Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 21st December 2011, 22:52   #7761  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX-UltraII View Post
Hi Nevcairiel,

Sorry to bother you again with this LAV D-Box version thing but I would like to know something.

Is it possible that I somehow modify the setup version of LAV filters 'dbox edition' from 0.39 to 0.43 (http://htpcfordbox.over-blog.com/)

I ask this because I need some fixes you brought in 0.41 and 0.42 and the problem is that I can t get in touch anymore with the guy who wrote LAV filters D-Box edition which can be found in the link I mentioned above and he hasnt updated anymore since 0.40.
There is nothing that can be done, because the guy didn't post the changes he did to the filters (which btw violates the license of LAV)
Old 22nd December 2011, 00:05   #7762  |  Link
Paladin77

Again and again. Great work Nev. Smooth playback and random crashes when seeking an mkv seems to be gone. Just one question: I have been reading the madVR thread as well as this thread regarding the choice of media players. I personally couldn't care less what the player looks like (madVR's fullscreen exclusive mode is a godsend). I was wondering which player would you recommend. I read a few pages back that mpc was criticised (what was, is and so far my only choice for a mediaplayer, I use a commercial product for DVDs for now *nudge nudge*). Anyway I was wondering what would be your recommendation for a media player?

Finally I would like to say: MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
GPU: 2X Crossfire AMD RADEON HD 6850.
Paladin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 00:12   #7763  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Meh, its really subjective which player you like. What i really dislike is people that claim "there is only one choice" (and in the same sentence also try to shut down any discussion)

I'm fine with MPC-HC just for simple playback. If you use a real PC for playing (not a couch controlled HTPC), its as simple as you're going to get - but controlling it with a remote control from your couch is annoying.
For my HTPC i'm using now JRiver Media Center, its easily controlled with my Logitech Harmony and natively supports LAV and madVR these days, and once i figured out its library, it lets me do all i want (need some learning time, though, which is why people also seem to prefer XBMC, its library is "automatic", but you sacrifice alot of flexibility with that). Its not free, however.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 22nd December 2011 at 00:18.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 00:21   #7764  |  Link
[ReX]

The Splitter doesn't seem to respect the installer settings.
I disable MKV and MP4 using the installer, but when I go check the Splitter settings, they are still enabled.
[ReX] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 00:39   #7765  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ReX] View Post
The Splitter doesn't seem to respect the installer settings.
I disable MKV and MP4 using the installer, but when I go check the Splitter settings, they are still enabled.
The installer needs a big overhaul anyway, however that specific bug should be fixed for the next version.
Old 22nd December 2011, 08:42   #7766  |  Link
XadoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Sounds like you need a faster PC then. I changed nothing.
It sounds like your PC is barely able to keep up, which means when its still reading the file, it lags the decoders. I already reduced the priority of the file reading thread, but if that doesn't help (which apparently it did at first), then there is nothing to do. It needs to fill its buffers, or some features just won't work properly.
Thx for the fast feedback. Then I have to switch back to haali
XadoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 10:23   #7767  |  Link
mindz

With this new version i get a ReClockHelpder.dll has stopped working error whenever i start an .MKV. Ive reverted back to 0.42 and the error went away. Looks like it has to do with the new version 0.43!
mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 10:30   #7768  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindz View Post
With this new version i get a ReClockHelpder.dll has stopped working error whenever i start an .MKV. Ive reverted back to 0.42 and the error went away. Looks like it has to do with the new version 0.43!
Works just fine here.
Also, i didn't really change anything that changes the external behaviour of the splitter in any way.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 22nd December 2011 at 10:53.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:01   #7769  |  Link
mindz

Quote:
Works just fine here.
Also, i didn't really change anything that changes the external behaviour of the splitter in any way.
Alright, ive uninstalled LAV Filters and ReClock, then reinstalled LAV Filters 0.43 and reinstalled ReClock after, now its working .
mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:02   #7770  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

How odd!
At least its working now.
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:08   #7771  |  Link
DragonQ

mindz, did you restart your machine after updating to 0.43? I didn't (most of the time software says it needs a restart, it's lying) and MediaPortal crashed when trying to play a video file. A reboot fixed it.
DragonQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:41   #7772  |  Link
Paladin77

Well not a very odd behaviour if you have overwritten the files instead of a clean install. Also reclock is known to cause RANDOM issues when a new player/filter is reinstalled (they do recommend reinstalling it in the readme files even).

Nev. Thanks for the prompt reply. I never said one player was good. I have a whole lot of player around here (pot,zoom, etc). I always keep an open mind regarding trying new things but still so far mpc-hc is comfortable as hell which explains why I keep coming back to it

Merry Christmas!
GPU: 2X Crossfire AMD RADEON HD 6850.
Paladin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 00:16   #7773  |  Link
e-t172

Question: I would like to use yadif deinterlacing together with CUVID hardware decoding. Is this possible with LAV Video? It seems that as soon as I select CUVID, LAV Video switches to hardware deinterlacing and there's nothing I can do about it.

Also, bug report: it seems that this video (HDTV recording, TF1HD, France) isn't deinterlaced at all when using CUVID (tested on a GeForce 9400), even with "Force deinterlacing" and "Aggressive deinterlacing" checked. yadif is fine. Is there something you can do about it? What's strange is that the video is deinterlaced properly by the WMC renderer, which AFAIK calls the NVidia deinterlacer, like LAV Video.
e-t172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 00:17   #7774  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-t172 View Post
Question: I would like to use yadif deinterlacing together with CUVID hardware decoding. Is this possible with LAV Video? It seems that as soon as I select CUVID, LAV Video switches to hardware deinterlacing and there's nothing I can do about it.
It should do it when you set the deinterlacer to weave.

I'll look at the other video later.
Old 23rd December 2011, 00:31   #7775  |  Link
e-t172

Quote:
It should do it when you set the deinterlacer to weave.
Doesn't seem to work with the aforementioned video. With yadif enabled and hardware deinterlacing set to "None" the video is not deinterlaced. As soon as switch to software decoding, yadif kicks in and the video is deinterlaced properly.

Last edited by e-t172; 23rd December 2011 at 00:36.
Old 23rd December 2011, 00:37   #7776  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Also, bug report: it seems that this video (HDTV recording, TF1HD, France) isn't deinterlaced at all when using CUVID (tested on a GeForce 9400), even with "Force deinterlacing" and "Aggressive deinterlacing" checked. yadif is fine. Is there something you can do about it? What's strange is that the video is deinterlaced properly by the WMC renderer, which AFAIK calls the NVidia deinterlacer, like LAV Video.
The file seems to deinterlace just fine for me.

Quote:
Doesn't seem to work with the aforementioned video. With yadif enabled and hardware deinterlacing set to "None" the video is not deinterlaced. As soon as switch to software decoding, yadif kicks in and the video is deinterlaced properly.
I just remembered, the NVIDIA decoder outputs NV12, and YADIF doesn't like that as input (and there is no conversion).

Any particular reason for wanting this? :d
Old 23rd December 2011, 00:58   #7777  |  Link
e-t172

Quote:
The file seems to deinterlace just fine for me.
Surprising. I'm wondering if my GeForce 9400 is capable of deinterlacing 1080i content. But then again, it doesn't explain why deinterlacing works with WMC's renderer.

Come to think of it, I think I managed to make CUVID deinterlacing work *once* with this video, but I couldn't reproduce it. Seems like there is some voodoo magic going on here…

Quote:
I just remembered, the NVIDIA decoder outputs NV12, and YADIF doesn't like that as input (and there is no conversion).

Any particular reason for wanting this? :d
Well, I prefer yadif over NVidia's adaptive deinterlacing. IMHO NVidia uses bob way too aggressively. There is very noticeable bobbing on static images, like the score count on a sports game, or still photos presented on live TV. Yadif seems much better at handling the content I'm watching.

Problem is, my HTPC doesn't have a very fast CPU. It can decode HDTV in software, or it can deinterlace it in software, but it can't do both at the same time. So the ideal solution for me would be to decode on the GPU and deinterlace on the CPU using yadif. Hence my request.
Old 23rd December 2011, 06:12   #7778  |  Link
wanezhiling

Hi nev

I remember LAV CUVID decoder has mpeg4 asp support,why LAV Video decoder(CUVID mode) cancel this?

You know UVD3.0 could use wmp12/PotPlayer/tmt5 to decode mpeg4 asp, but I never heard another one(expect LAV CUVID) could do this for nVidia...

So, is there any plan to return the mpeg4 asp support to LAV.

Last edited by wanezhiling; 23rd December 2011 at 06:38.
wanezhiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 10:38   #7779  |  Link
DragonQ

Quote:
Well, I prefer yadif over NVidia's adaptive deinterlacing. IMHO NVidia uses bob way too aggressively. There is very noticeable bobbing on static images, like the score count on a sports game, or still photos presented on live TV. Yadif seems much better at handling the content I'm watching.
Strange, I don't notice any "bob" at all with a GT430 using CUVID and "adaptive" deinterlacing (and I watch a lot of football so I'd have noticed with the time/score graphics).

It is possible that older nVidia cards have worse implementations of adaptive deinterlacing - IIRC AMD cards have "adaptive", "motion adaptive" and "vector adaptive" (getting progressively better) but older/weaker cards can't handle the latter one or two. It's also possible that your card simply can't do adaptive deinterlacing so when you choose it, it just defaults to bob?

Also, this page indicates that newer drivers may break adaptive deinterlacing on your GPU. Have you tried using 182.5 as it suggests there?

Last edited by DragonQ; 23rd December 2011 at 10:44.
DragonQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 23:27   #7780  |  Link
hoborg

Hi.
I have problem with new apple trailers, i cannot play them by any video decoder.
Here is a sample .

Is possible to make it working or it is not supported by FFmpeg?

How to start with Bitcoin
hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter