Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

View Poll Results: What version do you prefer?
[+] v0.1 1 4.17%
[+] v0.9 0 0%
[+] v1.0 3 12.50%
[+] v1.9 1 4.17%
[+] v2b1 2 8.33%
[+] v2.0 8 33.33%
[+] v2.1 0 0%
[+] v2.2 8 33.33%
[+] v3.0 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 29th November 2012, 08:08   #41  |  Link
fred_gaou

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsw11 View Post
The zip you provide seems to have duplicated files and 7Z hangs trying to unzip. I was able to select individual files so I got it to work. Great SKINS!!

My only question is can you provide details on where to save the skins - ie can I put them in their en folder under skins?

And where do I put the fonts for them to work?

Thanks again!
Just install the fonts on your system if they are no installed yet.

The current zip have no duplicate files and is extracted fine with 7zip according to my test.

Only dsf files are loaded fine by potplayer when placed in skins folder.

do you need more help?

sorry for answer delay
Old 29th November 2012, 19:28   #42  |  Link
bsw11

Your skins are great! The only issue I have is the 2 buttons on the playlist that navigate (scroll) different playlists (top right) are too small. If you compare your skin to the new current default skin you can see the difference. Let me know if you understand what I am trying to say.

I don't know if its possible with POT, but if you could make the scroll wheel move those tabs the same as firefox works than that would be ideal.
Old 29th November 2012, 20:32   #43  |  Link
fred_gaou

Quote:
Your skins are great! The only issue I have is the 2 buttons on the playlist that navigate (scroll) different playlists (top right) are too small. If you compare your skin to the new current default skin you can see the difference. Let me know if you understand what I am trying to say.

I don't know if its possible with POT, but if you could make the scroll wheel move those tabs the same as firefox works than that would be ideal.
Yes I don't like those buttons too. Unfortunately, the scroll wheel can't work on tabs. So I thought about it and as we have to deal with those buttons and the space on their right can be reduced, my purpose was to save space for tabs and avoid them being cut or hidden. If you switch between the default skin and mine, you'll notice that you can see more tabs on mine. In some case, it saves you from having to use the buttons to scroll the tabs since you can just click on the part of the tab you can see. I guess those little buttons are good for people who have just 4 tabs so they will never have to use them. For other people that have more tabs and often switch between them, bigger button are better. But I don't know what solution is better for the majority of users. I need more feedback from users about that to make a decision about buttons size.

The best solution would be potplayer has the same feature as a browser, allowing users to scroll the tabs and sort them by drag and drop. Users can send a feature request to developer by e-mail: ahahlive [at] hanmail.net

Just post here if you do this so we can follow this issue.
Old 3rd December 2012, 11:19   #44  |  Link
Defcon

Thank you again for this incredible skin. It keeps getting better! I'm amazed how you keep adding even more nice features to this.
Old 3rd December 2012, 21:41   #45  |  Link
fred_gaou

Hi,

I just made a little update of the v3.0. see first post.

Video Skin:
just move the subtitle button

Audio skin:
  1. Add background to spectrum
  2. Change the behavior of info display when resizing window
  3. The passive skin seems less empty

I just updated 2 screenshots (the main audio and video skin).
Old 4th December 2012, 21:52   #46  |  Link
bsw11

I sent him an email asking for that and a few other items and he wrote back and said that is not doable within his code set I guess.

He also was not liking my other suggestions which are on the order of what FB2K does with audio files - track number of plays, last play date and a ratings field. Too bad as those would really set this player as the best.
Old 4th December 2012, 23:15   #47  |  Link
fred_gaou

Quote:
I sent him an email asking for that and a few other items and he wrote back and said that is not doable within his code set I guess.

He also was not liking my other suggestions which are on the order of what FB2K does with audio files - track number of plays, last play date and a ratings field. Too bad as those would really set this player as the best.
Thanks for your feedback.

I understand his answer about the audio features you'd like. Potplayer is firstly a powerful video player and secondly a good audio player for a common and quick use. For advanced audio users that have more demanding needs, they will look into a more powerful and dedicated tool such as fooabar2000 which is perfect for that. Sounds logical to me, Potplayer has its own purposes and are different from foobar.

Otherwise, too bad for the tab feature...
Old 5th December 2012, 01:09   #48  |  Link
bsw11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_gaou View Post
Thanks for your feedback.

I understand his answer about the audio features you'd like. Potplayer is firstly a powerful video player and secondly a good audio player for a common and quick use. For advanced audio users that have more demanding needs, they will look into a more powerful and dedicated tool such as fooabar2000 which is perfect for that. Sounds logical to me, Potplayer has its own purposes and are different from foobar.

Otherwise, too bad for the tab feature...
I know those are audio features - but guess what - if you have a HUGE VIDEO library with 10s of thousands of clips that you watch whenever, then tracking that info works exactly the same as audio playback - you want to know if you watched the clip, when, and how many times and be able to rate it. So that when you review a list years later, you have better info on what you might want to watch again. I have been collecting clips since before DSL as I had a T1 at my house. I have a nice separate search function but it is not integrated into the media player - it would really be a great feature.
Old 5th December 2012, 01:12   #49  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

who cares about audio if it can't play gapless, we're not in 1985 anymore...and 16bit winamp/VST plugins processing? huh.
Closed Thread

Tags
english, french, potplayer, skin