Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 26th July 2012, 16:19   #4181  |  Link
iSeries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramicio View Post
To me, it seems like an overlap is when the audio is longer than how these programs calculate the video duration. When this happens I can hear parts of a song skip forward as if a fraction of a second is missing from it. There are a bunch of titles I've copied to my hard drive that get screwed up from this overlap removal because it will do it before it decodes the audio, so it can screw up things like .dtshd which eac3to itself is not one bit aware of, and needs a 3rd party codec to decode. If you are simply ripping a .dtshd track, it's not going to even bother looking at the audio data, it just does a demux, so it is NOT aware of redundant audio data. It introduces corruption of the audio. I can't be any more descriptive than that.
If eac3to sees audio overlaps when decoding it runs a second pass on the audio track to remove them after calculating where the overlaps occur. It doesn't remove the overlaps before decoding the audio.

Last edited by iSeries; 26th July 2012 at 16:22.
iSeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 16:22   #4182  |  Link
ramicio
Banned

Except that the data, in reality, is not redundant. If I decode each m2ts's audio to individual mono WAVs, join those WAVs on end, I get zero corruption. If I let whatever program do its thing of joining stuff at the m2ts level where it does this asinine overlap correction, things get screwed up. In this example the non-corrupt hand-made file is 14,335 samples longer. Later I shall test if it has sync issues. If any of these programs at least gave how many samples it's chopping off, and of which part, it would be easy to do this by hand, but they only report in ms, and you don't know if it's chopping the end of one file or the beginning of the other.
ramicio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 16:22   #4183  |  Link
ramicio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSeries View Post
If eac3to sees audio overlaps when decoding it runs a second pass on the audio track to remove them after calculating where the overlaps occur. It doesn't remove the overlaps before decoding it.
It does it on tracks it's not even decoding, but simply demuxing.
ramicio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 17:26   #4184  |  Link
Jar4ek

Hi can you update the link. Because the link is not working.
Jar4ek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 18:55   #4185  |  Link
rapscallion
NY Frame of Mind

Wow, 1 post in 2 1/2 years. What link is it that you want?

If it's for the latest ver of Tsmuxer : http://www.digital-digest.com/software/download.php?sid=1666&ssid=0&did=1
Old 16th February 2013, 09:38   #4186  |  Link
mariner

Greetings.

1. Having problem muxing 6-channel 640kbps ac3 audio track with a tineshift greater than 4935ms. Muxing goes smoothly, but TsmuxeR can't pick up the audio track when reading the new m2ts file, and mediainfo reports completely wrong info.

Have not tested the BD in a set top player, but the m2ts clip seems to play fine on a PC.

Is this a known issue?

2. Can someone kindly explain the use of connection_condition as mentioned in the readme.txt? I don't see it in the meta file when remuxing a seamless branching BD.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1209880#post1209880

Many thanks and best regards.
mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2013, 13:07   #4187  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Log excerpt:
Quote:
SmartLabs tsMuxeR. Version 1.10.6 http://www.smlabs.net
MPEG-2 stream does not contain fps field. Muxing fps=25
Decoding MPEG2 stream (track 4): Profile: Main@8. Resolution: 720:576i. Frame rate: 25
Decoding PGS stream (track 5): Resolution: 720:576 Frame rate: 25
Change PGS resolution from 720:576 to 720:480. Scaling method: Bilinear interpolation
Decoding AC3 stream (track 1): Bitrate: 192Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 2
Why on hell is tsMuxer rescaling to NTSC (720:480) on its own volition when nothing in-there requests this?
I had this issue also with other parameters - how can one change these "default" settings?
And also why it changes the fps by demuxing?
Quote:
Decoding PGS stream (track 1): Resolution: 720:480 Frame rate: 25
Change FPS from 25 to 23.976 for PGS stream #1

Last edited by Ghitulescu; 19th February 2013 at 13:13.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2013, 16:20   #4188  |  Link
mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
Seems a tsMuxeR problem not related with Delaycut or eac3to.

But you can use Delaycut or eac3to to avoid the problem.
When you add a delay here to a ac3 track, silent phisycal frames are added to the ac3 and you don't need add timeshift in audio/video containers.

If you need a delay >4935ms for a ac3 track in m2ts container, first use:

eac3to track.ac3 new_track.ac3 +4960ms

and you can now add the new_track to tsMuxeR without timeshift.
Thanks for the kind reply, tebasuna51.

I've remuxed those with timeshift >4935ms. Should I do the same for the rest?

