Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 14th October 2019, 05:24   #121  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmango View Post
The command line for eac3 (including bitrates, etc...) is exactly the same as for ac3.

This should be an easy fix. (i.ex just replace "ac3" with "eac3" in the command line and add it to the drop down box).

Many thanks.
Ok, just redownload the file and please, provide feedback.

Thanks.
mdalacu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2019, 19:25   #122  |  Link
Bigmango

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdalacu View Post
Ok, just redownload the file and please, provide feedback.

Thanks.
It works great, many thanks. This is the best linux ffmpeg gui

Just a small bug:

After deleting the track names (in the track list), the names are still merged into the mkv (but they were empty in the track list).
Bigmango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2019, 06:19   #123  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
It works great, many thanks. This is the best linux ffmpeg gui

Just a small bug:

After deleting the track names (in the track list), the names are still merged into the mkv (but they were empty in the track list).
Hi, this is a know limitation of my metadata implementation. If title is empty then it skips adding the metadata key value pair altogether, preventing adding an empty field all the time. Otherwise all the output files will have "title=" as metadata... As an workaround try deleting and leave just a space where you want to delete the stream title.
Please tell me if it works for you.
Thanks.

Last edited by mdalacu; 15th October 2019 at 06:32.
Old 15th October 2019, 07:50   #124  |  Link
manolito

Could you add the eac3 audio format to the Windows version also?

Thanks
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2019, 10:28   #125  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
Could you add the eac3 audio format to the Windows version also?

Thanks
manolito
Hi. I have uploaded the modified exe the moment i have uloaded the linux version, just download from the last link for windows.
Is it ok?
EDIT: here it is the link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MMq...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by mdalacu; 15th October 2019 at 10:30. Reason: EDIT: posting the link
Old 15th October 2019, 12:05   #126  |  Link
Bigmango

Quote:
Hi, this is a know limitation of my metadata implementation. If title is empty then it skips adding the metadata key value pair altogether, preventing adding an empty field all the time. Otherwise all the output files will have "title=" as metadata... As an workaround try deleting and leave just a space where you want to delete the stream title.
Please tell me if it works for you.
Thanks.
Yes, I have added an mkv title (in the empty title box that was there - bottom left). So, just to clarify if I understand you correctly, does this mean if I didn't add a title name, it wouldn't write the track names (that were originally there)?

Also, would it be possible for you to add this workaround in the code? (i. ex with something like : if string track.name = null then string track.name =" "

Or, in the mkvmerge title editor, the name tag can be deleted (= the individual tag can be removed, meaning instead of being empty it be completely removed as a tag). I'm sure ffmpeg can also do this.

PS: OK, I'll also test the windows version and report back.
Old 15th October 2019, 12:10   #127  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Hi. I have uploaded the modified exe the moment i have uloaded the linux version, just download from the last link for windows.
Is it ok?
EDIT: here it is the link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MMq...ew?usp=sharing
Thanks, works fine...
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2019, 12:13   #128  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Yes, I have added an mkv title (in the empty title box that was there - bottom left). So, just to clarify if I understand you correctly, does this mean if I didn't add a title name, it wouldn't write the track names (that were originally there)?

Also, would it be possible for you to add this workaround in the code? (i. ex with something like : if string track.name = null then string track.name =" "

Or, in the mkvmerge title editor, the name tag can be deleted (= the individual tag can be removed, meaning instead of being empty it be completely removed as a tag). I'm sure ffmpeg can also do this.

PS: OK, I'll also test the windows version and report back.
No, i was referring about stream tiltles ...the one in the streams section. Ex an audio track name in a movie.
Normally ffmpeg commies the metadata title from the first imput file so , if you write nothing in the title (bottom left) the application will put the filename without an extention. This is the code:
Quote:
if Trim(F_Edt_Title.Text)<>'' then // Title metadata
ffmpeg_Command:=ffmpeg_Command + ' -metadata "title='+F_Edt_Title.Text+'"'
else
ffmpeg_Command:=ffmpeg_Command + ' -metadata "title='+ExtractFileNameOnly(F_Edt_FileName.Text)+'"';
Edit: ... i could try removing Trim...

Last edited by mdalacu; 15th October 2019 at 12:21.
Old 15th October 2019, 12:33   #129  |  Link
Bigmango

Quote:
No, i was referring about stream tiltles ...the one in the streams section. Ex an audio track name in a movie.
Normally ffmpeg commies the metadata title from the first imput file so , if you write nothing in the title (bottom left) the application will put the filename without an extention. This is the code:

Edit: ... i could try removing Trim...
Ahh I see, this is the problem.

Your code means:

If there is a text in the box then write that text.

Else, write the file name. (<- this is the problem).

Yes, I think if you remove this it should fix it.

Also, another small thing :

The output file name is empty by default. Could you make it behave like mkvmerge, so that we don't have to retype the whole thing if we want to keep part of the name? (= "filename (1).mkv").

Thanks.
Old 15th October 2019, 13:21   #130  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Ahh I see, this is the problem.

Your code means:

If there is a text in the box then write that text.

Else, write the file name. (<- this is the problem).

Yes, I think if you remove this it should fix it.

Also, another small thing :

The output file name is empty by default. Could you make it behave like mkvmerge, so that we don't have to retype the whole thing if we want to keep part of the name? (= "filename (1).mkv").

Thanks.
1. I was refering to remove the trim function so if you enter a blank space will set title= ...basically nothing.
2. No, it is by design like this. You have multiple choices.
a.- not to reset settings after adding a job (from Options)
b. - hittinh the button Add job or Run now without entering anything in the filename field. It will opens the save dialog.
When you hit those buttons again for a new job the dialog will open with the last folder and files name...so you can modify it very easily.
Old 15th October 2019, 14:14   #131  |  Link
Bigmango

Quote:
1. I was refering to remove the trim function so if you enter a blank space will set title= ...basically nothing.
OK, I understand that you want to force all of the track names to be = to the filename if the fields are empty.

But can't you make it so that if the box is empty then the track title isn't written?

I.ex : if you want to keep your behavior of writing the filename, you could for example add an option in the settings (so that the user can chose the behavior he wants - I for example prefer it empty or removed. If you force writting the filename I will always have to reopen the files in mkvmergegui to delete the name tags).

(I think this would be better than the "dirty" workaround of requiring the user to add a blank space).

Many thanks.
Old 15th October 2019, 15:41   #132  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
OK, I understand that you want to force all of the track names to be = to the filename if the fields are empty.

But can't you make it so that if the box is empty then the track title isn't written?

I.ex : if you want to keep your behavior of writing the filename, you could for example add an option in the settings (so that the user can chose the behavior he wants - I for example prefer it empty or removed. If you force writting the filename I will always have to reopen the files in mkvmergegui to delete the name tags).

(I think this would be better than the "dirty" workaround of requiring the user to add a blank space).

Many thanks.
I will think about it...the problem is that if i don't do this and leave it empty then ffmpeg will put the title from the first input file regardless.
This was my workaround for this problem.
Old 15th October 2019, 15:58   #133  |  Link
Bigmango

Quote:
I will think about it...the problem is that if i don't do this and leave it empty then ffmpeg will put the title from the first input file regardless.

OK, I see.

myffmpeg on windows does all of this properly, and you can also see/copy the resulting command line.

You could check it out (I'll also look into it if I get the time).

Thanks.
Old 16th October 2019, 06:48   #134  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
OK, I see.

myffmpeg on windows does all of this properly, and you can also see/copy the resulting command line.

You could check it out (I'll also look into it if I get the time).

Thanks.
I have rechecked my code. It actually was working correctly.
Anway, i have added an option in "More.." to drop metadata copied from first source at container level. It is persistent until you close the app. I will not make it persistent when you relaunch the app.
Please test it and tell me if it works for your particularly case.
Re download the linux version.
Thanks.
Old 16th October 2019, 11:40   #135  |  Link
Bigmango

Quote:
the problem is that if i don't do this and leave it empty then ffmpeg will put the title from the first input file regardless.

To make sure I understand you correctly :

Are you telling me that when you send the content of an empty track name input box (-metadata title=""), then ffmpeg will write the title from the first file regardless?

This looks like a bug in your code, because doing this with ffmpeg in the command line is working properly. (title="" and title= ; both work).

How is you code working? Are you sending the global "-map metadata" to send everything over, or using "-metadata" individually for each track/stream? (I'm sure this 2nd option should work properly).

Thanks.
Old 16th October 2019, 12:29   #136  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
To make sure I understand you correctly :

Are you telling me that when you send the content of an empty track name input box (-metadata title=""), then ffmpeg will write the title from the first file regardless?

This looks like a bug in your code, because doing this with ffmpeg in the command line is working properly. (title="" and title= ; both work).

How is you code working? Are you sending the global "-map metadata" to send everything over, or using "-metadata" individually for each track/stream? (I'm sure this 2nd option should work properly).

Thanks.
Did you test the file that i posted today? Is it working correctly for you?
EDIT: Also check the Drop Metadata option from More
Old 20th October 2019, 15:15   #137  |  Link
Bigmango

Quote:
Did you test the file that i posted today? Is it working correctly for you?
EDIT: Also check the Drop Metadata option from More
Yes it's perfect ! Many thanks.

1 more small detail:

In the stream list: please add a column with "output codec".

(this would make make it much more convenient to have a global view so that we don't miss anything, especially when there are many streams. Currently we have to click on each stream to see what is happening).

Thanks !
Old 21st October 2019, 05:32   #138  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Yes it's perfect ! Many thanks.

1 more small detail:

In the stream list: please add a column with "output codec".

(this would make make it much more convenient to have a global view so that we don't miss anything, especially when there are many streams. Currently we have to click on each stream to see what is happening).

Thanks !
I am glad that it is working.
Regarding your request...i will think about it but it will not be on my short list, imho the list is already pretty crowded there.
Old 21st October 2019, 12:05   #139  |  Link
Bigmango

Quote:
I am glad that it is working.
But IMHO, the best option would still be to drop the Metadata by default (as this seems to be needed for it to work with your tool) and write the text in the text boxes for each stream. (this is how mkvmergegui does it).

Quote:

Regarding your request...i will think about it but it will not be on my short list, imho the list is already pretty crowded there.
Or you could also keep only the current codec column and add the output codec there, i. ex like this if dts is converted to ac3 : "dts > ac3".

Thanks.
Old 26th October 2019, 16:28   #140  |  Link
Bigmango

3 more things:

1. It isn't possible to see the output log properly in the queue. (you could perhaps display it on the lower part of the screen when an entry is selected).

2. When running a job, the output log can't be scrolled properly (it always refreshes the output back to the bottom).

3. Please also add the possibility to edit a queue entry (i.ex a button to send it back to the edit screen?)

This app is great!

Thanks!

Tags
ffmpeg, frontend, gui, handbrake, linux