Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 27th August 2008, 22:04   #4041  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kado View Post
I can't see PGS subs from a ts file I have here, I have even tried to rebuild the bluray and it works in pdvd fine. Can you provide a sample that works for you?
I've a m2ts ripped Blu-ray with PGS and can't see anything either.
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
Old 27th August 2008, 22:19   #4042  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarad View Post
The .zip contains .srt files for the first Blu-ray disc of utawarerumono
Not allowed to post that. Attachment deleted.
Old 27th August 2008, 22:39   #4043  |  Link
Kado
Otaku

Another thing, if you open various files sequentially (I tried with 720p videos) the memory usage will grow quite a lot!
I opened the same video 16 times and the memory usage went from 160MB to 1GB! Eventually the playback may not remain smooth.
[EDIT]Memory usage stopped growing at 1.3GB even if I kept opening videos although I still had 700MB of system memory free.[/EDIT]

Vista x86 SP1 + 9800GTX 177.89 + MPC HC rev757 + 3GB system memory

Last edited by Kado; 27th August 2008 at 22:47. Reason: Memory usage update
Old 28th August 2008, 02:27   #4044  |  Link
Rectal Prolapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimir666 View Post
Ok found, same function with different coefs : http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Color_conversions
That's great casimir! I forgotten where I found the formula from - good to know you found it instead.
Old 28th August 2008, 18:47   #4045  |  Link
skyfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfighter View Post
I found the tab of buffering which was originally 3,I inreased it to 10 but nothing happened, the problem exists. I noticed, when I enable VMR9 mixer mode, video sometimes slow downs. Any suggestion?
May someone help me please?
Old 28th August 2008, 19:41   #4046  |  Link
ranpha

Quote:
May someone help me please?
Try using 2D surfaces/regular offscreen plain surface instead of 3D surfaces. Go to your card Direct3D settings and set all quality settings to the minimum.
Old 28th August 2008, 20:09   #4047  |  Link
skyfighter

I did, unfortunately same again. Can it be possible from slow Harddisk? I use a 80 Gb 7200 rpm Samsung harddisk. It is strange because when I select "system default", everything is okay.
Old 29th August 2008, 06:31   #4048  |  Link
IanD

Playing back an X.264 video clip that is supposed to be dxva compatible, with MPC-HC 664, I get DXVA acceleration; however, using MPC-HC 754 DXVA is not used.

Also, playing back an mkv extract from one of the Star Trek TOS1 HD-DVD episodes with MPC-HC 664, whilst I get DXVA acceleration, the picture jerks and pixellates periodically every 1.5 seconds; with MPC-HC 754 playback is completely smooth but at the cost of high CPU.

Is MPC-HC 754 detecting a DXVA anomally in the mkv and correctly dropping back to no-DXVA mode, or is it just broken for H.264 at the moment?

Using Nvidia 177.92 with 8600GT under XP SP2.
Old 29th August 2008, 07:30   #4049  |  Link
ranpha

Quote:
I did, unfortunately same again. Can it be possible from slow Harddisk? I use a 80 Gb 7200 rpm Samsung harddisk. It is strange because when I select "system default", everything is okay.
Then next you should try using VMR7 renderless, or install .NET 3 Framework and use EVR custom presenter.
Old 29th August 2008, 07:32   #4050  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanD View Post

Is MPC-HC 754 detecting a DXVA anomally in the mkv and correctly dropping back to no-DXVA mode, or is it just broken for H.264 at the moment?
Yes - MPC-HC 754 detecting a DXVA anomally in the mkv and correctly dropping back to no-DXVA mode.
Old 29th August 2008, 08:16   #4051  |  Link
Joniii

For some reason I can't get smooth playpack in Vista x64 with MKV and M2TS. I get slight stuttering and/or audio & video is completely out of synch. All works fine in Vista x86.(MatroskaSplitter.ax, MpaDecFilter.ax, MPCVideoDec.ax, MpegSplitter.ax)

Windows 10 Pro 2004 with Media Center, 2 x DVB-C with cable cards
MPC-HC (madVR, LAV Filters, XySubFilter)
Sony Bravia 85X950H/85XH95
Yamaha RX-V685
Yamaha Piano Black NS-777/555/C444/YST-SW315
Old 29th August 2008, 11:46   #4052  |  Link
littleD

Hi everyone,
Is there any chance to add option to MPC HC or DirectVobSub to auto load subtitles that do not match video name? MPC is my favourite player, anyway almost all modern ones have this feature already. Choosing subt manually isnt nice, especially dealing with many subdirectories . Working with non vmr7/9 renderer is also nice reason for that option I dont use ffdshow as it sometimes cause desychronization
Old 29th August 2008, 13:25   #4053  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleD View Post
Hi everyone,
Is there any chance to add option to MPC HC or DirectVobSub to auto load subtitles that do not match video name? MPC is my favourite player, anyway almost all modern ones have this feature already. Choosing subt manually isnt nice, especially dealing with many subdirectories . Working with non vmr7/9 renderer is also nice reason for that option I dont use ffdshow as it sometimes cause desychronization
That will never happen. I don't want MPC/VSFilter to load (or even just list) unrelated subtitles. If you are too retarded to properly name and organize your subtitle files, that is your problem.
Old 30th August 2008, 01:43   #4054  |  Link
IanD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksoid1978 View Post
Yes - MPC-HC 754 detecting a DXVA anomally in the mkv and correctly dropping back to no-DXVA mode.
This doesn't explain why the other X.264 clip plays back perfectly in MPC-HC 664 with DXVA acceleration, whereas 754 drops back to non-DXVA mode.

Unfortunately I don't have any other valid H.264/X.264 mkv clips to test MPC-HC 754 with to see if it truly works, rather than being overly sensitive to anomalies.

Would it be possible to add an option to force MPC-HC to decode with DXVA, even if it detects anomalies (at the user's risk)?
Old 30th August 2008, 02:08   #4055  |  Link
Delerue

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
That will never happen. I don't want MPC/VSFilter to load (or even just list) unrelated subtitles. If you are too retarded to properly name and organize your subtitle files, that is your problem.
Hey, you don't need to be that rude. His question isn't that bad. The idea to list in the subtitle menu all the subtitles in the folder is great. Or we can think in a better sintax, like 'moviefilename_XX', where XX is the language abbreviation, like US, BR, DE, etc. I think that sometimes is fine to have multi-language subtitles listed in your player, just like a DVD disc.

Last edited by Delerue; 30th August 2008 at 03:39.
Old 30th August 2008, 03:05   #4056  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerue View Post
Hey, you don't need to be that rude. His question isn't that bad. The idea to list in the subtitle menu all the subtitles in the folder is great. Or we can think in a better sintax, like 'moviefilename_XX', where XX is the language abbreviation, like US, BR, DE, etc. I think that sometime is fine to have multi-language subtitles listed in your player, just like a DVD disc.
The latter is already implemented:
movie.avi
movie.eng.srt
movie.ger.srt

Now both subtitles are loaded and can be chosen from the subtitle menu.
Old 30th August 2008, 03:42   #4057  |  Link
Delerue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
movie.avi
movie.eng.srt
movie.ger.srt

Hmmm... You're right. I didn't know that. Maybe littleD didn't know either.

Thanks

Last edited by Delerue; 30th August 2008 at 06:38.
Old 30th August 2008, 06:43   #4058  |  Link
marc99

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanD View Post
This doesn't explain why the other X.264 clip plays back perfectly in MPC-HC 664 with DXVA acceleration, whereas 754 drops back to non-DXVA mode.

Unfortunately I don't have any other valid H.264/X.264 mkv clips to test MPC-HC 754 with to see if it truly works, rather than being overly sensitive to anomalies.

Would it be possible to add an option to force MPC-HC to decode with DXVA, even if it detects anomalies (at the user's risk)?
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...05#post1167905
Old 30th August 2008, 08:41   #4059  |  Link
littleD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
movie.avi
movie.eng.srt
movie.ger.srt

Yep, this indeed make easier handling subtitlies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
That will never happen. I don't want MPC/VSFilter to load (or even just list) unrelated subtitles.
Anyway letting user chose,what suit him is better way IMO . I would really aprreciate that hard programming work

Sorry for my english

Last edited by littleD; 30th August 2008 at 08:58.
Old 30th August 2008, 09:19   #4060  |  Link
3ngel

With the last builds i'm not able to play continously an MPEG2 DVD with the internal Mpeg2 decoder. At some points (random) it freezes no matter what (it seems the same problem with the xvid standalone decoder). It seems doesn't show the problem with the ffdshow mpeg2 decoder.
Anyone has this issue?
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc