Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 6th December 2002, 03:38   #1  |  Link
doGMan

title picture aspect ration

Hey guys I’m having a problem with my title picture being resized without keeping its original aspect ratio.

I’ve done a search on this topic and found some suggested sizes, but all of them get stretched out and look silly.

Does anyone have a size to use for the title picture that keeps its ratio?

BTW - I’m using cce, keep interlaced, anamorphic (no borders, encoded as 16:9), BicubicResize - Temporal Smoother, (can’t think of anything else that would affect the size?)

Thanks in advance.
doGMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2002, 12:44   #2  |  Link
neopholus

Hi doGMan,

I think, the problem is "anamorphic (no borders, encoded as 16:9)". If you want to play the SVCDs on DVD players, you won't be able to play anamorphic SVCDs. This is true for almost all DVD players. If you only want to play the movies on the computer use DivX (that is only my opinion!).
The correct encoding would be "16:9 (borders added, encoded as 4:3)" for 16:9 movies and "4:3 (No borders, encoded as 4:3)" for 4:3 movies. I think that are also the values chosen automatically by dvd2svcd.

Cheers,

neopholus
neopholus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2002, 17:05   #3  |  Link
markrb
Old fart

Are you saying the whole movie looks funny or just the tittle picture?

If you want to know what DVD2SVCD uses for sizes just open up any of the images in the DVD2SVCD directory.

Mark
Old 9th December 2002, 04:21   #4  |  Link
doGMan

thanks for the info guys, but so far i've still got the problem.

As far as the the image looking funny, its just the title picture, the rest looks great - by the way the program is great, thanks DVD2SVCD!

markrb i also tried using the title picture that comes with DVD2SVCD (240x240 i think), but it also gets stretched wide so it is no longer square. Any ideas?

thanks for your help
doGMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2002, 12:46   #5  |  Link
winxi
Moderator & Mediator

Hello!

Encode the mpeg still yourself with VCDEasy and then choose the *.mpg in DVD2SVCD for the titlepicture. Do the same for change cd and last cd pic.
It takes only a few seconds, and you will get a high quality SVCD MPEG Still with the right aspect ratio.

greets, winxi