Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 23rd August 2005, 02:46   #61  |  Link

Version 1.4.1 Release Candidate 1

Let's get this puppy out the door! Version 1.4.1 RC1 provides these changes from 1.4.1 Beta 7:

* The Save Project path is now properly saved.

* Added "fccHandler" to the credits listing in the DGDecode manual.

* Revised the playback speed option. It now gives 5 checkable menu
choices: super slow (5fps), slow (10fps), normal (plays reliably at the
correct frame rate for the stream), fast (2 times normal), maximum (as fast
as possible).

* A warning box is popped up if Force Film is used inappropriately. The user
can decide whether to proceed anyway or to cancel.

* The leading number on the file path lines at the top of the file was
eliminated. This makes editing the D2V file to change paths easier. The D2V
file format version is therefore bumped to 11, and you will need to remake
existing projects.

http://neuron2.net/dgmpgdec/dgmpgdec141rc1.zip
Old 23rd August 2005, 02:58   #62  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zep
wow great work you two (three?)
All the users who kindly provide feedback need to be acknowledged too.

You're just in time for 141RC1. Avery (phaeron) told me how to reliably play back at real time rate in a relatively easy way (no messy threads and thread sync).

Last edited by Guest; 23rd August 2005 at 03:21.
Old 23rd August 2005, 11:23   #63  |  Link
fccHandler
Registered Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2
* Added "fccHandler" to the credits listing in the DGDecode manual.
*blush*

I don't think I've ever thanked you for DGMPGDec. I don't do much DVD ripping, but if I did I wouldn't dream of using any other tool. Thanks!
Old 23rd August 2005, 11:54   #64  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Avery (phaeron) told me how to reliably play back at real time rate in a relatively easy way (no messy threads and thread sync).
The revised playback features work very well indeed now... many thanks.

Given that we now have the "Super Slow" feature. Would it be possible to include "Frame Accurate Seeking" by using main slide bar and the keyboards "left" and "right" arrows, while the Preview box is still open?

Cheers
Old 23rd August 2005, 13:09   #65  |  Link
scharfis_brain
brainless

I have a feature request for DGindex.

I like to create demuxed sound and video off a DVD-ROM-Drive with dgindex.
But after creation of the project file/demuxing, I need to re-run DGindek over the demuxed m2v again, because the initially written d2v-project file refers to my DVD-ROM-Drive instead to the demuxed m2v.

Don't PM me for technical support, please.
Old 23rd August 2005, 13:24   #66  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital
Given that we now have the "Super Slow" feature. Would it be possible to include "Frame Accurate Seeking" by using main slide bar and the keyboards "left" and "right" arrows, while the Preview box is still open?
That thought occurred to me as well. The mechanism for pacing playback just inserts a delay before displaying each frame. So if the delay is changed to a wait for a button to be pressed, we could have single-stepping forward. But it would not allow for stepping backward, nor would it allow for performing the other actions that frame accuracy implies, such as arbitrary cut points. However, if it was thought useful, it might be worth adding a new mode called Single Step, and then enabling the right arrow button when in that mode.

Another problem that should probably be fixed, because this mode would make it more noticable, is the possibility of displaying a few macroblocked frames at the beginning of a play/preview. This occurs because the full random navigation code of DGDecode is not present in DGIndex. But adding that code would begin approaching full frame accuracy and would mitigate the need for the single step mode described above.

So I'm still thinking about where to go with this.
Old 23rd August 2005, 13:26   #67  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

@scharfis_brain

you can edit the d2v changing the path of m2v... (last time i used this trick the d2v resulting was OK)

BHH
Old 23rd August 2005, 13:27   #68  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by scharfis_brain
I like to create demuxed sound and video off a DVD-ROM-Drive with dgindex. But after creation of the project file/demuxing, I need to re-run DGindex over the demuxed m2v again, because the initially written d2v-project file refers to my DVD-ROM-Drive instead to the demuxed m2v.
Why does it matter? The video served by DGDecode will be the same in both cases. I'm missing your point.
Old 23rd August 2005, 13:29   #69  |  Link
xDrJx
The Schwartz Is With Me

Don't know if this belong here but I do know it's more then deserved: for all the hard work, it's more then appreciated
again
Old 23rd August 2005, 13:32   #70  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzqw
you can edit the d2v changing the path of m2v... (last time i used this trick the d2v resulting was OK)
No, because the file offsets recorded in the D2V will be wrong. Linear play from the start might be OK, but random access will be totally screwed up.

scharfi's idea could be difficult to implement. I'll think about it but I am not optimistic.

