Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux

Old 26th April 2002, 00:01   #1  |  Link
Wddragon

how to seperate ac3 audio from an avi

i am using virtual dub and want to create an svcd from the avi file that i have...however, the avi file is encoded with ac3 audio and am not able to seperate the audio from the video so as to load it up in tmpeg...if it is possible to be able to seperate the audio and be able to save it as an uncompressed .wav file, i would be very appreciative if someone would inform me as to how this can be done.

thanks in advance
Wddragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2002, 09:35   #2  |  Link
roy

Simple choose Save WAV and VB will save audio from avi and than change in the name if wav file "wav" to "ac3". That's all. The same you can do with any audio track in avi.
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2002, 19:26   #3  |  Link
Acaila
Retired

@Wddragon:

It would be very much appreciated if next time you searched around the forum a bit before asking a question that has already been asked at least a dozen times.
Acaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2002, 22:02   #4  |  Link
Demi-god

But won't Virtualdub save the ac3 file with WAV headers then? Just a thought.. I once tried to save an ac3 track but I could not play it back in any player I normally use for playing ac3 files.
Demi-god is offline   Reply With Quote