Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 15th May 2015, 04:59   #30001  |  Link
James Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Freeman
FSE mode fails to engage. Black Screen in 8bit. "exclusive mode failed" message in 10bit.
Nvidia Windows 7 64
Works fine here. Is that a new problem for you? If so, could you please try to find out which exact madVR build introduced this problem for you?
0.88.7 introduced it for me.
I had to run "restore default settings", and everything works fine now.
Is it a standard procedure to reset setting with every new build? If so, my bad sorry.

Now 0.88.7 is rock solid without any apparent bugs, great build Thanks !
Switching to fullscreen is instant with D3D11 and overall feel of 0.88 is snappier and faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi
What I want to hear about is quality differences, maybe quality vs performance considerations, nothing else. Thanks!
Alright, quality wise it is almost impossible to differentiate between the two when they are properly set.
Any one of them will be adequate.

Last edited by James Freeman; 15th May 2015 at 09:00.
James Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 06:02   #30002  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar2k4 View Post
I will most likely go with the Titan X, but wanted to see if there was anything else out there to consider. Guess not.
You'd be better off with the 980 Ti. Just hold off a bit.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 06:52   #30003  |  Link
Dogway

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Artifacts from different algorithms will be rather low, because the chroma channel is usually very soft. But if you're worried about this kind of problems, you can use both luma+chroma doubling, then this problem should be solved.

Multiple colorspace conversions are not "nice", but I'm using 16bit integer textures which have a LOT of precision, and I'm not cutting away BTB/WTW, either, so there's really not much to worry about. The colorspace conversions in madVR are not 100% lossless, but they should be nearly lossless.
Artifacts would be rather low... unless you use something as aggressive as NNEDI3. As you said in the quote of my last post, "image" doubling is done with NNEDI3 for luma and Catmull-Rom for chroma, I want to point out what kind of artifacts you are going to get with such decision, in this post there are various screenshots using "chroma upscale" as a case in point, but the same applies to "Image doubling". (nnedix2, catromAR). Just look at the mountains, you will see a lot of aliasing on the chroma plane because the luma is properly antialiased but chroma isn't, this might not be relevant on live films but on animation you are calling for problems.

Using high bitdepth precision is not going to save you from strong chroma plane degradation. Every conversion behaves like a lowpass filter in the chroma plane precisely because as you say chroma channel is usually very soft. You can check this using Color bars or calibration targets (or better yet colored grain). Anyways my question wasn't rhetorical, I'm interested on why you can't use YUV filtering/scaling until the very last step, specially when not using post-processing filters. What prevents you on doing so since it forces a great degradation mostly when the option "image doubling" is used.

Last edited by Dogway; 15th May 2015 at 07:04.
Dogway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 07:05   #30004  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogway View Post
Artifacts would be rather low... unless you use something as aggressive as NNEDI3. As you said in the quote of my last post, "image" doubling is done with NNEDI3 for luma and Catmull-Rom for chroma, I want to point out what kind of artifacts you are going to get with such decision, in this post there are various screenshots using "chroma upscale" as a case in point, but the same applies to "Image doubling".
madshi added chroma doubling back with v0.88.6 so I suppose this is not an issue anymore?

edit: BTW, the screen shots from that post were not using "chroma upscale", the source was RGB so "chroma upscale" was never needed or possible. The point was to test luma only doubling (with Jinc3 or Catmull-Rom for chroma scaling) v.s. both luma and chroma doubling.

Quote:
Using high bitdepth precision is not going to save you from strong chroma plane degradation. Every conversion behaves like a lowpass filter in the chroma plane precisely because as you say chroma channel is usually very soft.
A lowpass filter?! A 16-bit RGB->YCbCr->RGB does not behave like a lowpass filter. It isn't going to YCbCr 4:2:0.

Last edited by Asmodian; 15th May 2015 at 07:31.
Asmodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 07:30   #30005  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

SuperRes is doing a GREAT job on 768p laptop display without too much cost on performance.

On 1080p TV, however, the performance hit is WAY too high!! It goes from 14ms rendering to 39ms. Even with basic upscaling algorithm, it won't work with SVP at 60fps.

Is it normal that there is such a big difference of performance hit with SuperRes between 768p and 1080p?

Last edited by MysteryX; 24th June 2015 at 06:10.
MysteryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 07:45   #30006  |  Link
Dogway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
edit: BTW, the screen shots from that post were not using "chroma upscale", the source was RGB so "chroma upscale" was never needed or possible. The point was to test luma only doubling (with Jinc3 or Catmull-Rom for chroma scaling) v.s. both luma and chroma doubling.
As I said, it behaves exactly as it currently does and as madshi stated, luma and chroma doubling don't use the same upscaler. This produces aliasing mismatches like the ones seen in the picture.

Quote:
A lowpass filter?! A 16-bit RGB->YCbCr->RGB does not behave like a lowpass filter. It isn't going to YCbCr 4:2:0.
Don't raise any eyebrows, every conversion behaves like a lowpass filter when done successively, even with full chroma. This is original chroma plane, this is chroma plane after YUV,RGB,YUV444,RGB,YUV. And yes, it even has a lowpass filter feel to it when I use YUV444 for the last conversion. Test script.

Last edited by Dogway; 15th May 2015 at 08:23.
Dogway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 08:15   #30007  |  Link
omarank

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback! Seems there'll be another Shiandow deband iteration coming. <sigh> Of course it's all good, the algorithm getting better all the time. But I hope you users/testers won't be bored at some point, retesting revised algos all the time?
No, you may rest assured that we won’t be bored with the testing. The subsequent rounds of testing for the same feature actually help it evolve to become perfect.

However, it so happens that every time madVR is in active development, I have a relatively higher workload. So I am not able to contribute as much as I could normally do.

Quote:
It's on my list.
Ok, thanks!
omarank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 09:12   #30008  |  Link
James Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRyche View Post
It seems Direct3D11 FSE stopped showing an image during playback for me in this release. Direct3D11 FS Windowed works as well as all modes of Direct 3D9. Direct3D11 FSE was working fine in the previous release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moony349 View Post
I don't think DX11 is working for me after updating to 88.7.

FSE mode says "fullscreen exclusive mode new path" instead of FSE 10 bit.

Going back to 88.5 with same settings fixed issue.

I'm on Windows 7 x64, GTX 780, x64 MPC HC.
There is a "restore default settings.bat" in the madVR folder, run it and test again.
It fixed the problem for me.
Old 15th May 2015, 09:21   #30009  |  Link
detmek

Quote:

If you see no advantage for D3D11 than there's no problem at all staying with D3D9. I think I didn't answer to your previous comment: If "use a separate device for presentation" causes the same problem with D3D9 then that points to a driver issue. I've had several of those with Intel already. Many of them have to do with sharing textures over multiple devices, sadly.
Thanks Madshi. If its a driver problem then it exists more then a year. Last year I switched from Nvidia GPU to IGPU. With Nvidia I had active "use a separate device for presentation" because it used to give me lower rendering times. After switching I forgot to reset madVR and I had some stutters. I resetted madVR settings and in process of elimination I found that mentioned option was a problem. I forgot about that until you asked me to activate that option.
Old 15th May 2015, 09:22   #30010  |  Link
nijiko
Hi-Fi Fans

@madshi : Will madVR support multi-languages? I can help to translate to Japanese & Trad. Chinese.
nijiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 09:34   #30011  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Don't raise any eyebrows, every conversion behaves like a lowpass filter when done successively, even with full chroma. This is original chroma plane, this is chroma plane after YUV,RGB,YUV444,RGB,YUV. And yes, it even has a lowpass filter feel to it when I use YUV444 for the last conversion. Test script.
Thats absolute nonsense. Maybe if you store the intermediates in 8-bit all the time (like your test script appears to do), but if you store them with enough precision, it does not result in any image degredation.
I don't know what kind of Matrix madshi uses for this intermediate steps, but for example YCgCo is proven to be mathematically perfectly lossless given enough intermediate precision.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 15th May 2015 at 09:58.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 09:39   #30012  |  Link
Razoola

I can confirm for me in 088.7 full screen exclusive mode is not reported as DX11 but in windows mode it is. Though I can't remember checking if there was ever a message to show it was in FSE DX11 or DX9
Razoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 09:59   #30013  |  Link
Werewolfy

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback! Seems there'll be another Shiandow deband iteration coming. <sigh> Of course it's all good, the algorithm getting better all the time. But I hope you users/testers won't be bored at some point, retesting revised algos all the time?
I tested the lastest iteration so far and it's definitely better. In some cases it's better than the high preset but I found one case where it's very weak compared to the high preset. I wait until the next iteration comes out and if it's not corrected I will post a picture (or a sample video?) if it can help Shiandow.
Old 15th May 2015, 09:59   #30014  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMonarchY View Post
Its difficult to explain, but I do know it for a fact. When I made Rec.709 3DLUT I had my TV's setting for Flesh Tone set to 0, but I accidentally left Flash Tone set to -15 when I created Rec.601 3DLUT. That creates an obvious difference when I switch between Rec.709 and Rec.601 3DLUT's using identical TV settings. Rec.709 line is used for SMPTE C content for sure, at least in 88.5.
Ok, let's do some more tests:

1) Leave all your settings just as they are, but rename one of the 3dlut files to something else (e.g. add "dummy" to the file name). madVR should then complain about the missing file. If you do this with a Rect.601 video file, then which file do you have to remain to make madVR complain?

2) If you toggle through the primaries (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P), does that make madVR load the correct 3dlut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufkrawall View Post
It's not very time consuming, and if one wants better quality it's not really a sacrifice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omarank View Post
No, you may rest assured that we won’t be bored with the testing. The subsequent rounds of testing for the same feature actually help it evolve to become perfect.
Good to hear - thanks! So Shiandow, bring on the next version of your Deband script!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufkrawall View Post
However, have we seen yet example images that show a real advantage for Shiandow's current implementation?
I for myself haven't found such an example yet. Higher threshould values with bad sources can be nice because of that deblocking effect, but it vanishes too much detail with good sources.
Well, to be honest, I'm kinda glad that it appears to be hard for Shiandow to create an algorithm which beats mine, it shows that my algorithm isn't half bad. But as long as he has ideas on how to improve his algorithm, let him keep trying. Maybe we'll and up with a superior solution sooner or later.

FWIW, maybe I could improve my "high" preset, too. I have the "angle" feature for "low" and "med", which is currently disabled for "high". I spent a lot more time developing the low/med algos. So maybe there's some room left in my algorithm to improve for "high". Sadly, I don't have a lot of time left for madVR at the moment. So it'll have to wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMonarchY View Post
88.7 works wonderful for me! I get no frame drops, even when I use Chroma Upscaling SuperRes Filter and also enable SuperRes in Image Refinement (High setting). Hell, I even enabled Octuple settings and everything is peachy! Shiandow's debanding and new setting (0.2 for threshold and 1 for detail level) are also better. I used to get obvious big shimmering squares (NOT dithering) on darker grays in Mid/Low-HQ content that were not present when only the original debanding was used. With 88.7 and new Shaindow's settings, those shimmering squares are now a lot smaller. Sometimes I think the original de-banding is still better, not as noisy.
Ok, thanks for your feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickled_pink View Post
Stupid(?) question - When testing deband algos, we should check one or the other, correct? Leaving both checked is effectively using both algos simultaneously, or am I missing something?
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
This version appears to have broken D3D11 entirely on my Win7 GTX770 system, or rather it never activates and madVR always uses D3D9. It works when I reset madVR to defaults though, so it must be something related to my settings/profiles, but so far I've not been able to figure out which causes it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daert View Post
In the latest build (0.88.7) d3d11 is not enabled at all even if I check the option. The OSD shows always "(new path)" both in windowed mode and FSE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moony349 View Post
I don't think DX11 is working for me after updating to 88.7.

FSE mode says "fullscreen exclusive mode new path" instead of FSE 10 bit.

Going back to 88.5 with same settings fixed issue.
There are 2 possible reasons for why the D3D11 path might not be activated:

1) Either you have desktop composition disabled (only possible on Windows 7).
2) Or you have the number of video frames which shall be presented in advance set to 16. I've just found out after releasing v0.88.7 that 15 is that max I can do. Using 16 means the D3D11 device creation fails. So lower this option to 14 (15 isn't currently supported), and D3D11 should start working again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x7007 View Post
Should I use native display bitrate 8bit or 10bit ? I'm using the D3D11.
Nobody can tell you. Depends on your display. Zoom the "smallramp.ytp" test pattern (see madTestPatternSource filter download on the first post of this thrad) to fullscreen, then compare 8bit vs 10bit output and use that which looks better to your eyes.

Quote:
What should I choose for debanding Debanding Strength - medium / fade in/out high ? or to enable shaindow's deband threshold 0.5 detail level 2 ? I don't remember if that's the default
That's still up in the air. If you're not sure, use the "old" algorithm (low, medium or high) instead of Shiandow's deband algorithm for now.

Quote:
Should I use quadruple luma resolution ?
If your GPU has the power for that, why not?

Quote:
How come without the Settings.bin file in the folder Madvr keep my settings ? and after that it makes the file, how it remembers all my settings without the settings.bin ?
The settings are also stored in the registry. You can double click on "restore default settings.bat" to clear out all old settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daert View Post
In 0.88.6 the refresh rate fix doesn't work. With D3d9 FSE both 24p and 60p work but with d3d11 FSE only 60p works, 24p doesn't work yet.
Let me explain what happens: my monitor has a 23p with a blurred image and a timing of 23.970 so I created a 24p custom resolution with the exact timing of 23.976 and a clear image. When MPC enters in FSE the resolution is switched back to the blurred 23p even if I set my 24p in the nvidia control panel.
I'm using MPC-HC 1.7.8.162 x64, Lav 0.65-2 and Windows 8.1 x64. I have a gtx 660 with 350.12 and an intel q9550.
So your blurred mode is known to Windows as 23p and your "good" mode is known to Windows as 24p? Which modes did you add to the madVR display mode changing list?