Is tsMuxeR's timeshift parameter robust?
mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 21:03   #4189  |  Link
Nico8583

Hi
I have questions about TsMuxer. I think is used by BD-RB to reauthor Blu ray ?
I would like to create a Blu ray structure with 1 M2TS file (or 264 or other), 1 (or 2) audio file (AC3, DTS...) and 1 (or 2) subtitle file.
- What type of files are necessary to create a Blu ray structure ? M2TS, AC3, DTS, DTSHD, SUP, SRT... ?
- How can I make to start default 1 track ? For example, I have 2 subtitles tracks and I would like to start track 2 with the movie
Thanks !
Nico8583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2013, 23:07   #4190  |  Link
setarip_old

@Nico8583

Hi!

tsMuxeR will accept many different formats for input. From the examples you listed, AT LEAST all of the following can be used to "ADD" via tsMuxeR to create a Blu-ray structure:"ADD" M2TS, "ADD" AC3 (or DTS) and "ADD" one or more .SUPs.
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2013, 23:39   #4191  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico8583 View Post
Hi
I have questions about TsMuxer. I think is used by BD-RB to reauthor Blu ray ?
I would like to create a Blu ray structure with 1 M2TS file (or 264 or other), 1 (or 2) audio file (AC3, DTS...) and 1 (or 2) subtitle file.
- What type of files are necessary to create a Blu ray structure ? M2TS, AC3, DTS, DTSHD, SUP, SRT... ?
- How can I make to start default 1 track ? For example, I have 2 subtitles tracks and I would like to start track 2 with the movie
Thanks !
You can't turn a sub on by default in TSMUXER. You'd have to edit the output with BDEDIT and add commands that turn the subtitle on in MovieObject.bdmv. It's probably best to do it in FirstPlay just before the jump to the title.

The MovieObject.bdmv output from TSMuxer can be a little confusing -- there are commands that do nothing... I think they just copied the binary image from some other disc and edited it to make it work. But it's not bad if you go in knowing that it's that way.

If you have it in an M2TS, MKV, or MP4 file, why wouldn't you just do this with BD Rebuilder? It does all the work for you -- and makes sure it is compliant.

Last edited by jdobbs; 9th March 2013 at 23:51.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 13:20   #4192  |  Link
titof

Hi,
Thanks for TSmuxer I used for a long time.
I've a question : do you plan to mux H265 into TS ?
It seems to be a major evolution

regards
titof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 14:27   #4193  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by titof View Post
Hi,
Thanks for TSmuxer I used for a long time.
I've a question : do you plan to mux H265 into TS ?
It seems to be a major evolution

regards
Sadly the TSmuxer developer has not been active on this forum since 11th May 2009 @ 23:34....
Old 9th May 2013, 00:47   #4194  |  Link
ccsoon

Hello,

I have something strange going on..
I just want to change the audio and the subtitles off the m2ts file. So i changed it..
I put it back in the correct folder, recode de playlist, clipinf, so that the Blu-ray player knows what kind audio or subtitle it is.

But now when i'm trying to press " play movie " just nothing happens.. i press "info" on the remote to see what it play's.. it said 51sec.. and the movie is approx. 1h30

And the strange thing is that i did exactly the same thing with another movie and that works just fine..
I tried many many time's, i add someting a removed something and nothing helps.. i don't know what to do..
The menu is adjust the playlist is adjust, the commands are changed.

But one thing, when i do nothing with the movie, add or remove something with TSmuxer it still works, because i want remove something from the playlist.. and that work but when i'm adding or remove something it crashed..

Aaargh... xD
ccsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 08:51   #4195  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

There is an issue just reported by Selur in the german doom9/Gleitz board:

Extracting streams (specifically subtitles) from Blu-ray playlists with a lot of smaller file segments (in the mentioned case, 45 M2TS pieces) may exceed the maximum of 270 characters per canonical file name supported by Windows, due to the concatenating file naming convention: %05d[+%05d[...]].track_%d.sup

Will roman76r get this report here, or is there a better location to report this problem? ... Hmm, last activity: 2009. Probably not here.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid

Last edited by LigH; 5th June 2013 at 08:54.
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 13:17   #4196  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
There is an issue just reported by Selur in the german doom9/Gleitz board:

Extracting streams (specifically subtitles) from Blu-ray playlists with a lot of smaller file segments (in the mentioned case, 45 M2TS pieces) may exceed the maximum of 270 characters per canonical file name supported by Windows, due to the concatenating file naming convention: %05d[+%05d[...]].track_%d.sup

Will roman76r get this report here, or is there a better location to report this problem? ... Hmm, last activity: 2009. Probably not here.
That issue has been around for a long time. When that happens, you have to get around it by remuxing first to a single M2TS and then extracting from that. "Toy Story 3" is an example of that problem.
Old 10th July 2013, 18:54   #4197  |  Link
maxmercy

I recently tried to mux a BD with TSMuxer which used .h264 video and .w64 6.1 channel audio. TSMuxer muxed in 7.0 audio (no LFE channel). Has anyone else had this problem?

JSS
maxmercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 11:53   #4198  |  Link
benjyv

How extract chapter .txt from .ts file?

I know how to extract chapter.txt from a BD or more precisely from a MPLS file.
But from a .ts file? how can I extract chapters?
What soft should I use?
or better, what script is required?

Thx!
benjyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 13:42   #4199  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Thi8s limitation is a system one, it can't be solved.
It may be however solved if one does not use a CLI tool but a GUI (not a GUI for a CLI tool).
Old 22nd April 2014, 13:51   #4200  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Or by introducing a different syntax (e.g. a parameter which accepts a text file listing the segments, instead of a concatenated parameter; some archivers used the @ to flag that list file).

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tsmuxer