Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th December 2005, 06:57   #11  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

Quote:
Ebobtron,
Many thanks for your works. At last i try it.
But i will report bug report and suggestions. Did you really ask it
It is very nice when someone likes your work. We get a better program when they don’t. I will not alway agree but I listen.
Quote:
1. severe bug: I can not use two or more trims - some "unexpected characters" apeears instead of "+" at end of script: t01 + t02
Please, anybody confirm it. (may be it is for Russian codepage only ?)
Everything in FilmCutter is “ASCII”, “+” = 0x2B.
Code:
if(spliceType == 1)
   sprintf(spliceChar,"+");

if(spliceType == 2)
   sprintf(spliceChar,"++");

Then later in the process:

while(t < i)
  {
     sprintf(bb,"%st%02i",spliceChar,t);
     lstrcat(aa,bb);
     t++;
  }
ofile << aa;

Should I use:
sprintf(spliceChar,"%c%c",43,43);
Quote:
2. small bug: If I use loadplugin("filter.dll") instead of loadplugin("c:\plugindir\filter.dll"), script failed. You must use default dir, where script.avs is placed, but not filmcutter itself.
I can see where that is a problem “windat.avs” needs to reside in the source script directory. By having “windat.avs” in FilmCutter’s directory I don’t have to delete it and I have a backup of the last script loaded prior to any crash. An oversight by me otherwise. Can fix and I’ll rename it to fctemp.avs so you know where it came from. Intended to put a header in the file also.
Quote:
3.semi-bug: Where are windows controls ? Why i may not move filmcutter window ?
Because I am Lazy, I killed the title bar and killed the automated move from windows. I am sure that I can write something that allows you to click on the main window frame and drag it around, I just have not done it. I gave you a minimize selection in the menus, what more do you need. I might be lazy, but I can drag the edges around. I will add it to the list.
Quote:
4. Avisynth function selection in Script window is nice. But how i can exit it without selection (cancel selection)?
4.1 IMHO, use it as simple name and parameters reminder window will be quite fine.
It may be not obligatory to select from list and put to script something. It may be done by hand too.
This one I did not miss. Just did not tell you about it. Menu select to show list / menu select to hide list. Ctrl+Tab to show list / Ctrl+Tab to hide list. Guess I can hide it with the escape key too. As for 4.1, I have a thought about having a “save last used parameters” option, could be useful.
Quote:
5. View select switching is a little complex. Why not place it directly on list (without tree)? Faster switching.
Did that mostly for organization instead of “Script Editor Window View”, it seem to make a little more sense. Been thinking about short cut keys but can not decide which to use. Any ideas.
Quote:
6. Preview window is very fast! It is very good (unlike AVSEDIT). 4:3 and 16:9 aspect is good idea. But it is missed the MAIN feature: direct AS IS output without any resising, (scale 1:1), pixel by pixel, precise view. And it must be default option! Probably, window resizing by mouse is bad idea (IMHO). It is very hard return to 1:1 scale later.
7.1 IMHO, preview window must start with stopped (paused) frame (not playing).
7.2. It will be very good, if after switching and editing in script window, the Preview was returned to not to start frame, but to same last frame. Filmcutter must remember this position. It is very useful virtualdubMod F5 feature (and to tune avisynth script parameters (like filter strength).
7.3. IMHO, previe window must not be closed after switching to script window, for easy contral above filtering changes.
I have begun the rewrite of all of this, that you list above, I think you will like. I have kind of had my head in the function list and param help dialog. When done you will be able to select from a list of preview options that should set F5 on it’s ear.
Quote:
8. I still want 2 frame window (aka timeline) in Video editor view. So we can see exact trim position (see both frame before trim and frame after trim).
See above, all part of the same functions except for the additional video windows, which should nest in nicely.
Quote:
Best regards!
I like to see othe opinions too. By the way , thanks for source code of your program.
Yes, yes more opinions please..... and..... Your welcome, just return it when your done.
Quote:
In addition I see interesting info about VirtualDub and reopen badly edited scripts
http://forums.virtualdub.org/index....T&f=15&t=11178&
I have dropped phaeron‘s post for brevity. Not sure what your trying to tell me about, a way of dealing with bad edits or multiple instances of avisynth.dll causing a memory problem, both issues are in my head, we will see. The no video or audio only script issue FilmCutter has is my fault and will be fixed in the next release. Probably will not play but should not terminate the program at warp 10.
for spending the time with FilmCutter
Ebobtron
Ebobtron is offline   Reply With Quote