Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 1st January 2005, 04:50   #101  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

DVD Decrypter gets rid of all the CSS, Macrovision and PUOPs etc.

The RE2 thing has to do with protected sectors and unreferenced material. This also affects Shaun of the Dead.

VobBlanker can get rid of the running man etc, because it is unreferenced material and by default, VobBlanker rather neatly ignores it. (@jsoto - please never change this!!!!).

Once decrypted in DVD Decrypter using the PSL file, run the whole disk with VobBlanker and all the unreffed will be gone.

No problems compressing and burning after that.

Regards and HNY

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.

Last edited by blutach; 1st January 2005 at 04:54.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2005, 17:34   #102  |  Link
sweetness

Quote:
Just to clarify: VobBlanker is able to remove (not edit) the PUOPs in IFOs and even in VOBs. You have two checkboxes in the GUI (default checked) for this.
sorry it's right there in front of my eyes and i knew that too. i must have been worried about other things.

so can vobblanker make dinner for me too?(i'm convinced that photoshop can make breakfast. just need dinner)
Old 1st January 2005, 17:58   #103  |  Link
Wheelie4

Quote:
VobBlanker can get rid of the running man etc, because it is unreferenced material and by default, VobBlanker rather neatly ignores it. (@jsoto - please never change this!!!!).

Once decrypted in DVD Decrypter using the PSL file, run the whole disk with VobBlanker and all the unreffed will be gone.
Ah kewl. I still had the RE2 files I ripped with DVD Decrypter so I just ran them through VobBlanker using all default settings and was able to import them into DRM without getting the bad header warning I had previously gotten in DRM.

Last edited by Wheelie4; 1st January 2005 at 19:11.
Wheelie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2005, 04:43   #104  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

@jsoto

In the Cell List dialog, you have this button.

Say I extracted one PGC to a temp folder. I got VTS_01_001.VOB to VTS_01_018.VOB. I want to extract another PGC to this folder too and append my files so my next starting VOB should be VTS_01_019.VOB. It won't let me do it. I've renamed the file in save dialog but it's dead set to save it as VTS_01_001.VOB and then ask me to overwrite.
Old 7th January 2005, 21:14   #105  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

OK. Seems not difficult. I take it into account for the next version
jsoto
jsoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2005, 22:02   #106  |  Link
2COOL

Quote:
Originally posted by jsoto
OK. Seems not difficult. I take it into account for the next version
TIA
Old 8th January 2005, 08:01   #107  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Great new homepage jsoto. Really nice.

Old 8th January 2005, 10:15   #108  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

Quote:
Originally posted by blutach
Great new homepage jsoto. Really nice.
Thanks, it took me more than a while... I'm not familiar with FrontPage...
jsoto
BTW: No much blue there, eh?
Old 8th January 2005, 12:44   #109  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

That's its one draw back.
Old 10th January 2005, 13:25   #110  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

@jsoto

Can you please explain what the "fix elapsed time replacing cells" is all about. I have read the help file, but am still a bit confused. Should I have it ticked (the help file indicates "it's not really needed") when I cut a PGC?

Regards

Last edited by blutach; 10th January 2005 at 13:32.
Old 10th January 2005, 16:11   #111  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

No, you do not need to tick it when cutting PGCs. It only affects when replacing cells (not PGCs, only individual cells)

I'll try to explain what it means..

AFAIK, a cell must start with Elapsed time counter cleared (zero) in its first Nav pack (first VOBU of the cell). But if you manually cut a cell to start in a VOBU in the middle, you will have a cell with this counter not cleared in its first VOBU. And, if you want to use this cell to replace an existing cell in a PGC, VobBlanker will reset the counter in the first VOBU and will "adjust" this counter(substracting the value taken from the first VOBU) in all VOBUs of the whole cell.

When cutting PGCs, this action is automatically done if needed (when the first part of the cell is deleted), and you cannot disable it in the GUI.

Cell Elapsed time is offset 0x0045 and 0x0413 in the Nav Pack. You can see it with VobEdit.

jsoto
Old 13th January 2005, 11:55   #112  |  Link
CoNS
reMember

In the process of adding custom subtitles to a disc where I want to keep the menu etc., I'm about to use the PGC "Replace" function in VobBlanker.

In the VobBlanker help file it says about the replacement PGC that "cell times (and, as consequence, the chapters) should be the same than the original". Are the cell times for the new PGC imported into the disc along with the new PGC when using the replace function, or are the cell times (and audio delay) from the old PGC kept?

In other words: When I create the new PGC with IfoEdit's DVD author function, is it important that I load the cell times and set the audio delay as it was in the original PGC?
CoNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2005, 13:34   #113  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CoNS
When I create the new PGC with IfoEdit's DVD author function, is it important that I load the cell times and set the audio delay as it was in the original PGC?
Exactly. There are three things to be considered:
A) Use the original Celltimes.txt file (extracted with IFOEdit or pgcDemux)
B) Use the original audio delay. You can correct it in the authoring phase (recommended) or you can correct it in the audio file (adding/cutting audio frames with delaycut, i.e.) and authoring with 0 msec delay.
C) Use the same streams order. If you only want the audio in index 0x82, you have to mux two audios (they can be a very small silence file) to fill 0x80 and 0x81 and put your audio in the third position (0x82). The same apply for subpictures. Small silence audio files can be generated with "silence.exe" and a pseudo-empty sub can be generated with DVDSuptools.

jsoto
Old 13th January 2005, 16:30   #114  |  Link
CoNS
reMember

Ahh, so in the replacement process VobBlanker takes the info from the newly authored PGC and puts it into the original structure, which also holds the same kind of info, and thus it has to match in order to work? Right?

Hmmm, I then may have a problem with my current project: I have a disc with menus and extras that I want to keep when adding custom subs. BUT the original disc doesn't have any subs. So when I mux/author, I have to add a sub stream that wasn't there before...?
Old 13th January 2005, 17:34   #115  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

Quote:
Ahh, so in the replacement process VobBlanker takes the info from the newly authored PGC and puts it into the original structure, which also holds the same kind of info, and thus it has to match in order to work? Right?
More or less. The original is the "master" one. No info is taken from the newly authored PGC, except the Cells allocation in the VOB. The new VOB is read and the VID/CID of each cell is changed to match with the original ones; Cell sector positions and so on are updated in the IFO.

Quote:
Hmmm, I then may have a problem with my current project: I have a disc with menus and extras that I want to keep when adding custom subs. BUT the original disc doesn't have any subs. So when I mux/author, I have to add a sub stream that wasn't there before...?
Yes, you have to manually add the sub info (attributes, etc)in the IFO. VobBlanker will not do it.

jsoto

EDIT: The Replace feature has been designed based on the idea of replacing a PGC with the same one recoded (compressed) with CCE.

Last edited by jsoto; 13th January 2005 at 17:37.
Old 13th January 2005, 18:10   #116  |  Link
Sir Didymus

Quote:
EDIT: The Replace feature has been designed based on the idea of replacing a PGC with the same one recoded (compressed) with CCE.
Yeah, but its relevance and usage is actually much wider I am referring to the possibility of replacing the ORIGINAL AUDIO STREAM, as pointed out by Malcom here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84887

I wonder also if this Replace Feature could be used for reinserting audio and video streams after an Inverse Telecine processing of the original stream... It should work also in case frame count of original and reauthored streams do not match, right ? ...
Sir Didymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2005, 18:40   #117  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

Quote:
It should work also in case frame count of original and reauthored streams do not match, right ? ...
Yes. Frame count is recalculated from the new VOB and updated in the IFO. Even more, the requirement of the same number of cells is with the intention to to keep the chapters in the same place, but you also can replace the PGC with a different number of cells one. Vobblanker will add blank cells to fit the original number of cells or will join the last cells in only one if the new PGC has more cells than the original.

jsoto
Old 13th January 2005, 20:02   #118  |  Link
CoNS
reMember

Quote:
The original is the "master" one. No info is taken from the newly authored PGC, except the Cells allocation in the VOB.
If the "raw" data from the new PGC is taken and put into the original structure, why do I then have to load the cell times and set audio delay when authoring the new replacement PGC?

Quote:
Yes, you have to manually add the sub info (attributes, etc)in the IFO. VobBlanker will not do it.
Ok, I can live with that, it's easy to edit with IfoEdit. As long as I'm sure that VobBlanker doesn't make any errors when encountering a replacement PGC with more streams the original one, so that it's only a matter of "enabling" the new streams in the replaced PGC afterwards.
Old 13th January 2005, 20:24   #119  |  Link
Sir Didymus

Quote:
If the "raw" data from the new PGC is taken and put into the original structure, why do I then have to load the cell times and set audio delay when authoring the new replacement PGC?
It is necessary, otherwise the authoring tool will produce a single big cell instead of exactely the same number of cells of the original structure. If you have chapter menues or other links to the individual cells of the original structure, you need to author a PGC with a similar structure in order for the replacement work in all situations.

Cheers,
SD
Sir Didymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2005, 07:03   #120  |  Link
2COOL

@jsoto

I just did Troy with the default R Change post to precomm (Safely).

Code:
BEFORE

VTST 1 , 4   TTN 4  (0:07)  Title 4 - Chapters: 1,  Programs: 1,  Cells: 1 

********** pre commands:
[00 A1 00 06 00 01 00 10]   1  if ( gprm(6) == 1 ) then { Goto line 16 } 
[71 00 00 07 00 00 00 00]  28  Set gprm(7) =(mov) 0 
********** post commands:
[71 00 00 07 00 00 00 00]   1  Set gprm(7) =(mov) 0 
[61 00 00 08 00 80 00 00]   2  Set gprm(8) =(mov) sprm(0:Preferred menu language) 
[00 A1 00 08 66 72 00 05]   3  if ( gprm(8) == 26226 ("fr") ) then { Goto line 5 } 
[30 05 00 01 00 01 00 00]   4  (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 1 
[30 05 00 01 00 05 00 00]   5  (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 5, Chapter 1 
********** cell commands:

AFTER

********** pre commands:
[00 A1 00 06 00 01 00 10]   1  if ( gprm(6) == 1 ) then { Goto line 16 }
[71 00 00 07 00 00 00 00]  28  Set gprm(7) =(mov) 0 
[71 00 00 07 00 00 00 00]  29  Set gprm(7) =(mov) 0 
[61 00 00 08 00 80 00 00]  30  Set gprm(8) =(mov) sprm(0:Preferred menu language) 
[00 A1 00 08 66 72 00 05]  31  if ( gprm(8) == 26226 ("fr") ) then { Goto line 5 } 
[30 05 00 01 00 01 00 00]  32  (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 1, Chapter 1 
[30 05 00 01 00 05 00 00]  33  (JumpVTS_PTT) Jump to TTN 5, Chapter 1 
********** post commands:
********** cell commands:
Notice the Goto command? It should be...
Code:
[00 A1 00 08 66 72 00 21]  31  if ( gprm(8) == 26226 ("fr") ) then { Goto line 33 }

Last edited by 2COOL; 14th January 2005 at 07:06.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote