Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 18th August 2008, 14:47   #2281  |  Link
lmao2k
The Original One

TsRemux reports an error with the streams and on completion the resulting file is unresponsive. I'll have another play with the stream to see if I can fix it.
lmao2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2008, 14:56   #2282  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroliteflyer View Post
First let me say, this is the first program I have used that converted my .mpg (DVD rip) to h.264 reliably and with perfect audio sync and smooth video. I had several movies encoded for my iPhone 1. Everthing was good. then I downloaded to 2.0.1, and now on the iPhone it says "this movie format not supported". I have tried turning all settings off and everything I could think of, still nothing. I used videora, and those play just fine on the iphone, as well as some others, but I cant get them to get the good audio sync and smooth video that I have gotten using ripbot. So I am just wondering what I am missing, maybe one of you knows what in the world apple changed to not like these encodings now. I tried the ones i had, that were working perfectly, and i tried doing them again. I know its something with the new iphone software, and not ripbot, just wondering if anyone here might know what is throwing off new iphone software. Apparently i am not the only one either. Thanks for any responses.

Chris
i have the same firmware & i use these settings which have worked gr8 so far!

http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=2209
~bT~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2008, 15:37   #2283  |  Link
aeroliteflyer

iphone settings

Thanks for the info, i will try those settings tonight. Just out of curiousity, are you using the deinterlace/decimate filters. i am using those 2. Also, are you importing that into itunes then using itunes to "convert to iphone"?? thanks again..

Chris
aeroliteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2008, 17:08   #2284  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

^ depending on the source (dvd files, interlaced or double fps ts), i would use deinterlace/decimate otherwise, no.

no, i'm importing to itunes then direct to ipod. no other conversion.
Old 18th August 2008, 18:52   #2285  |  Link
dirk362

HD-DVDs oversized output - more results

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Dirk - I have had the same problem. I have converted 2 HD DVD movies, both using same presets (locking file size at 8150MB). First movie came out at 11.7GB, the second movie came out at 7.93GB. It appears the that first file suffered from the same issue that you had, second file came out perfect. I am going to try and encode a third file tonight, lets see what result I get.

I've done another 3 HD-DVD encodes, leaving audio as do not encode (therefore as FLAC). One came out correct size, one oversized at 11.2Gb and one oversized at 10.9Gb. The correctly sized one has quite low bitrate for video of 6830 Kbps, which for a 2h18m film is too low, and it shows.

I'm going to go with the recommendation and encode to AC3 640Kbps, and put more bits aside for video. It only adds a few minutes processing, and in two tests the audio/video is fully sync'ed.
dirk362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2008, 19:55   #2286  |  Link
asarian

Thanks, Atak. I got the ffdshow issue resolved now. But while rendering, in Windows 2008, I get the following error after a few hours:

"x264 has stopped working"

I tried to upgrade the x264 version you include in your package, but RipBot264 (v1.10.5) immediately says all jobs are finished when I do that. Is there a way I can bypass that?
Old 19th August 2008, 10:40   #2287  |  Link
BZeeme

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarian View Post
Thanks, Atak. I got the ffdshow issue resolved now. But while rendering, in Windows 2008, I get the following error after a few hours:

"x264 has stopped working"

I tried to upgrade the x264 version you include in your package, but RipBot264 (v1.10.5) immediately says all jobs are finished when I do that. Is there a way I can bypass that?
I just had this error last night on my Vista computer. The computer is fairly new and I've run Ripbot264 successfully before so I tried defragging. I then went back to RipBot, used "edit" to review my settings and restarted the processing. It is still running after 8 hours.
BZeeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 19:36   #2288  |  Link
aeroliteflyer

iPhone settings

~bt~, i tried that profile you sent, worked perfectly. amazing!!. thanks for the help.

chris
aeroliteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 21:30   #2289  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZeeme View Post
I just had this error last night on my Vista computer. The computer is fairly new and I've run Ripbot264 successfully before so I tried defragging. I then went back to RipBot, used "edit" to review my settings and restarted the processing. It is still running after 8 hours.
Thanks. But I somehow doubt defragging will stop x264 from hanging. I tried AVC -> AVC last night (just for test), and x264 crashed almost immediately. I'd rather Atak tell us how we can update the x264 prog in his distro. :)
Old 19th August 2008, 22:42   #2290  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZeeme View Post
Is it still processing the same movie? (8 hours)
Old 20th August 2008, 01:32   #2291  |  Link
wakebrder

Just an FYI guys: BD-25 = 23098 MB according to Image Burn.

If you've got that much to work with, I might suggest giving a little cushion. (just sayin')
wakebrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 03:11   #2292  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroliteflyer View Post
~bt~, i tried that profile you sent, worked perfectly. amazing!!. thanks for the help.

chris
gr8 to hear! maybe Atak can change the profile in future build?
Old 20th August 2008, 10:18   #2293  |  Link
BZeeme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax_Undone View Post
Is it still processing the same movie? (8 hours)
Yes. All 5 blurays I converted to BD9s took about 3 hours for pass 1 and 6 to 10 hours for pass 2. Vista Home Premium, Core 2 Duo E8500, 4G DDR2, 4 SATA 300 HDDs.
BZeeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 17:39   #2294  |  Link
topsham

Can anyone give me a link to the 64 bit version of x264.exe to use with Vista 64 and Ripbot264?
topsham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 22:00   #2295  |  Link
illestdomer2005

Hey guys, I am new here, and I've browsed this thread but probably missed some stuff; so, if my question has been asked and answered, I apologize. Anyhow, I've got a new comp with an LG GGC-H20L BD-ROM, 780i mobo, Q6700 2.66GHz Quad-core, 2 GB DDR2 RAM, 8800 GT GPU, and 500 GB SATA HD. When I fire RipBot up, it seems to take an inordinately long time processing my .m2ts files before it even gives me the option to enqueue the job. Does RipBot demux the selected audio and video file into a single video and audio stream before it'll run or...? It just took roughly 3 hours before my Hellboy BD (ripped to hard drive first) was even available for compression. Do I have a codec issue or something? If so, how can I completely start from scratch and install what I need -- and only what I need to avoid potential conflicts -- and in what order should I install?

I know I am a bit of a "n00b" with this stuff, but I appreciate any help. Thanks guys. Oh, and I've used XVID4PSP to also convert my BDs into MP4s and MKVs. It doesn't seem to take nearly the prep time, but it has its own pet issues, I guess. I just wanted to fix whatever problems I'm having with RipBot since everybody seems to love it.
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 23:56   #2296  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

^ it shouldn't take 3 hours but i can see a slight issue which may have a considerable effect here.

you have 1 hard drive.

and yes, it does demux before you can continue to queue.
Old 21st August 2008, 01:10   #2297  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsham View Post
Can anyone give me a link to the 64 bit version of x264.exe to use with Vista 64 and Ripbot264?
I don't think anyone has yet built a x64 bit version of x264 I know ffdshow has x64 bit builds of there own codecs and filters but beyond that not much has come out for x64 on the codec end...

Ripbot264 currently as it is works on Vista x64 and it uses the 32bit x264 exe...

If your having problems then maybe post a log so the developer can help you...
Old 21st August 2008, 14:07   #2298  |  Link
dirk362

Level 4.1 Profile

In some of my encodes I've noticed some unwanted blocking, most notable in scenes where they fade up or down (e.g. fade at end of movie, fade between acts).

Having compared encodes from several sources, as well as lots of investigation around the web and forums, as well as DVXA settings in "competing" applications, I'd like to canvass people's opinions/views around some of the settings in the current level 4.1 profile.
  • deblock - At present we have 1:0:0, which is defaults in x264. When not using cqm, there is some value to using 1:-1:-1 to retain detail. Has any one done any comparison encodes ? Certainly it seems 1:-1:-1 will retain better detail without blocking when not using cqm.
  • trellis & psy_rd - When using RDO, x264 wiki seems to state that trellis=2 is preferred to trellis=0, as that will retain quality over speed of encode.
  • ref - Max for 1080p is 4, max for 720p is 9. Is 3 a good average, and does RipBot264 take this into account and adjust this based on avisynth resizing if not encoding to 1920x1080 ?
    However, as we use b_pyramids, are we actually stating ref=4, but then applying the -1 to this value to fix x264 and its (potential) issues with b-pyramids ?
  • keyint & min-keyint - Everything I read states this should be based around framerate. So for HD/BluRay, shouldn't these be 240 & 24 ? They always seem to be the default of 250 & 25.
Any thoughts from anyone ?

I'm going to perform an encode of a single chapter from a BluRay with the default level 4.1 profile, and then the same with "my" values by creating a custom 4.1 profile and compare them at same frame (by eye)

Last edited by dirk362; 22nd August 2008 at 11:23. Reason: removed profiles stuff
dirk362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 16:16   #2299  |  Link
daWsOn_s
Sandro

Hello,
I've upgraded to 1.50.5 from 1.8.x and now when I set a list of video to convert everytime it finishes one file it say in status "Muxing.." (anyway the file is already finished and ready to play) that lasts for ever. I have to abort and restart every file

is there anyway I can drag & drop or insert a lot of files together without choosing each one and setting the same global settings?

Last edited by daWsOn_s; 21st August 2008 at 16:19.
daWsOn_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 17:10   #2300  |  Link
riptorn

The app seems to be using all 8 cores on my pc but on the first pass cpu only runs around 20% so I get 13fps; on the second pass im hitting 20-22fps. Any reason?
riptorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360