Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Closed Thread

Old 1st September 2007, 20:16   #1  |  Link

DGMPGDec 1.5.3 Final

* Pop-up warning message boxes are now suppressed for CLI operation.

* PSIP PID detection has been added.

* PIDs are now displayed in decimal as well as hexadecimal.

* A new option, Looped Playback, was added. When the end of the timeline is reached during a Play or Preview operation, playback is automatically restarted at the beginning of the timeline.

* A bug was fixed in the transport packet length detection code. This caused some M2TS streams to be parsed incorrectly.

* The file type .m2t was added to the open dialog.

* Some array sizes were increased to prevent crashes in the debugger.

* The next_start_code() function was enhanced to add error resiliency for abnormal slice terminations.

* Because the code never writes to the DirectDraw surface anymore (removed long ago!), the DirectDraw Overlay option was removed. DGIndex now never seizes the overlay.

* When the Use Full Paths option is turned off, relative paths are used. This allows for the source files to be in a different directory than the D2V file. If they are in the same directory, the behavior is the same as before.

* In CLI mode, if a field order transition is detected, it is silently corrected.

* Fixed two problems with .m2ts files: 1) audio on PRIVATE_STREAM_1 was not processed correctly, and 2) video demuxing was broken.

* Fixed a problem that resulted in an abort of processing with the message box popup "Force film mode is not supported with frame repeats".

* Removed the limitation that the AVS and D2V files must be in the same directory when the Use Full Paths option is disabled. Thanks to Rainy for showing the way.

* Added checks for extra robustness against emulated audio start codes for MPEG audio in program streams. This fixes some known streams with emulated audio start codes.

* The infamous GOP warning popup has been removed. The D2V Parse log now shows the open/closed status of the GOPs, so if you need to know if your opening GOP is open, look there.

* The Info dialog position is no longer pegged to the main DGIndex window. It can be independently positioned and its position is saved and restored via the INI file. Also, its font size has been decreased and all the group boxes are now arranged vertically.

* An option was added to control how HD videos are displayed. You can now shrink by half (the previous behavior) or you can view any quadrant of the video. This allows the interlace structure of HD videos to be inspected.

* Fixed a problem that caused DGIndex to miss some audio streams. For example, if AC3 substream 0x80 was present, and MPA stream 0xC0 was present, both would be viewed as Track 1, and only the first one encountered would be detected. The concept of track number is removed (as it is a DVD-specific construct), and it is replaced with the concept of audio id. See the users manual for details.

* For MPEG audio streams, the Info dialog now shows full information: audio id, layer, number of channels, sampling rate, and bitrate. This information is also included in the filename of demuxed MPEG audio streams.

* Whenever the Info dialog is closed, a log file is (optionally) created that contains the same information. This may be invoked by the CLI to silently query the nature of the input file. Please see the users manual for details.

* When a stream does not declare the colorimetry, matrix_coefficients=1 is assumed for HD video and matrix_coefficients=5 is assumed for SD video.

* Fixed a bug that caused automatic PID setting for transport streams to use the last audio stream encountered instead of the first.

* Added an MRU list to the File menu.

* Leading B frames for field structure streams were not counted correctly, causing a possibility to display bad starting frames when serving with DGDecode. Fixed.

* Fixed possible crashes when exiting DGIndex while a play/preview is in progress.

* DGIndex no longer beeps and brings its window to the foreground when a Save Project operation is complete.

* The quants displayed by DGDecode's showQ=true did not match the avg/min/max values displayed for info=1 (the showQ display was not re-ordered for display order). Fixed.

* Only half a screenful of values were shown with showQ=true for field structure streams.

* The funny transparency for the showQ display was fixed.

* The Info display now shows the picture coding type (I/P/B).

* Added a maximum bitrate field to the Info display.

* Demuxed MPEG audio files are now given the extension mp1/mp2/mp3 depending on the audio layer. The old behavior can be enabled via an INI file option (see users manual).

* Transport packet resync and M2TS file detection were made more robust.

* Fixed a bug in the Log Timestamps function, whereby a video DTS value was incorrectly shown as a PTS value.

* Fixed a bug in demuxing of DTS audio from transport streams.

* The aspect ratio field of the Info dialog now shows the raw value of the field as well as the corresponding string.

* The display size from a sequence_display_extension is now shown in the Info dialog. This, together with the change above, allows the sample aspect ratio (SAR) to be inferred, according to the MPEG2 specification.

* A default path for saving BMPs can now be specified.

* Fixed a bug whereby tracks selected for demuxing in the INI file were not actually enabled for demuxing until the track selection dialog was saved. Now they are honored on startup as they should be.

* Fixed the CLI to also parse for the = sign at the end of the options to avoid false option detection. E.g., the substring '-aif' anywhere in a file name would be parsed as an option specification.

* Other miscellaneous CLI parsing bugs fixed.

* When doing a preview via the CLI, the playback speed is set to maximum.

* When a Play/Preview/Save Project Operation begins, the focus is now left on the main window. Previously, it annoyingly moved to the Info window.

* Don't check for field order transitions for streams with only frame repeats.

* Use lowest numbered audio ID to expand __aud__ instead of the first audio stream encountered in the source files.

* Fix parsing with log timestamps enabled.

* Correct handling of default matrix coefficients for hints.

* Add option for beeping and focusing when save project finishes.

* Save BMP is now enabled during play/preview.

* Fix regression in transport stream detection.

* The Full Paths option is now honored for CLI invocation.

* Fixed the audio delay calculation, timestamps dump, and analyze sync tool for streams that do not contain GOP headers.

* The analyze sync tool now prompts for the audio ID instead of a track number.

* Fixed incorrect audio demuxing when demuxing audio only.

* Fixed display of field order for field structure streams.

* Fixed bug: Open file, Save Project, then File -> Open -> OK gives an error messge.

* Fixed bug: Save project with decode AC3 to WAV. Repeat that. Each time the WAV file becomes longer. The size was not reset to zero.

* Fixed a problem that caused some program streams to be detected as transport streams.

* Fixed a problem with video demuxing that sometimes caused an extra partial first GOP to be demuxed at the start of the stream.

* Added mousewheel support.

* Added a -RG option to the CLI (define project range).

http://neuron2.net/dgmpgdec/dgmpgdec153.zip

Last edited by Guest; 28th October 2008 at 01:56.
Old 1st September 2007, 20:32   #2  |  Link
3ngel

It seems to work.

I have two question:

Can you add the ability to recognize DTS-HD MA?
You have an example in the stream i sent to you.

It's possible to add the ability to "Select the Main Movie" from a pool of m2ts (movie spread in different m2ts)?

Thanks
Old 2nd September 2007, 13:38   #3  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Could you add a switch to close DGIndex automatically in case of error?
Old 2nd September 2007, 13:57   #4  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Could you add a switch to close DGIndex automatically in case of error?
i disagree. Rarely and only caused by users are error of DGIndex.

If something goes wrong is most probably due to input file tipe/wrong command line.. and for me is better to inform the user of the error.

I would prefer, about
Quote:
Pop-up warning message boxes are now suppressed for CLI operation.
that in case of "Field Order Transition Detected" error that dgindex (with an option of command line) fix automatically the wrong field order

anyway .. for this update!

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
Old 2nd September 2007, 14:07   #5  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

I'm just talking about extra optional switch in CLI not in GUI! It wouldn't be used by default!
Old 2nd September 2007, 14:10   #6  |  Link
ankurs
N00B !

also could it tell the field order of the source itself and accurately.. because also meGUI and GK sometimes are wrong in thier analysis and then it has to be checked and tested manually .. btw thanks for the playback optionn !! sjuperb as usual
Old 2nd September 2007, 14:39   #7  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

i think ill add this version and not 1.4.9 to megui due to this:
Quote:
Old 2nd September 2007, 15:45   #8  |  Link
Terranigma
*Space Reserved*

Oh nice. Thanks for the update.

--
neuron2, could it be a possibility that the iDCT Algorithm, IEEE-1180 reference, was broken or wasn't working properly in the previous (1.49 Final) version, because with this newer version, my custom scripts seems to be decoding at a slower pace, so as a workaround, I have to increase the maximum amount of memory to compensate for the speed loss. Not a big deal, but I am curious to know if there's been some changes made to the algortihms as well that could affect the decoding speed.

Last edited by Terranigma; 2nd September 2007 at 15:58.
Old 2nd September 2007, 16:06   #9  |  Link

Nothing has changed in that regard. Your logic is rather contorted. "My script is running slow, so is the IDCT broken in the old version?" It makes no sense.
Old 2nd September 2007, 16:28   #10  |  Link
Terranigma
*Space Reserved*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Your logic is rather contorted. "My script is running slow, so is the IDCT broken in the old version?" It makes no sense.
Well, I was thinking that maybe you had found something that was faulty with that algorithm and maybe corrected it in the new version; so that's where I was coming from.
Anyways, that's for the reply, my computer was the culprit-It was updating itself while I was previewing my scripts.

Last edited by Terranigma; 2nd September 2007 at 16:30.
Old 3rd September 2007, 08:47   #11  |  Link
G_M_C

Quote:
Here is DGMPGDec 1.5.0 beta 1:

* PSIP PID detection has been added.

* PIDs are now displayed in decimal as well as hexadecimal.

* A new option, Looped Playback, was added. When the end of the timeline is reached during a Play or Preview operation, playback is automatically restarted at the beginning of the timeline.

* A bug was fixed in the transport packet length detection code. This caused some M2TS streams to be parsed incorrectly.

http://neuron2.net/dgmpgdec/dgmpgdec150b1.zip
Good to see you're still updating & improving the MPEG2-tools in your portfolio Neuron2 !

Hopefully you AVC-tools will be of equal high quality

Last edited by G_M_C; 3rd September 2007 at 18:31.
Old 3rd September 2007, 13:09   #12  |  Link
map1742

Nice. Will try this shortly.

I am using HDVsplit and DGMPGDec to process my Sony HC3/HC7 50i movies. In my experience Sony Vegas 7, Cineform Connect and Canopus Procoder all lose fields at the start and end of a file when compared to DGMPGDec.

One feature request: please add ".m2t" as a file extension in the DGindex open file dialog for MPEG and transport stream files. This is the default type for HDV files from HDVsplit and Vegas.

Thanks
Old 3rd September 2007, 20:37   #13  |  Link
Isochroma

Thanks for the PID addition!
Old 4th September 2007, 09:12   #14  |  Link
SpAwN_gUy
Junglist

anything about "relativity" of filepath?

"I like to build planes.... in the air" (c) some ADV.

tutorials
How to Setup agent-based encoding with x264farm (the easy way)
Old 4th September 2007, 13:03   #15  |  Link
krisq

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpAwN_gUy View Post
anything about "relativity" of filepath?
do you mean 'options\use full paths'?
Old 4th September 2007, 13:18   #16  |  Link
SpAwN_gUy
Junglist

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisq View Post
do you mean 'options\use full paths'?
exaclty
as i wrote in here

tutorials
Old 4th September 2007, 22:29   #17  |  Link

Refresh my memory please. What is the specific case that necessitates new path handling? Give me the full paths to the D2V, AVS, and source files in your specific case, and tell me how you think DGIndex should handle it.
Old 5th September 2007, 08:23   #18  |  Link
SpAwN_gUy
Junglist

Quote:
Refresh my memory please. What is the specific case that necessitates new path handling? Give me the full paths to the D2V, AVS, and source files in your specific case, and tell me how you think DGIndex should handle it.
well.. the big part is in the post on the link... and for the rest:

AVS:
Code:
G:\DVDRiP\AFRO\DVD1\AS01\AS01.VD_LS.avs
G:\DVDRiP\AFRO\DVD1\AS01\AS01.d2v
G:\DVDRiP\AFRO\DVD1\01\VTS_02_1.VOB
AVS Internals:
Code:
LoadPlugin("..\filters\DGDecode.dll")
DGDecode_Mpeg2Source("AS01.d2v", info=3)
Crop(2,4,-2,-4)
Lanczos4Resize(864,480)
.d2v internals
Code:
DGIndexProjectFile16
..\01\VTS_02_1.VOB
Stream_Type=1
MPEG_Type=2
iDCT_Algorithm=5
YUVRGB_Scale=1
Luminance_Filter=0,0
Clipping=0,0,0,0
Aspect_Ratio=16:9
Picture_Size=720x480
Field_Operation=0
Frame_Rate=29970 (30000/1001)
Location=0,0,1,209c6

d00 1 0 2048 0 1 1 d2 f3 e0 f1 f2 e3 f0 f1 e2 f3 f0 e1
d00 1 0 411648 0 1 1 d2 f3 e0 f1 f2 e3 f0 f1 e2 f3 f0 e1
aviSynth plugins are in here
Code:
G:\DVDRiP\AFRO\DVD1\filters\DGDecode.dll
and the AVS, d2v, VOBs are also available from the LAN with theese paths
Code:
\\controllerPC\x264farm\
\\controllerPC\x264farm\AFRO\DVD1\AS01\AS01.VD_LS.avs
\\controllerPC\x264farm\AFRO\DVD1\AS01\AS01.d2v
\\controllerPC\x264farm\AFRO\DVD1\01\VTS_02_1.VOB
\\controllerPC\x264farm\AFRO\DVD1\filters\DGDecode.dll
so in this situation evrything is working fine.. video is rendered on anotherPC..

the only thing that in nonautomatic is storing of relative paths in the d2v internals.. there are: Full-paths (with "G:\..") and Just-file-names (just "VTS_02_1.VOB")

tutorials
Old 6th September 2007, 14:16   #19  |  Link

@SpAwN_gUy

Please explain why it is so important to you to have your D2V and AVS files in a location other than the source files. This will be a non-trivial development so it's up to you to justify the feature request.
Old 7th September 2007, 08:26   #20  |  Link
SpAwN_gUy
Junglist

heh.. well.. i'm trying to keep things separate (unlike stuff at home )..
VOBs are usually in the VOB folder, while d2v's and avses - in separate..
AutoGK stores it's temp-files in separate folder,.. meanwhile storing "fullpaths" in d2v..

but the network part is.. for.. x264farm. agen-based encoding over the network (try first tutorial in my signature). agent-based is when avs-internals are decoded and processed on other farmPC's (it gives a huge speedUP, and lowers controllerPC's CPU usage).
so, suddenly i've discovered a way to organize everything, by changing full-paths to relative-paths manually.
Well, offcource, i have in my mind, that i can open VOBs through Network-path (through the ass, actually), and store full-network-paths... but..

tutorials
Closed Thread