Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 10th January 2010, 08:28   #941  |  Link
MrVideo

You were doing your posting as I was doing my posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by an3k View Post
GTX295 has VP2, GT240 has VP5 (well, officially its called VP4 but the GT240 supports AVC-MVP which comes with VP5, thus GT240 is VP5). See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_PureVideo
That is a recent change. Before I ordered the card, the GT240 was listed as having VP4 (on that very web page).
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 09:08   #942  |  Link
an3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
You were doing your posting as I was doing my posting.
Sorry, hate that too

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
That is a recent change. Before I ordered the card, the GT240 was listed as having VP4 (on that very web page).
Right. I've updated that wikipedia site since it contained inconsistend information. The table was showing VP4 for GT240 while the more explanatory paragraph was talking about VP5 for the GT240.

I don't know whats true but i think VP5 for GT240 is correct, since two sites are saying that (wiki itself and anandtech.com)

I only changed the VP-Version in the table. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_...n_PureVideo_HD is not modified by me and wasn't modified at least for one or two weeks.

EDIT: nVIDIA Press Release says, the GT240 can handle AVC-MVP, thus GT240 has VP5. See http://www.nvidia.com/object/io_1260507693932.html
EDIT2: There are at least three 3D techniques:
1) shutter glasses: you need a special display for that
2) red/blue glasses: worst 3D technique, works with "every" display
3) split image: no (special) display required, good quality

For technique 1 and 2, you need a display (like LCD), technique 3 only needs glasses.

Last edited by an3k; 10th January 2010 at 09:23.
an3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 14:54   #943  |  Link

@an3k

You didn't respond to my query.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...79#post1361979
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 21:49   #944  |  Link
osgZach

Gonna ask a potentially really stupid question here, as its probably been answered 100 times or logical deduction suggests most people just simply know. But, my information gathering skills suck, so

I've teetered on whether or not I want to purchase a license (and it appears there's no way to demo and play around to find out what the program does and how it works, explicitly).

So I'm just curious if I am making the right assumption about what these tools will do. I understand its a frame server and you can use it with Avisynth to serve stuff through as we've always done.

But regarding the Purevideo Deinterlacer function. I'm assuming that's not just for show, and that, if turned on in an indexed project, when loading said project into a script and streamed to whatever you're using - it will provide a clean progressive image to your application? That's the impression I kind of get from what the Pure Video function is about.

That's be really swell for someone like me, who hates trying to identify sources and all that. Hoping I'm right in assuming this. I really like the idea of just letting the GPU do the deinterlacing (and IVTC I hope?) on a DVD or whatever I pop into my drive. Would make things SO much easier to just get a clean image I can filter and be done with
osgZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 22:32   #945  |  Link
MrVideo

@osgZach

I'm as much of a noob at this as you are. That said, getting neuron2's indexer is money well spent. Of course you'll have to have the appropriate display card to go along with it.

Having one indexer be able to handle NTSC/PAL MPEG-2 (DVD), MPEG-2 HD and H.264 HD is a real plus.

It is a must for H.264 HD, as the software only indexers don't handle PAFF H.264 (see previous posts in this thread).

I do not know how the inner workings of AVISynth work, but so far I don't have any issues getting material encoded through it. I take 1080i and 720p film source material and reverse telecine it perfectly, i.e., converting 29.97 frame/sec telecined HD video and reverse telecine it into 23.976 frame/sec HD video.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 22:56   #946  |  Link
InsulinJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by osgZach View Post
I really like the idea of just letting the GPU do the deinterlacing (and IVTC I hope?)
The GPU will deinterlace if you tell it to, but won't do IVTCing if it's a completely progressive source (which is what ideally you'd want to do if it's all progressive).

While the GPU can do IVTC (there appears to be a checkbox for it in the driver), that functionality isn't exposed in the API that DGNV relies on, so DGNV can't make the GPU do it.
InsulinJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 23:42   #947  |  Link
osgZach

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsulinJunkie View Post
The GPU will deinterlace if you tell it to, but won't do IVTCing if it's a completely progressive source (which is what ideally you'd want to do if it's all progressive).

While the GPU can do IVTC (there appears to be a checkbox for it in the driver), that functionality isn't exposed in the API that DGNV relies on, so DGNV can't make the GPU do it.
I think I get what you're saying, but I guess what I am opining on, is that I would think that if you were doing the playback w/Nvidia Purevideo it would -have- to take care of both to display a DVD properly during playback right? Whether its hybrid, or just plain interlaced, or is a telecined TV show,etc.. I haven't tested GPU playback yet (looking into it) but would assume Purevideo would have to take care of whatever in order to display a proper image without combing artifacts on a PC monitor?

And in that regard, I just wanted to make sure I understood how the utilities worked is all. Basically if I pop a hybrid Anime DVD in, or even something like my Star Blazer's DVD's that appear to be simple telecined to 30FPS - the NVdecoder would deliver thay to Avisynth as a *progressive* stream clean of any combing, etc, if you selected Purevideo while indexing the project?

Obviously it would be dumb to run a progressive video through such a process, but I am unaware of any DVD (at least that I own) that actually is encoded with progressive content in that manner. Or maybe I don't understand how that works w/regards to progressive scan DVD players. But basically instead of having to index and load a D2V project into Vdub w/Avisynth and worry about IVTC or Deinterlacing, I am hoping by selecting purevideo, that is taken care of for me - it feeds the progressive stream into Vdub, and then I can use whatever cleanup filters, etc I need on it, and output it as you normally would to an H264 or whatever .

I would purchase it just for that alone. If it would work on even 50% of my discs.

Last edited by osgZach; 10th January 2010 at 23:48.
Old 11th January 2010, 00:21   #948  |  Link
InsulinJunkie

It won't do things automatically.

If it's 100% progressive (like virtually all properly-authored NTSC DVDs of movies), you can choose FORCE FILM like you would with vanilla DGIndex, but you have to determine that yourself, and make the appropriate choice.

If it's mostly progressive frames in a 3:2 pattern, but doesn't have a constant 3:2 pattern (for instance, a capture of an OTA show that you edit the commericals out), you still have to run a IVTC filter yourself.
InsulinJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 02:45   #949  |  Link
osgZach

Makes enough sense I guess.

I do have plenty of feature films that I know can be force filmed. But I know I have quite a few hybrids too.

I'll probably pick up a license at some point, to play around with it. Although I hope that IVTC would become a possibility in the future, if a way can be figured out to access that. I know from the emails I've read Nvidia seemed pretty happy to help him get things working, so maybe they could help make those options available down the road if its stuff to be done on their end.. ?

Or maybe I expect too much.. Seems like Purevideo has been hyped up a lot in general, so maybe I was expecting it to do things its not intended for.

Last edited by osgZach; 11th January 2010 at 02:47.
Old 11th January 2010, 08:35   #950  |  Link
an3k

@neuron2: Regarding my request in http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...07#post1361007
1) I use AnyDVD so i don't copy the vob files onto hdd before using DGIndex. Thus, if i keep working on the source with AviSynth, it always access the DVD instead of the demuxed video = extremely slow
2) If i demux audio its added to the avs file but since the dgi uses the VOB files, i have two audio streams.

Another thing: Doesn't DGIndex use CUDA for MPEG2? Indexed a MPEG2 main@main some minutes ago. It took 3 minutes and CPU was 50 % used by DGIndexNV.exe (its a singlecore P4 with HyperThreading).
I don't have any MPEG2 decoder installed (but afaik that shouldn't matter since DGINdexNV / CUDA decodes the source.
I indexed a H.264 then, sure its much shorter but has more mbit/s - this file was done within 8 seconds - CPU load was 50 % too.

@osgZach: You don't have to detect manually if your source is interlaced or not.

The DGIndexNV help says:
Quote:
Check Use progressive_frame if you want the deinterlacing to honor NVCUVID's progressive_frame indication. If single or double rate deinterlacing is enabled and this option is checked, then only frames marked as interlaced by NVCUVID will be deinterlaced. If single or double rate deinterlacing is enabled and this option is not checked, then all frames will be deinterlaced.

Last edited by an3k; 11th January 2010 at 08:38.
an3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 13:51   #951  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

I have found a strange interaction between NVTools and RipBot.

I am converting some .mts video, using an avs script to deinterlace and read the format. The avs file goes in the RipBot.

If I use the dgmultidecodenv dll, avs2avi crashes. If I use dgdecodenv.dll+cuvidsrv, everything goes ok and ripbot can make its work.

Any idea?
Old 11th January 2010, 16:15   #952  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormento View Post
If I use the dgmultidecodenv dll, avs2avi crashes. If I use dgdecodenv.dll+cuvidsrv, everything goes ok and ripbot can make its work.

Any idea?
As has been discussed here already, RipBot does not work with DGMultiSource, only as you've found out with DGSource and CUVIDServer.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 16:24   #953  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

HDC beta works only well with DGMulti http://www.64k.it/andres/data/hdconv...rtToX-beta.exe

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
buzzqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 16:34   #954  |  Link
stax76

Did Atak investigate it why it don't work?
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 11:33   #955  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
Did Atak investigate it why it don't work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Ask Neuron2 why avs2avi crashes.
Old 12th January 2010, 12:51   #956  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

@neuron2
DGMultiSource does not like this ...

command line
avs2avi.exe "getinfo.avs" -c null -o n

getinfo.avs
Code:
Import("C:\Users\Dawid\Desktop\script.avs").ConvertToYV12()
WriteFile("E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framecount")
WriteFile("E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framerate")
WriteFile("E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioRate")
WriteFile("E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioChannels")
WriteFile("E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioLength")
WriteFile("E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Width")
WriteFile("E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Height ")
Trim(0,-1)
Is this because of Trim(0,-1) ?
Atak_Snajpera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 14:25   #957  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Is this because of Trim(0,-1) ?
I use Trim(0,-1) to get the height from my avisynth scripts and I haven't experienced any problems. Although my input is always an avs file so I just copy the script and append with writefile.

Code:
COPY "%INPUT_VIDEO%" "%SOURCE_FOLDER%\%SOURCE_FILENAME%-analyze.avs">"%SOURCE_FOLDER%\%SOURCE_FILENAME%-copy.txt"
DEL "%SOURCE_FOLDER%\%SOURCE_FILENAME%-copy.txt"

Echo WriteFile("%SOURCE_FOLDER%\%SOURCE_FILENAME%-height.txt","Height")>>"%SOURCE_FOLDER%\%SOURCE_FILENAME%-analyze.avs"
Echo Trim(0,-1)>>"%SOURCE_FOLDER%\%SOURCE_FILENAME%-analyze.avs"

"%ffmpeg_PATH%" -i "%SOURCE_FOLDER%\%SOURCE_FILENAME%-analyze.avs" 2>"%SOURCE_FOLDER%\%SOURCE_FILENAME%-ffmpeg.txt"

type "%SOURCE_FOLDER%\%SOURCE_FILENAME%-height.txt">"%SOURCE_FOLDER%\%SOURCE_FILENAME%-height.tmp"
set /p    SOURCE_HEIGHT=<"%SOURCE_FOLDER%\%SOURCE_FILENAME%-height.tmp"

DEL "%SOURCE_FOLDER%\%SOURCE_FILENAME%-analyze.avs"
DEL "%SOURCE_FOLDER%\%SOURCE_FILENAME%-ffmpeg.txt"
DEL "%SOURCE_FOLDER%\%SOURCE_FILENAME%-height.txt"
DEL "%SOURCE_FOLDER%\%SOURCE_FILENAME%-height.tmp"

Last edited by rack04; 12th January 2010 at 14:37.
rack04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 16:02   #958  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

@neuron2

I have a feature request: I import several .mts files into DGIndexNV to create a single .dgi to feed media encoding software by avs. Could be very nice to have a chapters.txt created automatically to index the resulting .mkv file, following the single .mts timecodes.

Plus: a strange error. I am working with several .mts files (same source) and one of these gives me "unknown video type - try another video PID". How can I help you to help me?
Old 12th January 2010, 16:25   #959  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormento View Post
Plus: a strange error. I am working with several .mts files (same source) and one of these gives me "unknown video type - try another video PID". How can I help you to help me?
Post a link to a piece of the MTS file that does that. Cut the first 50MB with DGSplit.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 16:49   #960  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Post a link to a piece of the MTS file that does that. Cut the first 50MB with DGSplit.
I have found that it can't correctly find the Video PID. It puts 2 instead of 1011. If I manually put 1011, it works.