Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 4th July 2020, 01:56   #521  |  Link
ZampNoxis

If I was to use FindVUK in conjunction with a DVDfab product, would it automatically output a properly-formatted entry for keydb.cfg? If not, I'll use the script. Concerning aacs_info and aacskeys, where can I access those? Are they bundled in libaacs.dll or are they separate programs?
ZampNoxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2020, 03:34   #522  |  Link
qyot27
...?

aacs_info is the CLI tool that should come with libaacs, although I know many packagers probably don't bother (read: if you build libaacs, aacs_info gets built at the same time). aacskeys is a separate project, it's in the third stickied post at the top of this subforum.

The difference between what FindVUK and the script above do is that if the disc is not already in keydb.cfg, FindVUK gives you this:
Code:
0x$DISCID = Gatchaman Crowds 18 BD-1 | D | 2018-08-24 | U | 1-0x$UNITKEY ; MKBv65/FindVUK 1.35
where $DISCID and $UNITKEY are those actual values. It adds this directly into keydb.cfg. This works with any disc DVDFab works with (including those that cannot have their keys generated by aacskeys or libaacs because the MKB revision is too high).

The script gives you this (in *.keydb_forinsert.txt):
Code:
0x$DISCID = Gatchaman Crowds 18 BD-1 | V | 0x$VUK | M | 0x$MEDIAKEY | I | 0x$VOLUMEID ; MKBv65
It does not add it into keydb.cfg (but it does generate files in aacs/vuk/ like VLC does). Copy it over manually. This option only works with discs that libaacs and aacskeys work with. If your host certificate gets revoked, you have to rely on FindVUK if the keys aren't in keydb.cfg.

Merging the two is what I was describing earlier.
qyot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2020, 15:16   #523  |  Link
ZampNoxis

Hmm...I've looked around the different forum posts and it looks like any download link for aacs_info or aacskeys have been dead for some time. I'd build libaacs and just grab aacs_info, but I can't find any build instructions. I'll look into getting a DVDfab product and using FindVUK with it to get the formatted entry for keydb.cfg.

EDIT: I downloaded the evaluation version of DVDfab PassKey for Blu-ray and FindVUK is grabbing and uploading the data without a hitch!

Last edited by ZampNoxis; 4th July 2020 at 15:34.
ZampNoxis is offline   Reply With Quote