Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 8th July 2019, 04:25   #1  |  Link
context

Can I append 2 different video and audiio streams with different frame rates?

Hi, I recently remuxed an episode from a tv show I own on BluRay, only to discover that they had edited the beginning of the episode to change both the music being played, and even omit a scene in the beginning that was important to the story. I have a file that I captured of the show in it's original unedited state.

My goal is remove the intro channel logo by cutting it out use the first scene from the unedited capture file which was edited out of the BluRay, then use the good video from the remux for the intro credit roll with the audio from the unedited capture with it, then directly after the credit roll switch back to the remuxed source for the rest of the episode.

Is this possible to do without encoding? While I'm not afraid to encode it, I'd rather not degrade the captured source as it's obviously not as good quality as a Remuxed BluRay. What's the best way for me to go about this?

Here are the specs for both files

Edited beginning BluRay Remux file specs: (according to Mediainfo for Mac)

Video: English, 26.0 Mbps, 1920*1080 (16:9), at 23.976 (24000/1001 fps, AVC (NTSC) (High@L4.1) (CABAC / 4 Ref Frames) MPEG-4 AVC Video / 25977 kbps / 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1
Audio: English, 1,670 kbps, 48.0 KHz, 16 bits, 6 channels, DTS XLL (DTS-HD Master Audio) DTS-HD Master Audio / 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1670 kbps / 16-bit
Sub is S_HDMV/PGS

Unedited beginning captured file specs: (according to Mediainfo for Mac)

Video: 8 979 Kbps (10 000 kbps), 1920*1080 (16:9, at 25.000 fps, AVC (High@L4) (CABAC / 4 Ref Frames)
Audio: English, 224 Kbps, 48.0 KHz, 2 channels, E-AC-3 (Dolby Digital Plus)
Sub is SRT

Thanks in advance,
context is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2019, 18:50   #2  |  Link
Stereodude

Not in any way that's going to play back correctly on most hardware.
Stereodude is online now   Reply With Quote