Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 22nd November 2010, 23:27   #10261  |  Link
omegaman7

What player are you using? Is it a BD-RE? I've had DVD+/-RW's behave that way in one of my dvd players...
omegaman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2010, 00:24   #10262  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by micflair View Post
Evening all.

I have a problem while encoding `An Idiot Abroad' 2disc TV Series in the UK.

Everything encodes fine on the video front, but when played the menu buttons wont activate, so the BD cant be watched at all. Then menu comes up, but just with no buttons at all..

Any ideas?
Have you changed the MIN_M2TS_SIZE? That's usually the cause of that. Some menus have in-stream IGS -- and TSMUXER doesn't support it. I'm working on that in the same module as DTS Express remuxing.
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:02   #10263  |  Link
micflair

Nah guys Ive not changed anything in the settings, or my type of media or player etc. Have tried it a couple of times to no avail now, wah!
micflair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:04   #10264  |  Link
micflair

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
What player are you using? Is it a BD-RE? I've had DVD+/-RW's behave that way in one of my dvd players...
Its just a standard BD-R mate and Im playing it in the PS3..
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:27   #10265  |  Link
omegaman7

Perhaps bad rip then? Bad rips can cause some strange behaviors as well. Was the disc highly encrypted? I've heard people speak about bad pressed dvd discs acting strangely. I'd imagine BD media is no different in this respect.
omegaman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2010, 22:47   #10266  |  Link
Lord Axl

I've sent today a donation to JD for BD Rebuilder development
Thanks for it.
Lord Axl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2010, 22:59   #10267  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Axl View Post
I've sent today a donation to JD for BD Rebuilder development
Thanks for it.
Thank you. It's very much appreciated.
Old 24th November 2010, 14:35   #10268  |  Link
micflair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Have you changed the MIN_M2TS_SIZE? That's usually the cause of that. Some menus have in-stream IGS -- and TSMUXER doesn't support it. I'm working on that in the same module as DTS Express remuxing.
When you say have I changed it.. do you mean I should change it or not from the default settings? I see its set at 100mb, I have a couple of really small files in the bdmv/stream folder so Ill change it to something daft like 1meg and see what happens.. also if it makes any difference the bluray is 1080i and not 1080p..

Last edited by micflair; 24th November 2010 at 15:15.
Old 24th November 2010, 15:27   #10269  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
When you say have I changed it.. do you mean I should change it or not from the default settings? I see its set at 100mb, I have a couple of really small files in the bdmv/stream folder so Ill change it to something daft like 1meg and see what happens.. also if it makes any difference the bluray is 1080i and not 1080p..
If you change it, you'd want to go in the other direction (higher). Look at the size of the file containing the menu -- and go a little higher than that. Then it will keep that file intact so it won't be processed and it will retain the in-mux IGS track.
Old 24th November 2010, 16:15   #10270  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
If you change it, you'd want to go in the other direction (higher). Look at the size of the file containing the menu -- and go a little higher than that. Then it will keep that file intact so it won't be processed and it will retain the in-mux IGS track.
My experience is this does work for BD-R/RE full backups, but does not work for BD5/9 full backups. My guess is AVCHD needs to have the files reencoded to meet the AVCHD standard.
This is why some original discs of mine will just have to wait until you implement IGS and DTS Express remux!
( patiently waiting too. )
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 16:29   #10271  |  Link
micflair

Quote:
Thanks mate for your speedy reply.. will give it a go and let you know the result
Old 24th November 2010, 16:39   #10272  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
My experience is this does work for BD-R/RE full backups, but does not work for BD5/9 full backups. My guess is AVCHD needs to have the files reencoded to meet the AVCHD standard.
This is why some original discs of mine will just have to wait until you implement IGS and DTS Express remux!
( patiently waiting too. )
I just keep getting distracted with other things -- then when I go back to it, I have to "re-learn" where I was in the process...
Old 24th November 2010, 17:07   #10273  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
I just keep getting distracted with other things -- then when I go back to it, I have to "re-learn" where I was in the process...
This happens to me too... but thats just in my everyday life!

I recognize that a tsMuxeR update would make things much easier. But since that does not appear to be likely, and with your track record of proven software programs that I have used, IFOUpdate and of course DVDRebuilder, my confidence remains with your capabilities!
As I have said, I am still having fun with it all.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 21:17   #10274  |  Link
wooper

Hi there, i have a problem with the movie "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood prince", I did a full backup but the weird thing is that BD-Rebuilder doesn't show any error, it just says thats everything went perfect, but when i reproduce the movie in my pc the spanish audio doesn't hear very well, it sounds paused and sometimes slow, so what might be the problem? some settings to change? thanks
wooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 22:07   #10275  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooper View Post
Hi there, i have a problem with the movie "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood prince", I did a full backup but the weird thing is that BD-Rebuilder doesn't show any error, it just says thats everything went perfect, but when i reproduce the movie in my pc the spanish audio doesn't hear very well, it sounds paused and sometimes slow, so what might be the problem? some settings to change? thanks
I'd need a lot more information in order to be able to help you, please post your BDREBUILDER.INI, the .INF file for the disc you're processing, and the log from the encode.
Old 25th November 2010, 09:08   #10276  |  Link
Paddy97

I'm having muxing problems with Toy Story 3 nordic, the Swedish playlist (to get swedish titles) when choosing alternate output to MKV. It works OK when i choose the english playlist on the same disc. Also if i remux the swedish playlist to a bluray structure with just one m2ts it works OK. So I'm guessing that its something with the many files in the playlist. See the logfiles and other info.

I am posting the logfile, ini file and inf file from DVDrebuilder as a link. The forum complained that the 24K long post was to big. Hope this is allright.

http://fenrisulven.storage.s3.amazon...DVDRebuild.rar

Last edited by Paddy97; 25th November 2010 at 11:26.
Paddy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 13:19   #10277  |  Link
micflair

Quote:
Thanks mate for your speedy reply.. will give it a go and let you know the result
So I changed what u said mate but it still reencoded the menu video even though I had increased that hidden option to a size above the original filesize.. help!
Old 25th November 2010, 13:34   #10278  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
So I changed what u said mate but it still reencoded the menu video even though I had increased that hidden option to a size above the original filesize.. help!
Are you going to BD-25 or BD-9? When going to BD-9 it will do the encode anyway (it has to).
Old 25th November 2010, 13:39   #10279  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy97 View Post
I'm having muxing problems with Toy Story 3 nordic, the Swedish playlist (to get swedish titles) when choosing alternate output to MKV. It works OK when i choose the english playlist on the same disc. Also if i remux the swedish playlist to a bluray structure with just one m2ts it works OK. So I'm guessing that its something with the many files in the playlist. See the logfiles and other info.

I am posting the logfile, ini file and inf file from DVDrebuilder as a link. The forum complained that the 24K long post was to big. Hope this is allright.

http://fenrisulven.storage.s3.amazon...DVDRebuild.rar
Let me make sure I understand. If you are outputting the Swedish playlist to a movie-only M2TS it works -- but if going to an MKV if fails. Correct? All setting the same except the ALTERNATE output?

Also, I see you've created your own profile "MKV Container, 1280x720, 640Kbs DD5.1" -- can you post the contents of that profile from ALTERNATE.TXT (just to be sure I'm testing with the same settings)?

BTW, it's BD Rebuilder, not DVD Rebuilder...

Last edited by jdobbs; 25th November 2010 at 14:15.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 17:01   #10280  |  Link
Paddy97

Quote:
Let me make sure I understand. If you are outputting the Swedish playlist to a movie-only M2TS it works -- but if going to an MKV if fails. Correct? All setting the same except the ALTERNATE output?

Also, I see you've created your own profile "MKV Container, 1280x720, 640Kbs DD5.1" -- can you post the contents of that profile from ALTERNATE.TXT (just to be sure I'm testing with the same settings)?

BTW, it's BD Rebuilder, not DVD Rebuilder...
Sorry for being unclear.

Using alternate output to MKV in all cases.

If i output the swedish playlist from original disk it's not working.
If I output the english playlist from original disk its working
If I remux the swedish playlist to a single file playlist and use that as source it's working.

Code:
[00008]
caption=MKV Container, 1280x720, 640Kbs DD5.1
vBitrate=1230
aBitrate=640
aType=0
vFormat=4
cType=1
I use the same working dir for DVDRebuild and BD Rebuild and when i RARed together the files it used the directory name...
Paddy97 is offline   Reply With Quote