Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD burning
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11th January 2003, 17:16   #1  |  Link
DL

Could it be heat

Ok this is strange. I had created about 40 backups and after the first 10 and no problems I just went nuts and did 30 more without checking them. My player, which is a Sony, holds 301 discs. When I go to play them some start and play fine others will start after 30-40 seconds of head seeking and others do not start at all. Here is the kicker, if I start the machine and let it run for 10 minutes they all read correctly with no problems. I waited till the next day and started the last disk in the system again and it would not read. After that I progressively went backward checking each disk. After the 4 disks I finally got one that would read. Then I went back to the first disk I tried that did not read and it read and all others read fine. I can only assume there is a heat related problem. Maybe the laser slightly off or something.

Any comments or suggestions would be great.
DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2003, 18:40   #2  |  Link
atreides93

The only thing I can suggest is trying the same disks in another standalone player. Sounds like your dvd changer is bad.
atreides93 is offline   Reply With Quote