Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 3rd April 2004, 22:48   #1  |  Link
Jeff D

I'm drawing a blank on what to do with this mpeg file...

I thought I've done this before, but maybe not.
What I have is two mpeg files that are of the superbowl from this year. The source files are replaytv recordings two files at a total of 10GB. I want to reencode the video to a much smaller size and cut out the commercials.

I was thinking to run the file with mpeg2dec through avisynth, trim the file and pipe the output to an encoder. I created my trim list and now I can't get any further.

I can use dvd2avi to make the two parts into 1, convert mpeg video to d2v for mpeg2dec to use in avisynth. So far so good, the video is fine.

The audio source from the replayTV is mpeg-audio, layer II(if it matters). And this is where the problems come in. The audio has a offset of -109ms (I do care about the sync). I don't know of any way in avisynth to apply an offset to the audio, is there one? More importantly, I can't get MPA file for avisynth to work with.

I guess I could convert the audio to wav and adjust the offset when it's converted (I think I have to add 109ms of silence to the start). But, this seems like a bit much to do while trying to preserve sync on a 3hr recording.

Anyone got any suggestions on what I could do?
Jeff D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2004, 23:35   #2  |  Link
stickboy
AviSynth Enthusiast

Re: I'm drawing a blank on what to do with this mpeg file...

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff D
I don't know of any way in avisynth to apply an offset to the audio, is there one?
AudioDub followed by DelayAudio.
Quote:
More importantly, I can't get MPA file for avisynth to work with.
There's warpenterprises' MPASource plug-in. Myself, I just run it through madplay or Winamp to decode it to a PCM wave file first.
stickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2004, 07:14   #3  |  Link
Jeff D

Thanks stickboy, I forgot about the DelayAudio call. I went ahead and used winamp, but I'll look into the mpeg filter.

I've got a new problem with audio cutting out, I'll post a new thread on that.
Jeff D is offline   Reply With Quote