Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28th February 2010, 20:17   #7001  |  Link
pacaveli211

Quote:
Originally Posted by james2432 View Post
It would be awesome if I could rip dual audio into an mkv, but it doesn't seem to support it
muxing another audio track in with mkvmerge would only take a couple minutes
pacaveli211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 21:37   #7002  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

@Lighto
probably you don't have test.idx file in the same folder
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 01:38   #7003  |  Link
WildTexasChef

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackinhedz View Post
ok to follow up, the conversion is finished...actually only took 10h:30m:04s !!

The original file size was 19.6 GB, the final size after completion is 3.71 GB

wow, im impressed...didnt take as long as I first thought, and compressed below 5GB! insane.

The file plays fine but I have not given a run though my 50" plasma, but from the looks on my 19" LCD monitor quality seems fine?
That much compression is cool on smaller monitors. You will have to test the quality on your 50". For me the quality sucks when it gets that much compression. Then again you might find it good enough for your needs too.

Nice thing about ripbot.. (Now that I have figured it out better with a little help) you can adjust the quality settings, which also will have a direct effect on the file size too.

TGC/WTC
WildTexasChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 01:50   #7004  |  Link
WildTexasChef

I have done a search. But either I am not searching on the right "keyword" or something because I haven't found much. Now I am just more confused than ever.

So if someone can either help me understand this, or provide a link that will explain it better I would be appreciative.

In the Profile "settings" box that pulls up when you click on the "..." box next to profile You get a box with all sorts of settings to adjust.

So what is: What does it mean?

Deblocking Strength Deblocking Sensitivity

M.E. Algorithm Subpixel Refinement

Macroblock Options of
PSXS, SSXS, I4X4 P4X4 and 8X8DCT

The rest of it I know i need to leave alone except for what is:
Weighten B prediction
Weighten P prediction
AVCHD compatibility
Dadptive Quant.

Thanks

TGC/WTC
WildTexasChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 18:04   #7005  |  Link
fantasmanegro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildTexasChef View Post
I have done a search. But either I am not searching on the right "keyword" or something because I haven't found much. Now I am just more confused than ever.

So if someone can either help me understand this, or provide a link that will explain it better I would be appreciative.

In the Profile "settings" box that pulls up when you click on the "..." box next to profile You get a box with all sorts of settings to adjust.

So what is: What does it mean?

Deblocking Strength Deblocking Sensitivity

M.E. Algorithm Subpixel Refinement

Macroblock Options of
PSXS, SSXS, I4X4 P4X4 and 8X8DCT

The rest of it I know i need to leave alone except for what is:
Weighten B prediction
Weighten P prediction
AVCHD compatibility
Dadptive Quant.

Thanks

TGC/WTC
you can check it on this page

Code:
http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X264_Settings
fantasmanegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 19:15   #7006  |  Link
Abdur Rafi
tpsBB Senior Member

how i install latest x264 version in the RipBot264?
Abdur Rafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 04:59   #7007  |  Link
fantasmanegro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdur Rafi View Post
how i install latest x264 version in the RipBot264?
just overwrite the x264.exe file on RipBot264\Tools\x264 folder, but remember, new release = new changes

good luck!
fantasmanegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 10:16   #7008  |  Link
Shuichiro
LuFFY

Can someone please provide me with a link to a new version of x264 that is working with Ripbot. I have tried JEEB and Komi but Ripbot just stopped after encoding the audio. Thanks for any help.
Shuichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:38   #7009  |  Link
Wishbringer
Silent Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasmanegro View Post
but remember, new release = new changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuichiro View Post
I have tried JEEB and Komi but Ripbot just stopped after encoding the audio.
e.g. --nal-hrd "vbr" in profiles

Komisar builds work if you change profiles. Haven't tested JEEB's, but should work too.

Last edited by Wishbringer; 2nd March 2010 at 11:43.
Wishbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 23:10   #7010  |  Link
Macota

Is there anyway to get around the program check? I want to try ffdshow x64 but it won't allow me. I read that it could be edited in the inf but that has since been removed.

Edit: Or should I just stick with all x86 apps (ffdshow, avisynth, haali media splitter) even though I am on Windows 7 x64?

Thanks

Last edited by Macota; 2nd March 2010 at 23:16.
Macota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 03:59   #7011  |  Link
Shuichiro
LuFFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbringer View Post
e.g. --nal-hrd "vbr" in profiles

Komisar builds work if you change profiles. Haven't tested JEEB's, but should work too.
Thank you for the reply. But now I am unsure if I just should add "vbr" or replace hdr with vbr...? ^^
Shuichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 08:18   #7012  |  Link
Wishbringer
Silent Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuichiro View Post
I am unsure if I just should add "vbr" or replace hdr with vbr...?
Explaination of x264 settings

formerly "--nal-hrd" was only a switch, when not added, no infos were written into stream.
now "--nal-hrd" has two options: "vbr" or "cbr".
so you have to correct old settings of "--nal-hrd" to "--nal-hrd vbr" in profile text file in the profiles folder.
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:29   #7013  |  Link
cwerdna

audio sync problems w/content from NGC HD channel from TiVo HD

From my earlier post at http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...26#post1374626, thanks to Atak for solving my judder problems on one show. There are still unsolved judder problems w/the White House Revealed ep but I'll tackle that later. (I'm on Ripbot264 v1.15.0.)

I'm still using the same workflow (kmttg to transfer shows from Tivo HD to my PC, resulting in decrypted .mpg files) and I'm now trying to archive some 720p content recorded from NGC HD channel, specifically http://channel.nationalgeographic.co.../4541/Overview and http://channel.nationalgeographic.co.../4904/Overview.

I'm again using [HIGH 4.0] profile, 2-pass encoding and locking size to 2230 MB, and selected X.X COPY stream and creating AVCHDs that I burn w/ImgBurn to play on my PS3.

The video looks fine and there's no judder and audio sync seems fine at the beginning. However, if I skip say 20 minutes into the show, there are SERIOUS audio sync problems. It's off by at least 10 seconds at that point and it happens w/both shows.

Now what?

The (1080i) content where Atak solved my problem with was a Star Trek: Enterprise ep recorded from HDNet. It has no commercials and the resulting AVCHD has perfect audio sync, even at the end. They fade out to what would be a break (when it airs elsewhere) and fade in again w/the next act.

The NGC content DOES have commercials. Could there be audio glitches/changeovers during the commercials causing probs?

Does RipBot264 only use the tools that are in its Tools directory or could I be running into DLL hell? The only significant things that I've installed on this machine (running Vista Home Premium) after "installing" Ripbot264 are T2Sami and multiAVCHD.

(I did also add subtitles via .srt files from t2sami and doubt they're causing problems but haven't re-transcoded w/o them yet, as a test.)

Last edited by cwerdna; 3rd March 2010 at 11:08.
cwerdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:21   #7014  |  Link
RipBot264_lover

x264 codec update in RipBot264 !

Hi,

I use RipBot264 for the conversion of my DVD in mkv and I am completely satisfied by the features of this software.

However, I would like to have some precision on the version or the revision of the codec x264 used in the version 1.15.0.

The reason is the following one:

I downloaded the revision 1471 on the site x264.nl then registered the file by reappointing it correctly in the directory, RipBot264/Tools/x264/ then x264_x86.exe.

That does not work!

When I launch an encoding, I have all jobs finished, after few seconds...

Is there a particular procedure to change or update the version of the codec x264 ?

Sorry for my bad English... and thanks for your answers.

Regards,
RipBot264_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:40   #7015  |  Link
Wishbringer
Silent Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipBot264_lover View Post
Hi,
I downloaded the revision 1471 on the site x264.nl then registered the file by reappointing it correctly in the directory, RipBot264/Tools/x264/ then x264_x86.exe.
When I launch an encoding, I have all jobs finished, after few seconds...
First:
x264.nl files don't have nal-hrd patch, they are plain, so if you want to use that revision, you have to remove "--nal-hrd" entry in profiles text files in profiles folder.
But then you can't create AVCHD or Blu-Ray compilant files.

Second:
Download a nal-hrd patched version of x264, see thread here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=130364
Komisar builds are good, others too.
Then read my post two entries before!
You have to change profiles txt files in profiles folder manually.
--nal-hrd switch has changed.

Overall:
Reading the log would point that error out too.
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:01   #7016  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

@cwerdna
If your footage contains commercials then you should remove them using Transport Stream Packet Editor. Make sure you cut at KEY FRAMES!
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:57   #7017  |  Link
stasi

Matroska Splitter

Can we now use the new Matroska Splitter released on 19/12/2009? A few weeks ago Atak said to use the older version (Atak´s post on the first page, but the warning is missing now).
stasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:51   #7018  |  Link
detr0yt

Hello there... first and mostly this prog. is superior! I have a quick ?. I have a i7 water cooled rig thats running at 4.2 ghz flawlessly on windows 7 64 bit. with a ati 4890 as well. My ? is that back 3 months ago my rig was flying through making my back ups.... now it doesnt seem to fly as it use to... im making CQ 18/1080 .mp4 with the base profile of 4.1 and having trellis set to enhanced to stream with my bd 3600 sammy. i was just reading through 2 pages ago. and notice someone saying something about rip bot not using the x264 64 bit? i was understood from my reading that this is a default, or am i wrong? i also may have not used the 4.1 profile nor the enhanced trellis back then... do these two factors really make that much of a differnce? my rips now take 4 1/2 hours when i remember doing them in under 2... or am i just being greedy? I guess basically back then i remember my fps were in the mid to high 20's now there always in 10 or below :-( thanks from Detroit!

Last edited by detr0yt; 3rd March 2010 at 17:55.
detr0yt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:53   #7019  |  Link
cwerdna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
@cwerdna
If your footage contains commercials then you should remove them using Transport Stream Packet Editor. Make sure you cut at KEY FRAMES!
Oh no! Are commercials known to cause problems for x264? I don't personally care that commercials are included in my recordings and am trying to minimize the amount of work needed to archive TV shows I want to keep.
cwerdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:58   #7020  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Oh no! Are commercials known to cause problems for x264?
every .ts file should be prepared in TSPE. Commercials = waste of space and time. Also commercials use 2.0 which means problems.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360