Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old Yesterday, 13:56   #29601  |  Link
Mike-uk

Nvidia 3xx series rumoured to be released in aug, wonder if they have improved NVenc, and x266 being developed ohhhh its like xmas
Mike-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 14:46   #29602  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman0208 View Post
And the best part ... it doesn't seem to matter which turing chip ... i tried with Mike's settings and got around 61 fps on my 1660ti, while the card costs about half
Maybe a Titan would make a difference ... but people could buy a decent car in that price range
So are you saying that as long as its card with a Turing chip, the Cuda cores, clock, etc. doesn't really impact the FPS much when using NVEncC? They're all about the same?
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:42   #29603  |  Link
cartman0208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
So are you saying that as long as its card with a Turing chip, the Cuda cores, clock, etc. doesn't really impact the FPS much when using NVEncC? They're all about the same?
I was wondering, too ...
But i used the same settings as Mike-uk, only a different source (with the same dimensions)
I could try different sources, but my experience so far was an almost unnoticable FPS change, even when changing presets.
We need someone with RTX 2060 / 2080 to verify
cartman0208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:20   #29604  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman0208 View Post
I was wondering, too ...
But i used the same settings as Mike-uk, only a different source (with the same dimensions)
I could try different sources, but my experience so far was an almost unnoticable FPS change, even when changing presets.
We need someone with RTX 2060 / 2080 to verify
I'm seeing quite a bit of difference between presets when running against the same source. The "performance" preset, for example, is running much faster than "default" or "quality". It can also change based on whether I am using --vbr or --vbrhq.

For example, on a specific UHD source I'm using for testing with preset "performance" and "--vbr" I am getting 127.49 fps -- the same source with "quality" and "--vbrhq" it is doing 77.67 fps (with an otherwise identical command line).

I am also seeing fluctuations depending upon the size (on disc) of the source. An imported 10GB source M2TS encodes faster than a full 60GB untouched source.

The largest factor to speed I've seen (as you might expect) is whether I am using --avs as the input type as opposed to --avhw or --avsw.

Last edited by jdobbs; Yesterday at 21:36.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:14   #29605  |  Link
cartman0208

Ok, I didn't do extended tests ... only constant QP on a small source file ... I wanted to check out resulting file sizes
cartman0208 is offline   Reply With Quote