Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 7th July 2005, 05:44   #201  |  Link
mpucoder

Well, in that case WinDVD's handling of the links is flawed.
mpucoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2005, 05:46   #202  |  Link
doomer2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanl
mmm, it would be easy to correct the chapters in PgcEdit after the fact, that might be your fastest route. How did you manage to add more cells to the VOB? Does the modified VOB have more chapters, or exaclty the same number, but more cells? I'm not sure how the problem can be avoided in the first place, because I don't think vobblanker reads the replacement IFO to figure out where chapter points should be (but maybe I'm wrong here).
Note that you would have the same problem if you replaced the vob and did a mock strip. Your chapters would be screwed up because you don't have the same number of cells. This seems to call for manual adjustments...

jeanl
How can I correct the chapters in PgcEdit when after vobblanker has replaced it, it has merged the last 16 cells into a single cell. I probably could fix it if it had kept the cells seperate, but it didn't. As far as I know, PgcEdit can't split cells, which would be the only way to fix it after that, but then I'd also have to find all the split points by hand, when they were already right in the replacement title.

The editing application I used supports exporting to DVD, and I used that so that I could replace the title without remastering the original. When the app created the video, it used more cells (37 when the original only had 22, one for each chapter). I kept the same number of chapters so it would fit in with the same chapter breaks that the menus used. But it didn't handle the extra cells like I would expect it to.
doomer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2005, 05:53   #203  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpucoder
Well, in that case WinDVD's handling of the links is flawed.
That's right! WinDVD disables his time slider when a NextPGCN or PrevPGCN link is non-zero. It's not a problem with VobBlanker: I have just tried to change the links with PgcEdit on a fresh rip, and the problem occured. Obviously it's a bug in WinDVD, since setting the links to point to itself works with all standalone players.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2005, 06:03   #204  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomer2
How can I correct the chapters in PgcEdit when after vobblanker has replaced it, it has merged the last 16 cells into a single cell.
It's not possible.

But you may try this: overwrite your original VOBs and IFOs with the new ones, and load the resulting DVD in PgcEdit, then save. Load it again, and verify that the Title Map table has the correct number of chapters.
I'm not completely sure it will work, but I think so.

Take care: the number of Titles in the new VOBs must be equal than in the original. But the number of cells or chapters doesn't matter.
Also, if you want to keep the titleset menu, you should either do a backup of the original first to be able to import the menu later, or you should import the original menu in the new titleset before copying it.
Of course, test carefully.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2005, 06:15   #205  |  Link
jeanl

Quote:
How can I correct the chapters in PgcEdit when after vobblanker has replaced it, it has merged the last 16 cells into a single cell. I probably could fix it if it had kept the cells seperate, but it didn't. As far as I know, PgcEdit can't split cells, which would be the only way to fix it after that, but then I'd also have to find all the split points by hand, when they were already right in the replacement title.
Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you had many cells merged as 1 chapter, not merged as 1 cell! I didn't know vobblanker could do that! I'm guessing it does it because then you don't have to change the PGCs to add the extra cells for playback... I didn't think what r0lZ suggests would work, but if it does, it's pretty cool!
jeanl
Old 7th July 2005, 06:25   #206  |  Link
doomer2

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ
Take care: the number of Titles in the new VOBs must be equal than in the original. But the number of cells or chapters doesn't matter.
Of course, test carefully.
Unfortunately, the original dvd had several titles, while I only edited and reexported one. But I may go back and try to add/import the additional titles into the replacement "source" dvd so the number of titles is right, so I can try what you suggest.

Hopefully, jsoto will weigh in with a cleaner way to do this within vobblanker.

Thanks for your suggestions r0lZ and jeanl.
Old 7th July 2005, 06:29   #207  |  Link
sweetness

@doomer2
try using AddChapter (by jsoto) to add cells to the original ifo (back them up first) so the number of cell matches the ones you want to replace.
replace, then edit the chapters with pgcedit.
see if that works.
Old 7th July 2005, 06:33   #208  |  Link
jeanl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness
@doomer2
try using AddChapter (by jsoto) to add cells to the original ifo (back them up first) so the number of cell matches the ones you want to replace.
see if that works.
I like that idea!
jeanl
Old 7th July 2005, 06:41   #209  |  Link
lovelegend

Quote:
You can use DVD Remake Pro to add chapter...

Quote:
The editing application I used supports exporting to DVD, and I used that so that I could replace the title without remastering the original. When the app created the video, it used more cells (37 when the original only had 22, one for each chapter). I kept the same number of chapters so it would fit in with the same chapter breaks that the menus used. But it didn't handle the extra cells like I would expect it to.
So you have no control on how many cells the app would create? If so, I think you better not using the "export to DVD" function, just save it to m2v and use DVD authoring software like DVD Maestro, since you have control on it...
lovelegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2005, 17:07   #210  |  Link
doomer2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness
@doomer2
see if that works.
I tried it and and that worked. Added 15 more chapters (really only wanted the cells, but couldn't see a way to do that without adding chapters too), went into pgcedit and deleted the extra chapters, and made the cell->chapter matches right, then used vobblanker to replace the title. A little roundabout, but it definitely worked.

One small thing that was a little strange, the cell times of the title after the replacement were sometimes off by being a frame smaller compared to the source of the replacement title. Didn't happen on every cell, or any pattern I could see, just every few cells it would be one frame shorter. The resulting title was a total of 5 frames shorter. Could this be a problem with the mastering app on the replacement title, and vobblanker found and fixed the frame/time counts, or is it possible that vobblanker has an occasional off-by-one error? I guess a better question is, does vobblanker actually count frames as it's rewriting the vob's so it could possibly correct this?
Old 9th July 2005, 23:21   #211  |  Link
sweetness

i have a little problem
a disc i'm trying to back up the vob is unsynchronized. and every backup tool can not process it. so i thought maybe vobblanker can fix. no luck there too.
so here's my log
Code:
Version 2.0.0.2. Starting new process:
=========== STARTING VTS_01 ====================
VTS 01: Opening IFO
VTS 01: Processing VOB (Menus)
          Menu does not exist, continuing
VTS 01: Processing IFO (Menu)
     Looping into Menu PGCs and cells
     VTSM_C_ADT table did not exist
     VTSM_VOBU_ADMAP table did not exist
VTS 01: Processing VOB (Titles)
--------------TITLE VOB PREPARING PHASE-
VTS 01: Keeping PGC 01
--------------TITLE VOB WRITING PHASE STARTED-
VTS 01: Keeping Cell VID/CID: 01/01
VTS 01: Keeping Cell VID/CID: 01/02
VTS 01: Keeping Cell VID/CID: 01/03
VTS 01: Keeping Cell VID/CID: 01/04
VTS 01: Keeping Cell VID/CID: 01/05
VTS 01: Keeping Cell VID/CID: 01/06
Error reading input VOB: Unsynchronized
VTS 01: Keeping Cell VID/CID: 01/07
    WARNING: No Navs found!: outputting a blank cell
VTS 01: Keeping Cell VID/CID: 01/08
    WARNING: No Navs found!: outputting a blank cell
--------------TITLE VOB WRITING FINISHED-
VTS 01: Cell data array filled (Titles)

PostCommands changed into Precommands in 0 PGCs of a total of 0

Finished with ERROR. Process Aborted and not completedVersion 2.0.0.2.
my questiona are:
can i "compress" the disc with the blanked cells then add the original cells(the unsynchronized ones) back in?
also, just woundering why VB aborted? and not continue to create the ifo's.
thanks
Old 10th July 2005, 03:32   #212  |  Link
jeanl

If I remember what jsoto said, unsynchronized means something is really wrong in some of the packs (see this).
You should
If I were you, I'd open the vob file in VobEdit and try to go to cell 1/6 and see if some of the packs are unrecognized by vobedit.
jeanl
Old 11th July 2005, 05:01   #213  |  Link
lovelegend

Just did another test with WinDVD -- I used VobBlanker to process a DVD, but I didn't blank/replace/strip anything, and then played both DVD and processed DVD file on WinDVD. The original DVD had no problem, I could drag the time slider to anywhere and it still could play immediately. However, the processed DVD file had time seeking problem with WinDVD (I dragged the time slider to anywhere within the first half of the movie and WinDVD could play immediately, but if I dragged to the 2nd half, especially the last quarter of the movie, 8 out of 10 times would not be able to play (it just paused there and looked like it couldn't find the playing point))...

I compared both VTS_01_0.IFO's and found that they are identical except the Video Title Set Time Map Table (VTS_TMAPTI), in which they have totally different entry sector numbers/values (as I didn't changed anything, I did expect their Time Map Tables should be the same). I know nothing about VTS Time Map Table so I can't say which one is the correct one, but obviously WinDVD is not compatible with the Time Map Table made by VobBlanker... (because at last I copied the VTS_01_0.IFO from the original DVD and overwrote that of the processed DVD file, and then the processed DVD file had no time seeking problem anymore)

Hope VobBlanker would change the way of filling Time Map Table, otherwise WinDVD would always has problem playing files processed by it

Last edited by lovelegend; 11th July 2005 at 21:57.
Old 11th July 2005, 08:32   #214  |  Link
CoNS
reMember

@sweetness: A mock strip in IfoEdit didn't help either?
CoNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2005, 22:15   #215  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

Hi guys,

A few days out..., and a lot to read.

@sweetness:
Try blanking Cell 1/6. If everything is OK, means there are problems only in this cell and you can try to replace it later...
I'm pretty sure VobBlanker will also fail extracting cell 1/6, but may be other tools...

jsoto
jsoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2005, 22:52   #216  |  Link
FilipeAmadeuO

Jsoto:
When do you plan to support seamless brenching and multi-angle ?
FilipeAmadeuO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2005, 22:59   #217  |  Link
lovelegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipeAmadeuO
Jsoto:
When do you plan to support seamless brenching and multi-angle ?
never...
Old 11th July 2005, 23:58   #218  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelegend
never...
Yep, probably never...

I had in mind to add the ability to keep one angle (nothing more, nothing less) but lately I cannot find time to work on VobBlanker nor in any other tool... Sorry guys, I'm really busy in my life...

@lovelegend
In your last post, did you uncheck the "next/prev PGCN pointer to itself" boxes? If yes, I'd like to see the IFOs with the time table problem. Please send me the original and the non-working one (keeping everything in VB).

jesus_soto_viso -at- terra -dot- es

jsoto
jsoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2005, 06:09   #219  |  Link
lovelegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsoto
@lovelegend
In your last post, did you uncheck the "next/prev PGCN pointer to itself" boxes? If yes, I'd like to see the IFOs with the time table problem. Please send me the original and the non-working one (keeping everything in VB).
If next/prev PGCN Links are filled with non-zero numbers, then WinDVD will just disable the time slider:

I must uncheck them in order to test the time seek function...
PMed the IFO's to you, please check your PM box...

P.S. Because of it, I suggest for the next release, the "next/prev PGCN pointer to itself" should be unchecked by default

Last edited by lovelegend; 12th July 2005 at 06:15.
Old 12th July 2005, 07:02   #220  |  Link
sweetness

yes, the mock strip did get rid of the errors so it can be processed by other tools but the viedo is still messed up(skips and blocky).
yes, VobBlanker fails to extract the cell, but not vobedit.
i don't think i can fix the cell so it play and looks good. i not going to worry about it anymore.
thanks.

jsoto, do you think you can get that yellow jersey?