Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 12th February 2004, 06:42   #1  |  Link
donny74

new Scenarist error?

Hello all. I was trying to back up The Gladiator and came up with this error. I tried searching for help but this seems to be a unique error and I have no idea how to approach it. Hope someone can help.

Info Creating DVD Files
Info No VTS<VTS_01> Language Tracks found
Info Creating DVD data (VTS Title) VTS#01
Info Preparing to multiplex track VTS_01_PGC_01
Info Creating Multiplexer info
Info Encoding subpicture E:\DoItFast4Uoutput\VTS01\SUBS\VTS_01_VSUB_P1A1-00\VTS_01_VSUB_P1A1-00-ENGLISH.dummy.jpg
Info Multiplexing
Info Multiplexing VOB Main Stream
Error Size of Vob file "E:\DoItFast4Uoutput\mux_data\\Gladiator.scn-VTS_01_PGC_01_t.vob" mismatch. Please contact technical support.
Error MuxFromDB:MuxVTS failed
Error Multiplex failed
Error DVD files could not be created
donny74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2004, 07:48   #2  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

well seems you have to contacts sonic solutions

Try deleting your cahce directory and empty the directory you mux to. Then try compiling again.

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.
influenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2004, 15:56   #3  |  Link
donny74

Thanks for the input but it still gave me the same error. I might just try to do it again with a different CCE version and see what happens. I'm currently using CCE 2.67.00.23. I've also been having problems in DVD2DVD too. I got some error regarding ecl file and "can't open encoder..." etc.
donny74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2004, 13:00   #4  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

i have a quick fix for the error. if you goto the track view of the track with the error. and click on the video (the thumbnail in the video track at the top) Then look to the property browser window below. there will be a box for duration. change that one frame smaller. ( so 00:01:42:04 would become 00:01:42:03) and recompile.. worked for me for 2 errors i had like that on the same dvd
Old 12th April 2004, 20:08   #5  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

Call me crazy but this kind of error is coming up more and more frequently and it can be tracked down a lot of the time to people encoding assets w/ the GOP's closed.

From what I've found (especially w/ angle assets) is that if the GOP assets are closed, Scenarist will complain if Track duration is not a multiple of GOP length.... especially 3.0

I'm sure I'll get flamed on for this but that's what I've found
D3s7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2004, 06:30   #6  |  Link
charpunk

this happened to me a few times in the past. all of the times i got this error, it was due to one of the audio tracks containing errors. i used ac3fix on the .ac3 file of the vob that scenarist was complaining about. after running it on the ac3 track, it compiled fine.
charpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2004, 14:33   #7  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

Good Point....

I've been meaning to talk to eyes about that.. .might not be a bad idea to run all ac3's through delay corrector... - ac3delaycorrector or the new util (sorry can't remember what it's called but it works well) corrects that, so it should only be the 0ms delay ac3's w/ a problem. Running them w/ a 0ms delay will fix the headers though...
D3s7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2004, 18:40   #8  |  Link
Angelus

I have been trying to backup Secret Window and I too was getting the following error message:

Error Size of Vob file "C:\Tony\DVD_Backup\Secret_Window\mux_data\\secret window.scn-VTS01_001_Track_t.vob" mismatch. Please contact technical support.
Error MuxFromDB:MuxVTS failed
Error Multiplex failed
Error DVD files could not be created

I was able to fix it by using DVD2AVI and creating a project file which demuxed the AC3 audio file. I then switched this audio track with the one DIF4U created and it worked. I also had this error for VTS 2 & 4 as well, and did the same thing and it was able to compile. It's wierd because DVD2AVI had the audio stream delay as 0 ms and yet the sizes between the DIF4U version and the DVD2AVI were different sizes.
Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote