Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 28th February 2002, 15:12   #21  |  Link
Jestorius

easy2Bcheesy

Can you make this sequence in Maestro and save it as a NavCommand Table and post it here as a attachment?

Or are you using Scenarist?
Jestorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2002, 15:44   #22  |  Link
Jestorius

easy2Bcheesy

Can you take a look if the Command Sequence is ok? It's a Maestro .nct file.

It isn't a ZIP file, just rename the extention to nct.
Old 28th February 2002, 15:50   #23  |  Link
Jestorius

Ok the attachment doesn't work. Try this:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dvdmae...ode/random.nct
Old 28th February 2002, 15:54   #24  |  Link
Jestorius

It isn't correct after saving and reloading the tabel.
I don't get it.

Jump to movieNumber is always 1.
Old 28th February 2002, 16:02   #25  |  Link
Jestorius

1 Jump To Menu1[#1] if [GPO = 0]
2 RAN GP1 , 8
3 Jump To Movie1[#1]if[GP1 = 1]
3 Jump To Movie2[#1]if[GP1 = 2]
4 Jump To Movie3[#1]if[GP1 = 3]
5 .....
6 .....
7 .....
8 Jump To Movie8[#1]if[GP1 = 8]
Old 5th March 2002, 04:12   #26  |  Link
auenf

or (heres my brain working overtime thinking of it and trying to work it out in maestro at the same time)

setup a menu with 8 x 8 buttons, movies 1-8 from top to bottom, order 1-8 left to right

setup the menu so you pick the order, (look at the shrek dvd for a simpler bit of this) then hit play.

i really should use a pic for this...

Enf...

[edit]

ok, the idea is that you pick one item from each row (like in shrek dvd where you pick one head, one torso and one legs, ie, king head, donkey torso and shrek legs is quite amusing), then when one from each line is selected, you hit play and it plays back in order.

now to actually do this, i guess you'd have to setup a command sequence for each button to set a GPRM value (there is 8 GPRM available right?) for each playback item, and then another command sequence that acts as the play which takes each GPRM in order and plays back the movie that it is refering too.

now if easy understood what i said, hed probably know how to do it too

if your confused, draw it on a piece of paper, then think about it a little.

[/edit]

Last edited by auenf; 5th March 2002 at 04:28.
auenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2002, 09:55   #27  |  Link
Jestorius

Your suggestion is very good, the only problem is the command sequence.

Is anyone here to post a command sequence for this?
Old 5th March 2002, 12:39   #28  |  Link
easy2Bcheesy

Sorry I've been away. And Jestorius, sorry I can't check your file - but just use my original command sequence and you'd be OK. I've recently used this technique myself.

auenf - what a guy! Yes, everything you are suggesting here would be fine and could work with a fairly minor set of command sequences. BUT... you would need 8 menus, one for each row of eight buttons. So you'd select 1-8 for the first row, then move onto the next menu which highlights the second row of eight, and so on. The reason for this is that Maestro can only handle a maximum of 25 buttons per menu, not the 64+ required here.

You would need to breakdown two GPRMs into four 4-bit registers though otherwise ALL eight of your GPRMs would be used up on this.

It all sounds complicated but so long as you have your Spruce manual and some Maestro experience, you could do this in half an hour with no problems.
easy2Bcheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2002, 12:47   #29  |  Link
Jestorius

Do you start allways with ADD GPRM0?

I made a few test sequence for randomized play and it works.

Auenf's solution is the best one. But how the Command Sequence is looking like?
Old 5th March 2002, 14:57   #30  |  Link
easy2Bcheesy

I've done it here, but it's a lot more complicated than I thought it would be. Still, it's fairly easy - it just needs careful planning and a VERY good knowledge of command sequences.

Jestorius - you really need to read the Spruce manual. Command sequences are the toughest part of Spruce to master. I guess I have a big advantage over you guys in that I actually bought Maestro so I get technical support and the manual.

I would give you the outline here but the finished article needed 20 command sequences to get it working and I just don't have the time or the space... sorry...
Old 5th March 2002, 16:14   #31  |  Link
Jestorius

Actually the Command Sequence section isn't so good explained. I was expecting much more of the Command Sequence explonation after reading it. It isn't so difficult but the manual needs some source of help to get what each commands means.

Did you get any extra documentation to the software? More exemples?
Old 7th March 2002, 01:47   #32  |  Link
auenf

i think you get command sequence samples on the maestro disc.

my example was just me taking the shrek example (4x3) and not thinking about limitations but your right, 65 buttons will be a little bit of a problem, but using a menu for each row would work, a few different ways to make the menus link to each other, and you could even make it act like it was the one menu with lots of menus if you write it nicely.

as for the command sequence for each button, i only know what to do with command sequences as i play with it a little, but i guess you:

Set GPRMx = n
goto menu

that may not be the exact code, but is basically what you need for each button, x and n changes for each.

for the actual play, i dont know what you'd need, i havent thought that far yet...

Enf...
Old 7th March 2002, 09:57   #33  |  Link
Jestorius

Could you post some samples here or other place to have a discution abouth the function it has. Why did you use this and that , how can we make it better or something like that.
Old 7th March 2002, 14:13   #34  |  Link
easy2Bcheesy

You could have one command sequence per row of buttons, thusly:

MOV GP0, SPRM8
DIV GP0, 1024
MOV GP1, GP0
JUMP to ROW2 (row2 being a menu)

GP1 would be the the number of the first movie you go to.

SPRM8 is system register of which button is highlighted. This stays in memory when you jump to the command sequence, so you can read it off, divide it by 1024 to give you a number between 1-8.

The big problem is that all eight GRPMs will be used on the playlist! You need to split up the GPRMs down (right click on command sequences and change the registers). Splitting two GPRMs into four 4-bit registers will do the job just fine - otherwise all your GPRMs will be used up!

The reason it gets more complicated after this is because you need a lot more command sequences, including a counter that increases after each movie ends plus eight more to see where to jump to next. It's all rather complicated to explain here, but it can be done.
Old 8th March 2002, 12:34   #35  |  Link
Jestorius

To make it easyer I gonna make a simple 4 movie selection project.
To be able to make a "playlist" on the fly I make 4 menus with the 4 buttons targeted to movies. On each menu I place a 5. button (next button) targeted to a Command Sequence:

1 MOV GP0, SPRM8 - GP0 get the same value as it is in the SPRM8, each button has a number like 1. - 1024, 2. - 2048 etc.
2 DIV GP0, 1024 - divide the value in GP0 to get a more handy number from 1-4
3 MOV GP1, GP0 - the result number after dividing GP0 takes place in GP1 for menu nr. 1 and it gonna be GP2 for menu nr.2 etc.
4 JUMP TO, MENU2 - Menu2 is the next menu from Menu1

I make the same for all the 4 Menus. The GP number I gonna watch goes from GP1-GP4. The Jump to Menu number goes from Menu2-Menu4.

Each Movie get a next -> Command Sequence setting.
This is for Movie1:

I have to check which movie was playing last. I guess it is only possible if all the 4 movies are in the same PGC or they are just a Chapters in the same movie. If they are chapters than I can check the current playing chapter by checking the SPRM7 and MOVE the value to GPRMx. How can I check the last played chapter or movie?

1 Jump to Movie1 if GP1 = 1
2 Jump to Movie2 if GP1 = 2
3 Jump to Movie3 if GP1 = 3
4 Jump to Movie4 if GP1 = 4

I'm still thinking, more is comming ....
Old 8th March 2002, 15:53   #36  |  Link
Jestorius

In this case my problem is that I have to choose one of the same four videos. If I had 4 groups of videos with 4 videos in each than I could make SmdSeq.:
1 Jump to Movie1 if GP1 = 1
2 Jump to Movie2 if GP1 = 2
3 Jump to Movie3 if GP1 = 3
4 Jump to Movie4 if GP1 = 4

GP1 at the first time, GP2 after playing the first movie, GP3 after 2. video and GP4 after the 3. video has been played.

The end action for all the videos gonna be a CommandSequence. For the last (4.) group the end action is the Jump to Menu1.

The selections has been made before so all the values is in one of GPRMs.

Last edited by Jestorius; 8th March 2002 at 15:55.
Old 13th March 2002, 03:08   #37  |  Link
auenf

there is no need to work out which movie plays last, just create 4 command sequences that looks up the apropriate GPRM and plays the right movie, then create a playlist, and make it play all of the command sequences, that should make it go thru each of the command sequences in order, which will playback the movies in the order selected.

i should really try this as well, would be very good maestro practice (altho i only use Virtuoso at work anyway).

Enf...
Old 22nd August 2002, 11:04   #38  |  Link
Alekstraks

Hi guy's!

I'd like to come back to Jimi's initial problem:
Then pushing the "program" button on Pioneer's (and Sony's in my case) remote, the programming menu just doesn't appear. His problem was with ReelDVD.
My problem is exactly the same, I'm using DVDmaestro.

When the disc is authored using simple drag'n'drop programs:
DVDit, SpruceUp etc. the programming is possible.
The task is same as Jimi's: every time the disc is played, different sequence on 20 clips should be programmed.

Just any ideas?

Regards,
Aleks
Alekstraks is offline   Reply With Quote