Last edited by Guest; 23rd August 2005 at 13:36.
Old 23rd August 2005, 13:53   #71  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
... we could have single-stepping forward. But it would not allow for stepping backward, nor would it allow for performing the other actions that frame accuracy implies, such as arbitrary cut points. However, if it was thought useful, it might be worth adding a new mode called Single Step, and then enabling the right arrow button when in that mode..... So I'm still thinking about where to go with this.
Thanks for the reply.

A "Single Step" forward (or Frame Advance) mode would be very useful for what I use DGIndex for. Would it be possible to make the main slide bar active also? So if you miss the frame you want, you can go back and try again.

Cheers
Old 23rd August 2005, 14:12   #72  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital
Would it be possible to make the main slide bar active also? So if you miss the frame you want, you can go back and try again.
No, that would require too much hacky stuff. You'd have to stop preview, navigate, and start again.
Old 23rd August 2005, 16:43   #73  |  Link
Inc
Squeeze it!

Quote:
* The leading number on the file path lines at the top of the file was
eliminated. This makes editing the D2V file to change paths easier. The D2V
file format version is therefore bumped to 11, and you will need to remake
existing projects.
Hi Donald,

I think thats quite a big change for other Apps. which in their state now do parse the resulted d2v for accessing the used source VOB(s). Im not shure but some Apps do readout the d2v at the given line and parse the VOB file for getting informations of the stream which aren't served by openMPEG2Source() i.e..
In most programming Environments does exist a command for eleminating Letters in a string at a given startpos. using a given count, so I think there would be less trouble for exisiting Apps. then just using a string handling command when coding.

Thanks
Old 23rd August 2005, 17:41   #74  |  Link

@incredible

I cannot decipher what you are suggesting or asking.

If you are objecting to a change in the D2V file format, be advised that there have been several since the apps you mentioned were created. If they want to be compatible with the latest DGMPGDec, then they will have to be revised. I cannot halt evolution just because some third-party apps exist.

If you are objecting to the loss of the count field, be advised that it can be easily regenerated programmatically by using strlen().
Old 23rd August 2005, 21:35   #75  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

I was wondering, if CLI was updated to allow multiple audio tracks to be demuxed in one go - does it make sense to do the same for audio PIDs in transport streams?
Old 24th August 2005, 04:11   #76  |  Link
Amit

requesting support for RFF flags interpretation in Interlaced movies

@neuron2,

I ran the latest build v1.4.1 Beta 7 on a very peculiar movie (NTSC R1). This is an interlace movie but has RFF flags which are playing with the field order. You can get a sample clip and more information at http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=98921

I would like to see this kind of support in your program since you are basically improving and doing things that original DVD2AVI cannot do.

TIA
-Amit
Old 24th August 2005, 04:53   #77  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit
I would like to see this kind of support in your program
Old news; it's already there: Tools/Fix D2V.

Last edited by Guest; 24th August 2005 at 05:00.
Old 24th August 2005, 04:54   #78  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by len0x
I was wondering, if CLI was updated to allow multiple audio tracks to be demuxed in one go - does it make sense to do the same for audio PIDs in transport streams?
And multiple video demuxing, too, right?

Is this something you really need, or are you just epitomizing Emerson's hobgoblin?

Last edited by Guest; 24th August 2005 at 04:57.
Old 24th August 2005, 08:37   #79  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

Mutiple video demuxing? Nah As a matter of fact I don't find video demuxing a particulary useful feature at all.

About audio: I'm not sure how many people actually process multiaudio TS, but in Europe its pretty common I guess to have multiple languages in digital broadcasts, so if people want to keep some of them then its useful to be able to demux multiple ones. But its not something crucial to the process that I really need - just a thought since normal audio demuxing was improved this way.
Old 24th August 2005, 09:57   #80  |  Link
midnightsun

Hey there neuron2,

would it be possible for dgindex to have the capability to write a .txt-like file of all the I-frames positions in a given video stream? Some sort of "parse .D2V and write I-frames' positions" option; something like

Code: