Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > HDTV / DVB / TiVo
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th May 2005, 05:30   #1  |  Link
bcsman

DVB movie demuxing problems??

I've tried numerous programs and am having problems demuxing a movie recorded from my DVB card. I first used MyTheater to record the MPEG2 stream and when using both ProjectX and PVAStumento I got lots and lots of dropping GOP messages and the end video was not worth watching. Read where a TS stream was better so installed Alt-DVB and recorded the movie in .ts format. Used ProjectX to demux and once again there were lots and lots of dropping GOP messages. When I got done the 2 hour movie file was compressed into a 33MB file and played like it was being fast forwarded.

Am I doing something substantially wrong here?? My DVB signal is over 90% and when I played the recorded MPEG2 file it was really good straight from the original recording. I don't have anything that plays the .ts file so I'm not sure how that original file looks. ANy help out there??

Do I really have to demux at all or can I just find a program to author the .ts recording because the demuxing appears to be where I'm having my problems??
bcsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2005, 10:48   #2  |  Link
drmpeg

ProjectX has a difficult time with certain streams (streams without
any GOP headers and timecode at all, which is legal in MPEG-2, are the
worst) due to it's A/V sync maintenance algorithm (that I believe relies
on GOP timecodes).

You can try my cheapo command line demuxer. It will re-insert missing
GOP timecodes in the demuxed video elementary stream, since many other
authoring tools require GOP headers and timecode. However, it only
does A/V sync at the beginning of the TS file, so it's not as nice
as ProjectX for maintaining A/V sync with bitstreams that have errors.
It can be found here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...81#post4615081

If you need any help using the tool, post here.

Ron
drmpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2005, 10:53   #3  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

you can also try dgmpegdec 1.3.0

has a very good demux fuction

BHH
buzzqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2005, 02:22   #4  |  Link
yanyani989

@drmpeg
thank you very much for your program!
I can finally demux my Disc-HD (and occasionally other) stream after days of frustration with ProjectX.
But what would you recommend if I suspect my streams contain errors? (how to check btw?)
I've tried mpeg2repair (http://users.adelphia.net/~mwilczyn/mpeg2/), but tests so far seem to suggest that it worsen the unsynch problem rather than helping. (I tried feeding a few raw and fixed streams to tsdemux then to Mpeg2Schnitt and compare the final product.)

@buzzqw
I've tried DGmpgdec, the demux worked, but when I import into Mpeg2Schnitt, it report error when it came to the end of the stream (the msg is "Fehler bei Bereichsprufung."). Then I tried with Cuttermaran, it imported without problem but when I tried to set cut in, it just keep reporting "No GOP in front of I-frame", no matter where I set it. I guess I know why this is happening after drmpeg's explaination.
yanyani989 is offline   Reply With Quote