Quote:
It probably changes the error upscale step from bilinear to something else, maybe Jinc3 based on the rendering times?
High quality is Jinc3. Medium quality is SoftCubic50. This is for upscaling the error texture which is part of the SuperRes algorithm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetA13 View Post
1. the artefacts are back when using nnedi3, both, in chroma upscaling and image doubling.
It was fine with v0.87.21. (was about kepler gtx670 , win 764bit and 32bit..)
Maybe you need to reapply the fix suggested by cyberbeing, which IIRC was clearing the madVR OpenCL registry storage key and then recreating the kernel with the 64bit madVR build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetA13 View Post
2. when using d3d11 mode in FSE/windowed my monitor resolution resets and stuff is cut off..it changes my desktop resolution also and changes teh hz form 60 to 25...
with the normal d3d9 (new path) mode it works fine doh, all 60 hz...
Which modes do you have listed in the madVR display mode changer? And which exact mode does either D3D9 or D3D11 switch to? (Using the same video file)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRyche View Post
It seems Direct3D11 FSE stopped showing an image during playback for me in this release. Direct3D11 FS Windowed works as well as all modes of Direct 3D9. Direct3D11 FSE was working fine in the previous release.
You mean you just get a black screen? Does the debug OSD work (Ctrl+J)? Do you have 10bit output enabled? Try with 8bit output.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar2k4 View Post
Thanks Asmodian. I am happy with the settings I am using, but knowing I can do more with a more powerful card is killing me. I am using a Sony VW600ES 4K projector to a 110" screen so every bit of improvement is noticeable. I will most likely go with the Titan X, but wanted to see if there was anything else out there to consider. Guess not.
Next generation GPUs are just around the corner, I'd wait for those, as already suggested by the other users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Freeman View Post
0.88.7 introduced it for me.
I had to run "restore default settings", and everything works fine now.
Is it a standard procedure to reset setting with every new build? If so, my bad sorry.
It's not a standard procedure. Not sure which setting was the problem. Anyway, glad to hear it's working fine with default settings now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Freeman View Post
Alright, quality wise it is almost impossible to differentiate between the two when they are properly set.
Any one of them will be adequate.
Ok, thanks!

Quote:
Artifacts would be rather low... unless you use something as aggressive as NNEDI3. As you said in the quote of my last post, "image" doubling is done with NNEDI3 for luma and Catmull-Rom for chroma
Only if you configure madVR that way!! In the latest build you can use the same algorithm for both luma and chroma, if you want. So problem solved.

Quote:
Using high bitdepth precision is not going to save you from strong chroma plane degradation. Every conversion behaves like a lowpass filter in the chroma plane
Ok, let's do a simple check. Do this math for me, please:

34 * 0.222 = x
x / 0.222 = y

Do x and y differ? If not, then there's your proof that not *every* conversion behaves like a lowpass filter. Converting between RGB and YCbCr is pretty similar to what I wrote above. It's just a series of multiplications and additions. And there's an *exact* inversion math to go back to the old colorspace. If I used float32 textures, the colorspace conversions would probably be perfectly lossless. Since I'm only using 16bit integer textures, there's a very small quality loss to be expected. But it's nothing like a lowpass filter. A lowpass filter requires that each pixel is influenced by its neighbor pixels. That's simply not the case when doing a color space conversion. The color space conversion might lose 0.00001% of precision, but the precision loss is much lower than any instrument or even our eyes could ever measure.

I'm not sure where you got your ideas from (lowpass filter and all). Those ideas are clearly technically incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryX View Post
SuperRes is doing a GREAT job on 768p laptop display without too much cost on performance.

On 1080p TV, however, the performance hit is WAY too high!! It goes from 14ms rendering to 39ms. Even with basic upscaling algorithm, it won't work with SVP at 60fps.

Is it normal that there is such a big difference of performance hit with SuperRes between 768p and 1080p?
The key factor will be how many upscaling steps there are. What does the debug OSD (Ctrl+J) say about those 2 situations? What is the exact upscaling chain (e.g. "Nnedi32 > Jinc3 AR" or something like that) in either case?

Quote:
every conversion behaves like a lowpass filter
No, it does not. Maybe there's degradation when using AviSynth, I don't know. Is that where you drew your conclusions from? AviSynth is limited to 8bit, IIRC? AviSynth tests don't tell you how madVR behaves. madVR has a dramatically higher calculation bitdepth than AviSynth.

E.g. 34 * 0.222 = 7.548 -> rounded to 8bit = 8
8 / 0.222 = 36.04 -> rounded to 8bit = 36

So by using 8bit math, a value of 34 after one color conversion step suddenly becomes 36. That's terrible!!! But now let's check what madVR does:

34 * 0.222 = 7.548 -> rounded to 16bit = 494666 / 0x10000
494666 / 0x10000 / 0.222 = 34.0000187 -> rounded to 8bit = 34

You see the difference? And 16bit integer is just the storage format used by madVR to store data between different processing steps. Calculation is actually done in 32bit floating point which has an even higher precision than 16bit integer.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 10:04   #30015  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Thats absolute nonsense. Maybe if you store the intermediates in 8-bit all the time (like your test script appears to do), but if you store them with enough precision, it does not result in any image degredation.
I don't know what kind of Matrix madshi uses for this intermediate steps, but for example YCgCo is proven to be mathematically perfectly lossless given enough intermediate precision.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detmek View Post
Thanks Madshi. If its a driver problem then it exists more then a year. Last year I switched from Nvidia GPU to IGPU. With Nvidia I had active "use a separate device for presentation" because it used to give me lower rendering times. After switching I forgot to reset madVR and I had some stutters. I resetted madVR settings and in process of elimination I found that mentioned option was a problem. I forgot about that until you asked me to activate that option.
Yes, it's been a long standing issue with Intel drivers, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijiko View Post
@madshi : Will madVR support multi-languages? I can help to translate to Japanese & Trad. Chinese.
Maybe at some far away time in the future, but not any time soon. Hey, I'm German, and madVR doesn't even support German yet!! English will have to do for everyone for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
I can confirm for me in 088.7 full screen exclusive mode is not reported as DX11 but in windows mode it is. Though I can't remember checking if there was ever a message to show it was in FSE DX11 or DX9
Does it say "8 bit" or "10 bit"? Then it's DX11. Only the DX11 FSE mode does that. I didn't add "D3D11" because together with the bitdepth it made the OSD so very wide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolfy View Post
I tested the lastest iteration so far and it's definitely better. In some cases it's better than the high preset but I found one case where it's very weak compared to the high preset. I wait until the next iteration comes out and if it's not corrected I will post a picture (or a sample video?) if it can help Shiandow.
Ok, thanks!
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 10:10   #30016  |  Link
James Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
In FSE mode the OSD will display the following:

In D3D11;
fullscreen exclusive mode, 8 bit
fullscreen exclusive mode, 10 bit

In D3D9;
fullscreen exclusive mode (new path)
fullscreen exclusive mode (old path)

madshi,
In d3d9 mode when I switch "present several frames in advance" OFF in "exclusive mode settings" it also effects the windoed mode, meaning windowed or FSE it is always (old path).

Last edited by James Freeman; 15th May 2015 at 10:20.
James Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 10:33   #30017  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
2) Or you have the number of video frames which shall be presented in advance set to 16. I've just found out after releasing v0.88.7 that 15 is that max I can do. Using 16 means the D3D11 device creation fails. So lower this option to 14 (15 isn't currently supported), and D3D11 should start working again.
That was the problem. Is this something you can fix, considering 16 could be used with DX11 in previous versions, or will 15 now be the new limit going forward?
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 10:35   #30018  |  Link
iSunrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0077 View Post
also not sure if this is expected behaviour, but madVR when paused seems to keep rerendering the image, ie I can see the rendering times updating all the time, and cpu usage shows mpc-be is not at 0. I guess this is expected or is the intention that it truly does use 0 when paused?
Think about comparisons, when you change settings. Without madVR updating the image we would not have been able to do comparisons within the player. This is intentional and very useful.
iSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 10:50   #30019  |  Link
nijiko
Hi-Fi Fans

Quote:
Maybe at some far away time in the future, but not any time soon. Hey, I'm German, and madVR doesn't even support German yet!! English will have to do for everyone for the time being.
I think you can make the strings output to a .ini file. Then people can modify it for himself/herself.
nijiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 11:09   #30020  |  Link
mark0077

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSunrise View Post
Think about comparisons, when you change settings. Without madVR updating the image we would not have been able to do comparisons within the player. This is intentional and very useful.
Yep, madshi confirmed its only when Ctrl-J stats are up which makes sense. Wouldn't have been very useful to have it using cpu / gpu when paused for majority of users.
mark0077 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling