Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 30th November 2008, 15:42   #1  |  Link
MeNTaIPaTleNT

There Will Be Blood - Slight Stuttering

I always use TSMuxer to "Create a Blu Ray Disc" so I can have a backup of the main movie on my hard drive.

I choose the biggest file in the "Stream" folder on the disc and then check just the video and the English audio.

I have used this method for 5 previous movies and they came out fine.

When I try to "Create a Blu Ray Disc" for There Will Be Blood, I get a slight stuttering in the video, but the audio is fine.
Any ideas why this stuttering is happening?

I have also made an entire copy of the disc by ripping it with AnyDVD HD and then tried the usual TSMuxer settings from the .iso (which also did not work).

PS: If I don't check the box to "Convert TRUE-HD to AC3 audio", I won't get any sound after the rip when I play back the movie. If I check this box, it works fine. Why is this?
MeNTaIPaTleNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2008, 17:21   #2  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

I think you should break down that process to its individual steps:
1) rip with the AnyDVD ripper
2) Play the files in a suitable media player to verify that they are alright.
3) Break down the m2ts to its elementary streams using ac3to (from what I have read it's the most reliable.. the ts* tools seem to have their problems every now and then)
4) put the whole thing back together.. perhaps trying another tool than you usually do.
Old 2nd December 2008, 13:47   #3  |  Link
MeNTaIPaTleNT

Thanks, I'll try it with a different program other than the TS tools.

Can someone answer this this question please?
If I don't check the box to "Convert TRUE-HD to AC3 audio", I won't get any sound after the rip when I play back the movie. If I check this box, it works fine. Why is this?
MeNTaIPaTleNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:48   #4  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Did you try with ac3to? It's definitely the most advanced audio tool so I think you should first test how it fares - if it works with or without downconversion you know that your process contains a tool that messes up. And of course you need to be sure that you have the proper filters for your playback software... not every filter works in every software after all.
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:44   #5  |  Link
QuadcoreHD

Create an ISO of the demuxed BD structure with Imgburn. Mount the image with daemon tools. This will resolve the issue guaranteed. Your first step is correct, but trying to play the M2TS directly can sometimes cause issues. Creating an ISO of the BD Structure you created with TSMuxer will, again, resolve the issue. In addition, you can select the TRUE HD or DTS-HD streams initially with TSMuxer, and you will hear sound (assuming your playing through a program such as PowerDVD) when you mount the ISO.

-Q