Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 1st November 2011, 17:39   #6661  |  Link
travolter

hi!
I have this problem: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=162921

and I wanted to install Lav Filters to check if they can solve it.

Im noticing that Lav filters only install in XPsp2 and upper, and the manual bat installers do not register these .ax files.

Its possible to install them in XPsp1 using some trick? adding and registering some files to system32, install some extra component maybe?

Any help would be appreciated
travolter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 17:48   #6662  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Only XP SP3 is supported, with anything before that you're on your own.
Old 1st November 2011, 17:51   #6663  |  Link
Pat357

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegy View Post
well atm i use lav splitter with the use coreavc as the h.264 decoder when used via dss plus how is this gonna help me ? as i NEED lav splitter to be only set as default for mpeg.ts
even tryed halli as the splitter as it makes the encoded file even worst then the link i posted (not something i would want to archive!)
In Avisynth, DirectshowSource allows you to specify what filters (splitter, video & audio decoder) to use by giving it a .GRF file as input.
First create a .GRF (graphedit, graphstudio) with the filters you like to use.
Feed this graph to DirectshowSource in your .avs script. It looks a bit difficult, but its easy once you've done it.
See http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/DirectShowSource.

Last edited by Pat357; 1st November 2011 at 21:39.
Pat357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 18:16   #6664  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

LAV Filters 0.38
Code:
LAV Splitter
- New subtitle selection options (see release notes or readme)
- Improved handling of languages with more then one ISO 639-2 code (f.ex. German, French, etc)
- Improved seeking to the start of the file
- Added support for VobSubs in MP4
- Added support for MKV nested chapters
- Improved playback of RV40 in MKV
- Improved support of H264 in WTV

LAV Audio
- Fixed a crash with raw audio and SPDIF processing
- Improved support for COOK
- Improved DTS-in-WAV detection

LAV Video
- Fixed a issue that caused MPC-HCs EVR-CP to produce wrong colors when using CUVID decoding
- Support Multi-Threading and CUVID decoding for MPEG-1
- Improve decoder flushing
- Fixed a potential freeze on load and dynamic type changes
- Fixed a freeze on seeking with certain VP8 files
- Added support for UtVideo
- Added support for H264 4:2:2
Download: Installer (both x86/x64) -- Zips: 32-bit & 64-bit

I haven't really changed much over the last few days, and no new complaints came in, so i thought i might as well release this now.
The new subtitle logic is hopefully working properly now, i haven't really gotten any bug reports..

Anyhow, on the topic of the subtitle selection logic, i wrote a page on my page about the different modes, and trying to explain how the advanced mode works.
You can find it here: http://1f0.de/lav-splitter/lav-split...eam-selection/
Suggestions/Ideas on how to improve on the explanations are welcome!

A somewhat important note for people using the programmatic configuration interface of LAV Splitter: It of course had to be changed for the new subtitle options, but i hope it remained ABI compatible. But in any case, you should grab the new header file from the developer_info folder inside the .zip.

Have fun with this version!
Old 1st November 2011, 18:29   #6665  |  Link
fastplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
I haven't really changed much over the last few days, and no new complaints came in, so i thought i might as well release this now.
On my end, the trunk builds were running flawlessly for the last couple of days. Thanks for 0.38!
fastplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 18:53   #6666  |  Link
glorp

Quote:
LAV Filters 0.38
[CODE]Have fun with this version!
Thank you nev. You really deserve a lot of appreciation for all your work.

FWIW, the advanced subtitle config string in the RC version worked fine on every case I tested it with.

Last edited by glorp; 1st November 2011 at 18:55.
glorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 19:47   #6667  |  Link
MasterNobody

nevcairiel
Used ffmpeg library wasn't updated to the latest? Lossless 10-bit 4:4:4 H.264, and lossless 4:2:2 H.264 are still broken.
MasterNobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 20:04   #6668  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

is it possible with the advanced subtitle system to prefer a default subtitle track over a forced title?

e.g. language is english, a complete english subtitle track is default, and there is also an english track for foreign language only, set to forced. what I want is always to load the (full) default track. the forced track should only be loaded automatically when I generally decide to disable all full language tracks (all independent from matching the movie and subtitle track language).

so basically a forced track should only be prefered over an other track when the forced track is also the default track at the same time, or generally matching movie language and subtitle language of another default track is detected.

Last edited by Thunderbolt8; 1st November 2011 at 20:12.
Thunderbolt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 21:22   #6669  |  Link
ruinevil
n00b

Thanks for the new release. I'll try it out when I get back home.

All you need is ordered chapter support for MKV/OGM in the splitter and you will have supplanted FFDshow and Haali for most people.

I'm told ordered chapter support is really hard to implement, though.

Last edited by ruinevil; 1st November 2011 at 23:37. Reason: added ordered
ruinevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 23:38   #6670  |  Link
zerowalker

Ehm, Just wondering, why does LAV got 4:2:2 support, but not FFDshow tryout?
I thought the later was superior and such, and LAV being a little more, The Best In A Box;O?
zerowalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 23:55   #6671  |  Link
ruinevil
n00b

I thought LAV was drawn heavily from libav and made from scratch by nevcairiel, and tryouts was ffmpeg with tons of ancient hacks so stuff works.

Last edited by ruinevil; 2nd November 2011 at 00:10.
Old 2nd November 2011, 02:33   #6672  |  Link
zerowalker

Oh;O
well, maybe;O
I have always thought ffdshow tryouts where like, the ultimate choice, as they update all the time, and has been alive for a very long time;O
But now i am confused if LAV is a better option;O
And i mean as in term of Quality, if there is no difference in quality then ffdshow got some neat features (like resize, wich makes subtitels nice) etc, and i donīt think you can do stuff like that with LAV right?
I am by no means complaining on it;O!
I think itīs very good, and very handy, as it just works;D

But can someone please illuminate the situation for me;D?
zerowalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 03:08   #6673  |  Link
ruinevil
n00b

96b9d1230bb9
Favor NV12 over YV12 output.
Today (10 hours ago)

is this before or after you released 0.38? I have an ATi card, and I'm told ATi sucks at YV12, but other than EVR based renderers, everything prefers YV12 output over NV12 output with LAVfilters.

Last edited by ruinevil; 2nd November 2011 at 05:03. Reason: changed everything
Old 2nd November 2011, 03:40   #6674  |  Link
golagoda

Quote:
LAV Filters 0.38
[...]
Have fun with this version!
Thanks, I'll be sure to test it out, keep up the great work as always.
golagoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 04:59   #6675  |  Link
millercentral

One minor thing:

Your Advanced subtitle description on your website (http://1f0.de/lav-splitter/lav-split...eam-selection/) says to use a semi-colon or space to seperate rules (and uses semi-colons in all the examples), but the readme file says tokens should be seperated with a comma or a space (and uses spaces in all the examples). Do all three seperators work?

[EDIT: my second issue appears to be resolved with 0.38...]

Last edited by millercentral; 2nd November 2011 at 06:09.
millercentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 07:07   #6676  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruinevil View Post
96b9d1230bb9
Favor NV12 over YV12 output.
Today (10 hours ago)

is this before or after you released 0.38? I have an ATi card, and I'm told ATi sucks at YV12, but other than EVR based renderers, everything prefers YV12 output over NV12 output with LAVfilters.
That change was after 0.38.
I don't know what you mean with "everything". EVR/VMR prefer NV12, madVR doesn't care, HaaliVR doesn't support either - so all in all it seems like a solid choice.

ffdshow raw video has some issues with NV12 input, but you can just turn it off in ffdshow. VSFilter doesn't support NV12 at all (iirc), so it will just fall back to YV12.

There shouldn't be any problems, unless you use some bad software that accepts NV12, but doesn't really support it. In that case, you can still just turn it off in LAV Video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millercentral View Post
Your Advanced subtitle description on your website (http://1f0.de/lav-splitter/lav-split...eam-selection/) says to use a semi-colon or space to seperate rules (and uses semi-colons in all the examples), but the readme file says tokens should be seperated with a comma or a space (and uses spaces in all the examples). Do all three seperators work?
Yes, all three work. I was told that space was kinda hard to interpret as a separator, so i changed the guide to use the semicolon, guess i didn't update the readme.
Old 2nd November 2011, 09:20   #6677  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
That change was after 0.38.
I don't know what you mean with "everything". EVR/VMR prefer NV12, madVR doesn't care, HaaliVR doesn't support either - so all in all it seems like a solid choice.

ffdshow raw video has some issues with NV12 input, but you can just turn it off in ffdshow. VSFilter doesn't support NV12 at all (iirc), so it will just fall back to YV12.

There shouldn't be any problems, unless you use some bad software that accepts NV12, but doesn't really support it. In that case, you can still just turn it off in LAV Video.
Agreed. I think the change to output NV12 by priority benefits ATI users who often (depending on driver version?) don't get any DXVA2 deinterlacing with YV12 output. That's a pretty strong argument for NV12. So as long as there's no significant disadvantage (and I'm not aware of any) of prefering NV12 it's the way to go IMHO.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:29   #6678  |  Link
hoborg

I just noticed one problem.
I am using LAV splitter + audio decoder + FFDshow video decoder set to "WMV9" for VC-1 to decode VC-1 videos.
And auto setting for "enable VC-1 timestamp correction" doesnot work, it need to be set as enabled.
I am not sure when i tryed it last time, but "auto" was working OK, and now with .38 it does not.

How to start with Bitcoin
hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:41   #6679  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoborg View Post
I just noticed one problem.
I am using LAV splitter + audio decoder + FFDshow video decoder set to "WMV9" for VC-1 to decode VC-1 videos.
And auto setting for "enable VC-1 timestamp correction" doesnot work, it need to be set as enabled.
I am not sure when i tryed it last time, but "auto" was working OK, and now with .38 it does not.
I don't think "auto" was ever meant to work properly with ffdshow set to wmv9. Auto is tuned for ffdshow with avcodec, which sadly behaves completely different to "wmv9". Because it behaves completely differently based on the selection option, it will only ever work in one mode, and i decided to make that the avcodec mode. Its not going to be fixed.

If you want the MS decoder, use the MS DMO decoder directly, and not through ffdshow.

PS:
Nothing changed regarding those options for quite a while.
Old 2nd November 2011, 12:37   #6680  |  Link
noee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nev
A somewhat important note for people using the programmatic configuration interface of LAV Splitter: It of course had to be changed for the new subtitle options, but i hope it remained ABI compatible. But in any case, you should grab the new header file from the developer_info folder inside the .zip.
Not sure if you've had any feedback yet, but it appears you didn't break anything existing. Thanks.
noee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter