Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 30th January 2017, 23:17   #21  |  Link
mp3dom

So it should be changed a little and then recompiled, I guess...?
mp3dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2017, 10:46   #22  |  Link
ryrynz

I had a quick play with this for usage with Awarp4 but found that aSobel gave thinner lines. I was looking for something that provide improved edge detection.
Since I could find any options that gave me similar results, I suspect aSobel is optimized for Awarpsharp. Is it possible that anything here could be used to improve or give extra options to aSobel?
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2017, 13:18   #23  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3dom View Post
Don't know if this is the right place to post (or maybe in the avs+ topic?) but I get an "Avisynth open failure: system exception - access violation" when just loading the plugin (on latest dev avs+ r2397). The strange thing is that this happens only on x86 because the x64 version seems to work fine (at least it load the plugin).
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrabs View Post
actually i got an access violation too, after upgrading to Avisynth+r2172 MT i386 from Avisynth+r1576, that went away after i removed tcannymod.dll from my autoload folder
there are already new build in https://github.com/chikuzen/TCannyMod/releases it work fine here
Old 19th February 2017, 15:14   #24  |  Link
WolframRhodium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
I had a quick play with this for usage with Awarp4 but found that aSobel gave thinner lines. I was looking for something that provide improved edge detection.
Since I could find any options that gave me similar results, I suspect aSobel is optimized for Awarpsharp. Is it possible that anything here could be used to improve or give extra options to aSobel?
I think aSobel() is an SIMD optimized filter whose internal procedure consists of mt_convolution() and mt_lutxy(), so one can modify it in .avs with similar stuff.
WolframRhodium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2017, 15:57   #25  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolframRhodium View Post
I think aSobel() is an SIMD optimized filter whose internal procedure consists of mt_convolution() and mt_lutxy(), so one can modify it in .avs with similar stuff.
Interesting, I've always wonders why the output of aSobel() differs from standard Sobel filters. Do you have an example of how this is done?
Reel.Deel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2017, 05:33   #26  |  Link
WolframRhodium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel.Deel View Post
Interesting, I've always wonders why the output of aSobel() differs from standard Sobel filters. Do you have an example of how this is done?
Here's the code in vapoursynth-awarpsharp2 (https://github.com/dubhater/vapoursy...sharp2.cpp#L25).

Last edited by WolframRhodium; 20th February 2017 at 05:47.
WolframRhodium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2017, 02:08   #27  |  Link
real.finder

hi chikuzen

to avoid the collision, gblur in TCannyMod need to chose another function name cuz there are already GBlur by vcmohan

and CombMask in CombMask.dll too, CombMask already there in masktools1
Old 15th November 2022, 15:16   #28  |  Link
ajp_anton

Is this supposed to support higher bitdepths? Because it seems utterly broken when fed higher than 8 bits, but on the other hand it doesn't reject it, it just silently produces garbage. Except if you're (un?)lucky and it just crashes, then you know something's wrong.
ajp_anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2022, 15:20   #29  |  Link
kedautinh12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp_anton View Post
Is this supposed to support higher bitdepths? Because it seems utterly broken when fed higher than 8 bits, but on the other hand it doesn't reject it, it just silently produces garbage. Except if you're (un?)lucky and it just crashes, then you know something's wrong.
Vapoursynth's backported was supported HBD
https://github.com/Asd-g/AviSynth-vsTCanny
kedautinh12 is offline   Reply With Quote