Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 9th January 2013, 16:44   #13781  |  Link
ddjmagic

Here's a zip from Black Hawk Down, I have added the correct playlists in a txt file.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/whaej6

If this is right I will do the others too, I used sendspace because it was the first one on Google
If its not a good place let me know.
ddjmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2013, 17:27   #13782  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
I should setup a sample upload service like VLC has, public upload, but no public download (unless i choose to publish the file link), so it cannot be abused by evil people.
Well, many developers are interested in samples, so I think a private upload service wouldn't be that great, unless you give full all-time access to all developers who ask for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
Here's the info for Hunger Games Region A. This is a screen pass disc. I added the disc.inf file to the zip from AnyDVD. This has the clipinf and playlist directories and the index.bdmv and movieobject.bdmv files. I hope this helps.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6ac6f7jrfcc4y5p
Looks good, but which is the correct playlist to use? If you upload more samples, please add a text file to indicate the correct playlist for each sample. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddjmagic View Post
Here's a zip from Black Hawk Down, I have added the correct playlists in a txt file.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/whaej6

If this is right I will do the others too, I used sendspace because it was the first one on Google
If its not a good place let me know.
Looks good to me, too, thanks. It would be nice if you could include the "disc.inf", too, just to have something to compare to. I do wonder, though. Your text file says: "00042.mpls is the longest playlist and usually mistaken for the main movie". But 0042.mpls is an SD playlist! eac3to at least never picks an SD playlist as the main movie unless there's no HD content at all on the disc.

If XMBC/jRiver MC/LAV currently do sometimes pick an SD playlist as the main movie, I think that's something that should be very easy to improve.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2013, 17:32   #13783  |  Link

Inception and the Region B Hunger Games (different playlist structure)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/511xu0
EDIT: Now with disc.inf
EDIT2: The disc.inf files are saying the type is BD-R because I just mounted images rather than getting the discs. (most of my discs are stored away - I use a HTPC to avoid having bookshelves full of discs sitting out) That won't make a difference, will it?

I've definitely got some other discs here that load the wrong playlist when I open index.bdmv, but I can't think which ones they are right now.

Last edited by 6233638; 9th January 2013 at 17:51.
6233638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2013, 17:36   #13784  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

@nevcairiel, I hope you're ok with the samples being "announced" in this thread? Personally, I'm interested in the samples, in any case...

@6233638, thanks. And could you please also include the "disc.inf", in case you have it?
Old 9th January 2013, 17:46   #13785  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Well, many developers are interested in samples, so I think a private upload service wouldn't be that great, unless you give full all-time access to all developers who ask for it.
It would be an option to allow any person that wants read access (within reason) to grant it. Many projects use a upload-only FTP for sharing samples on bug reports because all these one-click hosters are just terrible, but offering a publicly-readable file hosting obviously comes with a whole bunch of problems.
Depending on how big the upload volume would be, might as well take a moderation approach, just hold all files until they are checked to be at least remotely relevant to something, and not just someone trying to host illegal content.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 9th January 2013 at 17:54.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2013, 17:57   #13786  |  Link
SamuriHL

madshi, I added the disc.inf for that very reason. It contains the valid playlist which is 665 on that one.
Old 9th January 2013, 18:02   #13787  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

@SamuriHL, ah, I see. Just thought that disc.inf wasn't always showing the correct playlist, as opposed to SpeedMenus? That's why I thought it might make sense to clearly state which playlist is the correct one.

@nevcairiel, you're right about the danger of hosting illegal content. I think if you only grant all devs (and maybe trusted non-devs) download access on request, that might be a pretty good solution.
Old 9th January 2013, 18:04   #13788  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
@SamuriHL, ah, I see. Just thought that disc.inf wasn't always showing the correct playlist, as opposed to SpeedMenus? That's why I thought it might make sense to clearly state which playlist is the correct one.
disc.inf only shows the playlist on Screenpass titles right now, afaik, while Speedmenu obviously show a playlist on all titles.
Old 9th January 2013, 18:05   #13789  |  Link
SamuriHL

There's a misconception about the disc.inf, I think. It ONLY shows the playlists if there's screen pass protection on the disc. If there's no screen pass, then it won't be useful for playlists. If I had done a different disc I'd have specifically stated which playlist was correct. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 9th January 2013, 18:07   #13790  |  Link
ddjmagic

Quote:
Looks good to me, too, thanks. It would be nice if you could include the "disc.inf", too, just to have something to compare to. I do wonder, though. Your text file says: "00042.mpls is the longest playlist and usually mistaken for the main movie". But 0042.mpls is an SD playlist! eac3to at least never picks an SD playlist as the main movie unless there's no HD content at all on the disc.

If XMBC/jRiver MC/LAV currently do sometimes pick an SD playlist as the main movie, I think that's something that should be very easy to improve.
Yes this and Hellboy both have SD content chosen as the main movie by XBMC 11/JRiver/LAV, XBMC 12 picks correctly though.

Those 2 would be easy to solve, but the others are different.

Here are the other discs
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4j9vqp

I haven't added the disc.inf, if you need this I will go back and load the original discs again as some were ripped prior the AnyDVD disc.inf feature.

Edit - I have added a "correct playlist.txt" for each disc showing the correct playlist and also noting the usually selected incorrect playlist.

Last edited by ddjmagic; 9th January 2013 at 18:11.
Old 9th January 2013, 18:15   #13791  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Ok, if disc.inf is only for screen pass, then I guess it's not as important. Thans, ddjmagic, looks like we have a nice collection of samples now.
Old 9th January 2013, 18:18   #13792  |  Link
SamuriHL

This is great! This is one of the biggest areas that we fall down in using non-licensed players. I don't give a flying monkey about menus, either, but, I do want the correct titleset to be chosen. And madshi, I suspect this probably helps a bit with eac3to, huh?
Old 9th January 2013, 18:24   #13793  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Yes, it might help for eac3to at some point in the future, too. But has anybody actually tested yet how often eac3to fails? But that's a bit OT here, I guess...
Old 9th January 2013, 18:33   #13794  |  Link
ddjmagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
This is great! This is one of the biggest areas that we fall down in using non-licensed players. I don't give a flying monkey about menus, either, but, I do want the correct titleset to be chosen.
I agree 100% Hopefully steps can be made towards that.

I think for Screenpass titles reading from the 'disc.inf' like JRiver, is going to be the only way it can be achieved (Without an awful lot of work)
Old 9th January 2013, 18:46   #13795  |  Link
ddjmagic

Sorry, one last one that I just remembered having problems with - American Pie - Another that plays a long SD special feature track.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5rci4t
Old 9th January 2013, 19:00   #13796  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Yes, it might help for eac3to at some point in the future, too. But has anybody actually tested yet how often eac3to fails? But that's a bit OT here, I guess...
More than you'd like. Yes, it's been tested, but, as you said, OT for here. Its logic could be improved, though.
Old 9th January 2013, 20:07   #13797  |  Link
Sebastiii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddjmagic View Post
I'm still trying to find a player that can use LAV's playlist selection, I've tried MPC-HC (Nightly), MPC-BE, Zoom Player, Pot Player and KM Player, I've disabled all the internal filters and set LAV for everything on each but they all are still using their own selection.

What are you guys using as a player with LAV, any suggestions appreciated.
Hi,
You could always try MediaPortal (Native BD Player but here it will not use LAV Splitter) or MediaPortal with BDHandler (that use LAV Splitter)

And Thanks Nev for your work (i will never stop to say it :P)
Old 9th January 2013, 22:50   #13798  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

LAV Filters 0.55
Code:
General
- All Filters now have an optional tray icon which can open the property sheet when clicked (disabled by default)

LAV Splitter
- Improved FPS detection for interlaced H.264 streams in Matroska
- Fixed H.264 in Ogg and PMP
- Fixed seeking in RMVB files with AAC audio
- Improved support for AAC in MPEG-TS (especially in ISDB-T)
- Fixed Key-Frame seeking for AVI and added support for MP4

LAV Video
- Improved handling of raw RGB video with LAV Splitter (Video was upside-down in some cases)
- Improved support for the Overlay Mixer renderer
- Fixed decoding of non-mod16 video with CUVID
- Fixed DXVA2 decoding of H.264 MBAFF content with >= 16px cropping
- Support for fade in/out animations in DVD subtitles
- Fixed DVD menu overlays showing too early on some discs
- Fixed forced DVD subtitles being stuck on the screen until the next subtitle line
- Improved playback of MPEG-1 in MKV with Haali Splitter

LAV Audio
- Fixed 6.1 to 7.1 upmixing when the standard channel layout option is turned off
- Dithering when converting audio to 16-bit Integer
- Fallback to DTS "Core" bitstreaming if DTS-HD fails
Download: Installer (both x86/x64) -- Zips: 32-bit & 64-bit

Tray Icons
As most that read this probably already know, LAV now has tray icons for all three filters. They are disabled by default, and in this version don't offer much functionality - they show up, and you can click them to open the property sheet of the appropriate filter.
This at least allows you to directly access the configuration/status of the actually active instance of LAV, because many players either don't offer access to the property page at all, or always instanciate a new copy, and don't use the one used for playback.

In the future, more features will be added to the tray icons, most notably: LAV Splitter will allow direct stream switching through the tray icon for players which do not offer this.

And everything else
Since it was quite a while since the last release already, a lot of small fixes and most importantly a lot of ffmpeg changes have accumulated for this release.
Most importantly, the way the H.264 decoder in ffmpeg deals with resolution changes was greatly improved, and i hope it didn't cause any regressions.

As always, please report any issues you find with this version to me, most importantly regressions, but all other sorts of issues as well, of course.
I hope i don't have to do a .1 release within the week to fix any new issues, but with the sheer amount of ffmpeg changes, i'm prepared to do so if required.

Have fun!
Old 9th January 2013, 23:21   #13799  |  Link
Pomegranate

Thank you very much for the new version, Mr Nev.

Dithering is a reaaaallly nice touch!
Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 00:48   #13800  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

nice to see the tray-icon-feature.

but i miss the support of ordered chapters. is there a real chance that you start with this feature this year?
Please Please Please :-)
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter