Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding

Old 30th December 2001, 15:21   #1  |  Link
corum1234

TMPGEnc 2.50 Batch not working?

Doing some VCD's in batch mode in the 2.50 version and had a few inconsistencies . . .

1. If you use the Wizard, only the first batch entry is correct for choosen template - first one is okay as NTSC VCD, others seem to be added as NTSC MPEG1, which means you have to add in each one via the wizard seperately to keep the right template.
2. Doesn't run batch properly - only first entry in saved list is processed - as I wasn't watching the PC when it finished, I can not say what happens, only that on checking the PC, TMPGEnc isn't running.

Encoding seems quicker, and quality is fine. PC is just a "spare" one I use just for VCD work, so its only a Athlon 850 with 256Mb RAM, but seems to be quicker at encoding that previous versions - average 22 minute episode type source is taking (with options below) around 2 hours 20 minutes.

BTW, encoding source was VFAPI psuedo AVI file from DVD2AVI d2v file, and source sound was AC3 file from DVD2AVI. Encoding motion was set to highest quality (very slow), and Inverse Telecine was set to automatic via encoding to 24fps.

Has anyone else seen any problem with batch encoding - I use this alot as I create a load of source files (say 10 to 20 episodes at a time), and then just leave it running...

Cheers

Corum
corum1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2002, 17:28   #2  |  Link
corum1234

An update on this...

Did a batch encoding of some PAL stuff and that worked fine (6 items in the batch, all processed fine).

Went back and tried a batch of 2 NTSC, and they still fail. The only real difference is that on the NTSC I'm applying a filter (inverse telecine), whereas with PAL I'm not applying any filters.

However, the machine I'm testing on has had lots of different software, codecs, filters, etc installed, so I'm going to do a fresh XP install and just install TMPGEnc 2.50 and the assocaited VFAPI files, then try again....
corum1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2002, 13:49   #3  |  Link
sommersby

You are not the only one experiencing problems batch encoding using the newest version of tmpenc, quite a few posts at vcdhelp.com. I have gone back to useing the previous version with no problems, there is diffenatly a bug in the newest version when batch encoding. Plus, I find the wizard more of an anoyance than a help and can't find a way to turn it off....lol
sommersby is offline   Reply With Quote