Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 4th May 2006, 21:18   #1061  |  Link
stax76

@ricardo.santos

I can't help here, please help the AviSynth team to fix it.

Quote:
Mkv is not an option for me. I am aiming for best compatibility with my standalones. Using Divx' own muxer and renaming to .avi (some older players do not recognize .divx) has been perfectly reliable.
Sure but trying it helps to spot the problem giving me more details about the bug though it might be obvious once I take a look.
Old 4th May 2006, 21:49   #1062  |  Link
ricardo.santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
@ricardo.santos

I can't help here, please help the AviSynth team to fix it.

How? im useless at coding!
Old 5th May 2006, 17:36   #1063  |  Link
stax76

Just report the bug
Old 5th May 2006, 18:17   #1064  |  Link
dvd_maniac

I am encoding TV Mpeg-2 recordings into X264 using the latest Staxrip and I have a question. I usually do not set the resolution until after the compressability check, but I just noticed that the Dos window that does the check has the initial resolution in it. Should I be changing the resolution to my desired resolution before doing the check? Does it in fact check the compressability of the resolution I have it set to?
Old 5th May 2006, 19:19   #1065  |  Link
stax76

The comp. check is mostly to find the resolution, the image size influences the compressibility so you should make a good guess or in your case set the desired image size before doing the comp. check.
Old 5th May 2006, 21:26   #1066  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Just tested StaxRip with a file that has a delay of 570ms. StaxRip then also does not use "o570" to forward the value to DivxMux.
It works here. Whenever a audio source file with file name containing delay is opened StaxRip detects the delay which can be seen in the config dialog of the track. A muxing audio profile signals the muxer to handle delay and the DMF muxer handles it just fine.

Do you have a delay in the config dialog? What is your filename? Obviously the delay in the filename must have format StaxRip knows and obviously if StaxRip don't the format the delay can't be detected and the config dialog shows 0 then for the delay.
Old 6th May 2006, 10:31   #1067  |  Link
Warrex

I encoded the first file with the 4 digit delay and took the command line from the log file. For the second 3 digit delay file I actually only used "Show command line" in the "Divx Container Configuration" dialog.

This is the command line StaxRip wants to process:

"c:\Programme\StaxRip\Applications\DivXMux\DivXMux.exe" -v "C:\Divx-Source\XYZ2\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1_EncoderOutput.avi" -a (Audio -de;01) "C:\Divx-Source\XYZ2\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1 02 de-German 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 570ms.ac3" -o "C:\Divx-Source\XYZ2\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.divx

As you can see the audio file has its delay in the filename.

I use the latest Hotfix of StaxRip...
Old 6th May 2006, 10:55   #1068  |  Link
stax76

Do you have a delay in the config dialog of the track after opening that file? There should be a delay and the command line preview in the muxer dialog should show the delay will be passed to the muxer. I have absolutely no clue what is the problem here.

Edit: I think I know what is the problem, I didn't review the code yet and don't remember much detail but it seems StaxRip won't read the delay for muxing profiles, that's reasonable for muxing profiles since it's better to expect the delay was already fixed while reencoding but it can't be expected for AC3 files so you got to enter it manually, I'll fix it and likely will have to force the reset of all audio related settings another time but that seem to be necesarry very often anyway (e.g. once I add the new Nero encoder).

Last edited by stax76; 6th May 2006 at 11:20.
Old 6th May 2006, 11:11   #1069  |  Link
Warrex

Edit.../Audio Mux Options also shows a delay of zero...

Did not know that you can edit the delay somewhere... So I can at least change it manually. If I do set it manually to 570 StaxRip also puts it (o570) into the command line (Divx Container Configuration dialog).

So for some reason StaxRip fails to get the delay from the filename. What I do is the following:

I open the .d2v file StaxRip has created. StaxRip then automatically loads the .ac3 file without getting the delay from it. As you probably already saw from the naming structure the .ac3 file was also created or rather renamed by StaxRip - not by me.

Edit:
Ah, just saw your edit! Ok, then I will do it manually. I wonder why I did not stumble on this earlier...

Last edited by Warrex; 6th May 2006 at 12:17.
Old 6th May 2006, 11:18   #1070  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
So for some reason StaxRip fails to get the delay from the filename.
See the edited post above.
Old 6th May 2006, 14:29   #1071  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Easier way to change -FO argument?

