I believe. Bitrate would probably be 448 with AC3.
If you want audio tracks intact use aType=2, (for MKV and MP4 output).
If you want AC3 with a specific bitrate use aType=0
aBitrate=xxx where xxx is the bitrate you want
If aBitrate is less than 384 Then it will be down mixed to stereo
If you just want AC3=640 then enter aBitrate=640.

If you want, just tell me how you like to encode and I can help you create a preset.
Thanks for your reply.

I am currently mostly making HEVC mkv containers (thanks to jdobbs for the HEVC implementation) from my Blu-rays, so it is now a common situation to have both an eng DTS-HD or Dolby True HD track + a hun DD 5.1 track with a bitrate of 640 kbit/s to be reencoded. Generally, I would keep the hun track as it is (which is 448 kbit/s or 640kbit/s on the BD) without reencoding and the same I would do with the 640 kbit/s AC3 core for True HD sources. I would reencode the DTS HD track to AC3 640 kbit/s. This would be my aim.
Old 30th October 2014, 23:16   #1610  |  Link
gonca

Sounds like you want aType=0
aBitrate=640
Old 31st October 2014, 03:59   #1611  |  Link
CV91913

Quote:
I have been having trouble with audio on mp4 output, so thought I would take you up on your offer.

I have at least one mobile device that only likes stereo AAC audio tracks. It spits up blood on AC3. So I have been using the following preset:
[00039]
caption=BD to MP4, 1280x720, Stereo-AAC
vBitrate=2500
aBitrate=256
aType=1
vFormat=4
cType=5

This preset does provide AAC stereo audio but no matter what I set aBitrate to, it always comes out at about 164. I have tried 256 and 320, neither work. Is it because aBitrate does not work with AAC?

Thanks...
CV91913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 10:37   #1612  |  Link
gonca

I don't use AAC so I have to assume it has to do with Variable Bitrate settings, and your program reporting an average bitrate.
If your mobile device is a tablet, try 128Kbps AAC.
Old 31st October 2014, 16:24   #1613  |  Link
CV91913

Quote:
I don't use AAC so I have to assume it has to do with Variable Bitrate settings, and your program reporting an average bitrate.
If your mobile device is a tablet, try 128Kbps AAC.
I don't want a lower audio bitrate, I would like it to be approx 256. BTW, the problem mobile device is a windows phone, my tab handles AC3 just fine.
Old 31st October 2014, 22:19   #1614  |  Link
gonca

The 128 Kbps remark was only for space saving. What AAC encoder are you using?
Old 31st October 2014, 23:06   #1615  |  Link
CV91913

Quote:
The 128 Kbps remark was only for space saving. What AAC encoder are you using?
I am not sure, I have ffdshow installed. I just use defaults. Am not sure how I would set an audio encoder.
Old 31st October 2014, 23:31   #1616  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV91913 View Post
I am not sure, I have ffdshow installed. I just use defaults. Am not sure how I would set an audio encoder.
By default it is FAAC. You can also use Nero AAC encoder. It is free, but cannot be redistributed -- so you'd have to download it separately to use it.
Old 31st October 2014, 23:34   #1617  |  Link
mparade

Is FORCED_SUB_LANG=s hiddenopt working correctly both by a general subtitle track that has several items which are flagged as forced and with a separated subtitle track that only has forced subs which are flagged as forced?

Thank you very much for the answer.
Old 31st October 2014, 23:59   #1618  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV91913 View Post
I have been having trouble with audio on mp4 output, so thought I would take you up on your offer.

I have at least one mobile device that only likes stereo AAC audio tracks. It spits up blood on AC3. So I have been using the following preset:
[00039]
caption=BD to MP4, 1280x720, Stereo-AAC
vBitrate=2500
aBitrate=256
aType=1
vFormat=4
cType=5

This preset does provide AAC stereo audio but no matter what I set aBitrate to, it always comes out at about 164. I have tried 256 and 320, neither work. Is it because aBitrate does not work with AAC?

Thanks...
I just tried a quick test encode, it appears that the 256 k in your audio bitrate is the maximum and the 163-164 K is the average in a variable bitrate encode
Old 1st November 2014, 00:31   #1619  |  Link
CV91913

Quote:
I just tried a quick test encode, it appears that the 256 k in your audio bitrate is the maximum and the 163-164 K is the average in a variable bitrate encode
Thanks for testing my presets. I guess what I am seeing is an average but that average does not seem to increase if I increase aBitrate to 320. Oh well, not a big deal.
Old 1st November 2014, 01:02   #1620  |  Link
gonca

The low average bit rate might have to do with the complexity of the audio track. Different tracks might have different average bitrates, some higher some lower