Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 14th April 2005, 06:44   #21  |  Link
DMagic1

I'll have to try this.
DMagic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2005, 13:09   #22  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

@Tobii - 2COOL is off the air for a little time so will not be updating this little app for a little time. I think it is needed to also be able to jump to VMG domain as I have seen many main menus in VMGM.

However, if you follow jeanl's guide, you can do this manually with great success.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2005, 20:34   #23  |  Link
Tobii

@ blutach

Thanks for her answer. I hope, 2Cool comes back soon.
I see pure in jeanl's guide and I get in touch with problems again.
Tobii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2005, 05:54   #24  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Did you know you can set default audio/subtitle(on/off)/angle with Jump2PGC?

Say you have a full disc backup. You want to have your main menu display upon insert but you want Audio 2 (french) and Subtitle 2 (French) instead of all English? Just use PgcEdit to trace to your audio menu, select preferred audio, return to menu, subpicture menu, select preferred subtitle, return to menu. When you get your main menu displaying, select & break, and you just get your "Copy change registers as commands".

Now if you want to jump to your Title and set your default streams, just do the same above and then select Play movie. When you get your Title displaying, you get your "Copy change registers as commands".

This differs greatly from these guides below.
Turning Subtitles ON by Default v2.0 using PgcEdit
Turning Subtitles OFF by Default v2.0

If you have used these when you kept your audio and subtitle menus, your menus won't be working since you will always have your permanent default streams playing you had set. The only way to toggle your streams would be to use your buttons on your remote.

Doing it the Jump2PGC way ensures you will not only have your default streams set the way you want but also have your audio and subtitle menus working as they should be.

Upcoming version of PgcEdit and current betas can do this as well. I decided to posted this extra tidbit here since the final of PgcEdit's new version is not out yet. One main difference of Jump2PGC and PgcEdit's algorithm is that I copy my changed register commands at playback while PgcEdit copies at start of pre commands.

Last edited by 2COOL; 5th May 2005 at 07:22.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2005, 10:21   #25  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Yes, I think this is a great benefit of JMP2PGC as some players are known to crap out without having subbies set (they don't like 62 in SPRM 2 for some reason).

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote