Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 27th June 2012, 19:46   #981  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, thanks. I'll have a look tomorrow.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2012, 19:51   #982  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Sorry. They have recently changed the rules at 4shared, and apparently, it is not possible any more to share a file!
I've uploaded the SUP here.
Old 27th June 2012, 20:07   #983  |  Link
SassBot

Thanks. Yep, Java version is reading it as an HD DVD SUP.
Old 27th June 2012, 20:38   #984  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, I'll play with IFOs tomorrow...
Old 27th June 2012, 21:10   #985  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Just tried with the original IFO in the direcrory, but I can't get it to work. The java version still errors out.
Is it really sufficient to copy the IFO in the same dir and with the same filename (Subpictures_22.IFO in my example)? I've also tried to rename the files to VTS_02_0.sup and VTS_02_0.IFO, but still with no luck.

I think I'll definitively abandon the java version and stick with your much better ++ version. :-)

[EDIT] Got it! In fact, you have to load the IFO, not the SUP. In that case, the java version works fine. (The doc is very unclear on that point.)

Last edited by r0lZ; 27th June 2012 at 21:32.
Old 27th June 2012, 21:44   #986  |  Link
SassBot

Yes, the Java version requires you to open the IFO file with a name matching your SUP file for it to be read as a DVD SUP. My version is smarter.

Last edited by SassBot; 27th June 2012 at 21:57.
Old 27th June 2012, 21:55   #987  |  Link
SassBot

So while fixing the issue from the original BDSup2Sub here I noticed a subtle bug I introduced in the YCbCr to RGB code within the palette class that caused the SUP's palette to be decoded incorrectly. So once again refreshing the test version with this new fixed one here. This just leaves the CLI parsing and r0lz's request and that should be enough for me to push the 1.0.0 final release unless any other bugs can be uncovered.
Old 27th June 2012, 21:56   #988  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassBot View Post
Yes, the Java version requires you to open the IFO file with a name matching your SUP file for it to be read as a DVD SUP.
BTW, can you confirm that the arguments passed via the command line (and especially /pal: argument) take precedence over the IFO? (I need to give the correct palette, as otherwise BDSup2Sub uses the palette of the first Title PGC, not always correct.)
Old 27th June 2012, 21:59   #989  |  Link
SassBot

Well the CLI help says "load palette file <s> - default: use builtin palette". I assume that means it would override but I will check to confirm it now.
Old 27th June 2012, 22:01   #990  |  Link
mjuhasz

Quote:
Yes, the Java version requires you to open the IFO file with a name matching your SUP file for it to be read as a DVD SUP.
The (Java) development version already has a fix for this (issue #9). It will be released once I'm done with the CLI update and the outstanding issues in the GitHub tracker. One of them is actually a more robust way to load sup files (issue #4) I agree that the documentation is not very clear on this. It should "just work" so instead of just improving the documentation I'll make it magically work...
BTW, the snapshot version is downloadable from GitHub. While I keep the development version stable it's still mainly for testers.
mjuhasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2012, 22:05   #991  |  Link
SassBot

The way I'm handling it now is that if it's not a BD SUP, open a dialog to ask the user for the IFO to go along with it. If they choose one then load the file as a DVD SUP. If they don't then first try to load it as a DVD SUP. If it's not a DVD SUP it will throw an exception and then I tell it to try it as an HD DVD SUP.

Last edited by SassBot; 27th June 2012 at 22:11.
Old 27th June 2012, 22:11   #992  |  Link
DoctorM

Something said had me thinking. That jitter that I was talking about earlier in the thread could be overcome if there was an option to not crop.

At the moment it's done to all subtitles whether it is needed or not. The ability to disable it would be useful since cropping is only needed for x/y changes. Simple resizing, retiming, format changes, etc. can all be done regardless of cropping (or the original size).
Just a thought.

Heck, even better would be on-the-fly detection/cropping. In other words, no cropping occurs unless a title is moved beyond the target frame size. And then perhaps just the minimum amount of cropping needed to make the move.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2012, 22:12   #993  |  Link
SassBot

Actually ignore that r0lz. Just giving it the palette to load seems sufficient. I misreading the code.
Old 27th June 2012, 22:13   #994  |  Link
SassBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
Something said had me thinking. That jitter that I was talking about earlier in the thread could be overcome if there was an option to not crop.

At the moment it's done to all subtitles whether it is needed or not. The ability to disable it would be useful since cropping is only needed for x/y changes. Simple resizing, retiming, format changes, etc. can all be done regardless of cropping (or the original size).
Just a thought.

Heck, even better would be on-the-fly detection/cropping. In other words, no cropping occurs unless a title is moved beyond the target frame size. And then perhaps just the minimum amount of cropping needed to make the move.
Thank you for reminding me about that. Actually I believe the jitter is more likely due to it cropping certain subtitles by odd amounts. I'm going to put in a change that makes any cropping have to be a multiple of 2 that you can then try to see if that fixes your jitter problem.
Old 27th June 2012, 22:56   #995  |  Link
DoctorM

Quote:
Thank you for reminding me about that. Actually I believe the jitter is more likely due to it cropping certain subtitles by odd amounts. I'm going to put in a change that makes any cropping have to be a multiple of 2 that you can then try to see if that fixes your jitter problem.
Thank you. I will give it a go as soon as you make the change and report back.

Last edited by DoctorM; 28th June 2012 at 04:42.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 04:16   #996  |  Link
SassBot

Once again, another refresh for a couple of other bugs I uncovered. Download here.
Old 28th June 2012, 08:13   #997  |  Link
Chetwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Note that cropped subpictures can also be present in the original DVD. Although most commercial DVDs have full-size subpictures, cropped subpics are also common.
Still, I'd prefer having an option to not crop the subs in case of some old standalones having issues with them. Another thing: in some cases BDSUP2SUB fixes "corrupt" Vobsubs automatically by opening and saving them. Is there a switch for the command-line that would open and save all subs from a certain folder so this could be done as a batch? Thx.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink
: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Übersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Chetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 13:07   #998  |  Link
SassBot

Just pass in wildcard for input and output and specify no other options. That should give you what you want.
Old 28th June 2012, 18:21   #999  |  Link
Selur

will bdsup2sub++ get or does it have some command line options?
Old 28th June 2012, 18:27   #1000  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Same as the java version. (Perhaps more in the future.)