Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 5th May 2015, 22:36   #1  |  Link
Flyin'Dagger

Blu-ray decrypting on Linux

Hello,

A few weeks ago, I bought a Blu-ray reader/writer for my Ubuntu desktop. As I was told about XBMC running on Linux, I made the mistake believing I could read most of my Blu-rays flawlessly without ripping.

The more I read this forum and other resources, the more it appears there exist means to read Blu-ray on Linux, but no real way to discover the precious keys needed by libaacs.

So please tell me :
1) let aside MakeMKV, this multi-OS shareware that achieve in dumping a disc with v31 media key block, can you confirm that most of guys rippping blu-rays or publishing volume keys here are mostly using Windows software tools ??

2) I would figure out what knowledge is involved to get/discover/crack each different kind of key in AAC decryption process. One of my goals is to understand why there is so few known Device keys. Can you explain it or give specific pointers ? (as of today, none of my search gives satisfying results and this forum seems one of the best information source)

3) How is MakeMKV managing to decrypt Blu-ray ? As it is working on Linux, is there any mean to re-use its results to add a new VK (or any kind of key) in my ProcessingDeviceKeysSimple.txt ?
Flyin'Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote