Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 5th March 2018, 14:08   #5961  |  Link
Tiny Mud

MeGUI 2818 Developer crashed upon opening

Haven't used MeGUI for a few weeks but when I did MeGUI 2818 Developer crashed upon opening and I was greeted with this error:

MeGUI encountered a fatal error and may not be able to proceed. Reason: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I checked Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Application and noticed that the crash was a conflict between MeGUI and .NET Framework 4.7.1.
I had resonantly installed a .NET Framework 4.7.1 update KB4054852 through Windows Update.

I uninstalled the KB4054852 update and MeGUI worked fine.

I've used MeGUI Developer for years and love it - This is my 1st real issue with it.

Win7 Ultimate 64-bit

Looks an issue with MeGUI not handling this .NET Framework 4.7.1 update.

Thanks for any info - RON

--------------------------------------
Update: After uninstalling the .NET Framework 4.7.1 update KB4054852, I updated MeGUI to v2827 developer then downloaded
NDP471-KB4054856-x86-x64-AllOS.exe and installed it manually and all is well.

My only guess is that MeGUI v2818 becomes dead in the water if you install the .NET Framework 4.7.1 update KB4054852 before updating
MeGUI to v2827.

So the lessen learned is to update Megui to the latest version before updating .NET Framework ;o)

Last edited by Tiny Mud; 5th March 2018 at 17:12.
Tiny Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 16:21   #5962  |  Link
Barough

FFmpeg v3.4.2 is available
https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
Barough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 23:43   #5963  |  Link
DDoS

How to make a hardsub mp4 using megui?

Hi! Good day! I would like to ask some help if possible on how to make a hardsub video using MeGUI with an MP4 output.

Sources are almost MKV, small chances on MP4.

I think hardsub is the solution for videos I uploaded. The original videos I uploaded has softsub but it won't show on video hosting sites.

I hope you can help me. Thank you!

Best regards,
-Me
DDoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 03:17   #5964  |  Link
hello_hello

If you have the subtitles ready to go, open a source file with the File Indexer, add the job to the queue, switch to the Queue tab and run it. When the indexing is done, the Script Creator should open with a preview. Subtitles are added to a script under the Script Creator's Filters tab.

Or use the OneClick encoder. It'll also batch encode. I assume it can extract any subtitles contained in the source files. I'm not sure about using separate subtitles though (individual srt or ass subtitle files etc). Someone else will probably know.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 10:00   #5965  |  Link
DDoS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
If you have the subtitles ready to go, open a source file with the File Indexer, add the job to the queue, switch to the Queue tab and run it. When the indexing is done, the Script Creator should open with a preview. Subtitles are added to a script under the Script Creator's Filters tab.

Or use the OneClick encoder. It'll also batch encode. I assume it can extract any subtitles contained in the source files. I'm not sure about using separate subtitles though (individual srt or ass subtitle files etc). Someone else will probably know.
Hi! Thank you for your reply. It's still softsub. What I want to know is how to make a hardsub video in MeGUI. Please help.
Old 8th March 2018, 10:10   #5966  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

"Hardsub" means to render the subtitles into the converted video, using AviSynth video filters, so you best look in the "AVS Script Creator" in its "Filters" tab at the bottom.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 15:50   #5967  |  Link
DDoS

AviSynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
"Hardsub" means to render the subtitles into the converted video, using AviSynth video filters, so you best look in the "AVS Script Creator" in its "Filters" tab at the bottom.
Can you teach me step x step?
1st ctrl + r for AVS Script Creator
2nd select source file for video input
after that this prompt, what should I choose?

I am really sorry, I am a newbie in this program. Wanted to learn. Thank you!

Last edited by DDoS; 8th March 2018 at 16:10.
Old 8th March 2018, 21:47   #5968  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoS View Post
Hi! Thank you for your reply. It's still softsub. What I want to know is how to make a hardsub video in MeGUI. Please help.
I realise you want to encode the subtitles, which is why I explained how to encode the subtitles in my previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoS View Post
Can you teach me step x step?
1st ctrl + r for AVS Script Creator
2nd select source file for video input
after that this prompt, what should I choose?

I am really sorry, I am a newbie in this program. Wanted to learn. Thank you!
You'll have to index if you want to modify scripts with the Script Creator or preview each script for adding it to the queue for encoding. The OneClick encoder is designed to make the whole process automatic.
My previous post described one way of doing indexing, step x step. If you open a source file with the File Indexer as I suggested, MeGUI will add the indexing job to the job queue, and from there you can run it by switching to the Queue tab.
I'll confess I didn't include instructions on how to open the File Indexer, because I assumed you knew all the Tools are found under the Tools menu, the File Indexer included.

If you open a source another way, via the File/Open menu for example, or by opening the Script Creator and selecting the source as the video input, MeGUI should offer to open the File Indexer for you, and from there the steps would be much the same as the steps I described in my previous post.

Last edited by hello_hello; 8th March 2018 at 21:53.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 04:53   #5969  |  Link
DDoS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
I realise you want to encode the subtitles, which is why I explained how to encode the subtitles in my previous post.

You'll have to index if you want to modify scripts with the Script Creator or preview each script for adding it to the queue for encoding. The OneClick encoder is designed to make the whole process automatic.
My previous post described one way of doing indexing, step x step. If you open a source file with the File Indexer as I suggested, MeGUI will add the indexing job to the job queue, and from there you can run it by switching to the Queue tab.
I'll confess I didn't include instructions on how to open the File Indexer, because I assumed you knew all the Tools are found under the Tools menu, the File Indexer included.

If you open a source another way, via the File/Open menu for example, or by opening the Script Creator and selecting the source as the video input, MeGUI should offer to open the File Indexer for you, and from there the steps would be much the same as the steps I described in my previous post.
Thank you for the reply. My apologize, I can't understand English well.
Old 10th March 2018, 13:59   #5970  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barough View Post
FFmpeg v3.4.2 is available
https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
Thanks, uploaded (+ Avisynth+, DGindexNV).
Also 2828 has been released as stable build.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2018, 15:14   #5971  |  Link
Barough

MediaInfo v18.03 is released
Old 27th March 2018, 10:44   #5972  |  Link
Zetti

MediaInfo v18.03.1 is released.
Zetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2018, 11:10   #5973  |  Link
Zathor

Thanks to you both, it has been uploaded to the server.
Old 2nd April 2018, 10:49   #5974  |  Link
nurbs

Hi Zathor! Thanks for your great work.

I have a feature request for mp4 muxing:

Can you add an option to use the -ipod switch when you use the muxer. The reason for it is that in my experience DLNA servers usually don't recognise embedded subtitles in the file without it, but they work fine if it is used. Haven't had any negative experiences or incompatibilities using it yet.

An option for -itags 'name' and 'cover' would also be nice, but I suspect that's much more work compared to the benefit.
nurbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2018, 12:17   #5975  |  Link
Barough

MKVToolNix v22.0.0 is released
Old 2nd April 2018, 14:23   #5976  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurbs View Post
I have a feature request for mp4 muxing:

Can you add an option to use the -ipod switch when you use the muxer. The reason for it is that in my experience DLNA servers usually don't recognise embedded subtitles in the file without it, but they work fine if it is used. Haven't had any negative experiences or incompatibilities using it yet.
If you select the device tpye iPod in the muxer the command -ipod is already added to the mp4muxer command line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barough View Post
MKVToolNix v22.0.0 is released
Thanks, uploaded.
Old 2nd April 2018, 15:52   #5977  |  Link
Zathor

Code:
2833 [Video Player]         improved High DPI support
2832 [File Indexer]         show DGIndexIM/NV only if enabled in the settings
     [File Indexer]         enabled "select audio tracks" for DGIndexIM/NV
2831 [Audio Encoder]        x64: improved the downmix functions for 7.1/6.1 to 5.1
2830                        reset view settings once to properly adjust for 2829
2829                        improved High DPI support (e.g. when changing DPI values)
     [HD Streams Extractor] removed the custom "+ Options" column by default and added an option to show it
Old 2nd April 2018, 16:24   #5978  |  Link
nurbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
If you select the device tpye iPod in the muxer the command -ipod is already added to the mp4muxer command line.
I never noticed that dropdown, thanks!
nurbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2018, 16:33   #5979  |  Link
tuanden0

After Update to 2830, I can't use DirectSourceShow even I enable it in setting
https://i.imgur.com/LrWxf4r.png
https://i.imgur.com/F9xiiSo.png

This's video setting:
Quote:
Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4
Format settings : CABAC / 6 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 6 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 24 min 9 s
Bit rate : 1 776 kb/s
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Variable
Frame rate : 23.976 (23976/1000) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.080
Stream size : 306 MiB (93%)
Writing library : x264 core 120 r2120 0c7dab9
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=6 / deblock=1:1:1 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=8 / psy=1 / psy_rd=0.40:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=4 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=1776 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=3552 / vbv_bufsize=8880 / nal_hrd=none / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:0.60
Default : Yes
Forced : No
I want to upgrade my PC to improve perf and encode speed from using meGUI, but I don't know what to chose, ryzen 7 1700 or i7 8700K.
Could someone help me?
Thank.

Last edited by tuanden0; 2nd April 2018 at 16:36.
tuanden0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2018, 18:14   #5980  |  Link
Zathor

As written there "DirectShowSource or AVISource" is not supported. So this file cannot be opened at all with DSS - maybe a splitter or filter is missing.

But you should really use one of the indexing options as DSS may not be frame accurate.