When opening an MPEG2 file, StaxRip performs a demux operation and then invokes DGindex with a commandline that includes FO=0 (field operation, honor pulldown iirc). I have some odd ts captures that require I use "Force Film" in DGindex (for most others the FO=0 is just fine).

I know how to change this DGindex commandline, but it's kind of a PIA to go-in and change it and then change it back again whenever I need to change the -FO argument.

Wondering stax if you could think about another way to do this. Ok, as I type this I'm thinking myself that I can add another operation type for MPEG2 files and give it a name I can remember--that would be easier than actually editing the command line every time. So I have a decent workaround, but I guess I'll let this post stand--maybe someone else has the same issue as I do w/Field Operation.
Old 6th May 2006, 17:37   #1072  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Wondering stax if you could think about another way to do this.
No sorry I'm clueless about that stuff.
Old 6th May 2006, 21:31   #1073  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
No sorry I'm clueless about that stuff.
Hmmm, maybe I wasn't clear enough. Right now IIUC your program looks at the file suffix e.g. .mpg or .ts to determine how to proceed, and the commands to use. I was just thinking there might be an interim step of some sort on Open i.e. "Which setup do you want to use".

Not a big deal I guess--obviously I'm "thinking out loud" here.
Old 7th May 2006, 02:11   #1074  |  Link
krisq

something is wrong with templates. i've made a one with quicktime import plugin (qtinput "%source_file%") and set it as startup template. when I choose .mov nothing happens, no length, no ar, no source or target path is shown. I mean, it looks like the file is correctly loaded because when I click on 'next' the file gets encoded. it just doesn't show any info about that file. I tried to save template with Directshowsource but exactly the same thing happens. i'm using 0.9.9.2. version 0.9.91 and previous were working fine.

Last edited by krisq; 7th May 2006 at 02:16.
Old 7th May 2006, 09:53   #1075  |  Link
stax76

@laserfan

It might be possible to invoke a script that shows a message box and invokes DGIndex instead of invoking DGIndex directly. There might be other solutions but like I said I'm clueless about the topic so I can't help much. Too make it clearer, I don't help with things I don't understand at least good enough to know what I'm doing is good, I mean field processing when NTSC is involved. Maybe you can send me a sample and tell me how and why you process it with DGndex manually.

@krisq

Please send a sample and needed filters.
Old 7th May 2006, 12:31   #1076  |  Link
krisq

Hi Stax.
These are my settings that doesn't work for me with any file (avi, mov, etc.).
Template is with Directshowsource so I don't have to give you any additional files.
my settings and startup template
If you want more info I'll gladly provide it

Last edited by krisq; 7th May 2006 at 12:36.
Old 7th May 2006, 12:43   #1077  |  Link
stax76

I need a sample clip and quicktime dshow decoding filters. The defaults are supposed to work because MPEG-2 source excepts d2v and if it aint't d2v StaxRip will automatically use DirectShowSource instead (or AVISource if it's AVI), for dshow audio decoding the preparer needs to know the file extension which can be defined in the options.
Old 7th May 2006, 13:19   #1078  |  Link
krisq

Ok, watch it and you'll understand what i'm talking about.
bug.avi 1.2mb
Old 7th May 2006, 15:21   #1079  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
...I don't help with things I don't understand at least good enough to know what I'm doing is good, I mean field processing when NTSC is involved. Maybe you can send me a sample and tell me how and why you process it with DGndex manually...
Hi stax, I hear you. Funny though, I thought *I* was the noobie when it came to invoking DGindex!!!

My (extraordinarily limited and possibly even incorrect) understanding of DGindex is that the -FO=0 argument that StaxRip incorporates (which "honors pulldown flags" in MPEG2 files) is suitable for most material, and that -FO=1 (Force Film i.e. doesn't need or use the pulldown flags to work when film is encoded for video) is a special case. So I found a special case where I have to use -FO=1, at least I can't figure out any other way to get the conversion to work properly otherwise.

But no worries, I will use the workaround I posted earlier for these shows.
Old 7th May 2006, 22:59   #1080  |  Link
mulrich
n00b in trouble

@Warrex:

You know, AVI has always supported DivX streams...why don't you just set container to AVI instead of using that evil DivX container?
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265