Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 20th June 2010, 09:13   #3641  |  Link
stax76

You can try to enable ProjectX in the settings, it's very good for MPEG-2 DVB sources.
Old 22nd June 2010, 20:56   #3642  |  Link
snippits

Hello,

My first post. Been reading the doom9 forums for years!

Just wanted to thank stax76 for the StaxRip GUI. I love it!

StaxRip is very user friendly, and I hope it stays that way.

Thank you stax76 and also I want to thank the developers of the software that is included with StaxRip.

All of your guys work is very much appreciated.
Old 23rd June 2010, 03:39   #3643  |  Link
Toysrme

I <3 staxrip but Im having a major problem with all of my encodings as of late. Video is sped up 50-100% on every output video & I have no idea why. I tried deleting staxrip + user/program data & templates. Reinstalling with the latest 1.1.6.7, but the same thing happens.
Doesn't matter what the input & output codecs are. Im stumped.
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:44   #3644  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysrme View Post
I <3 staxrip but Im having a major problem with all of my encodings as of late. Video is sped up 50-100% on every output video & I have no idea why. I tried deleting staxrip + user/program data & templates. Reinstalling with the latest 1.1.6.7, but the same thing happens.
Doesn't matter what the input & output codecs are. Im stumped.
Does it occur in other programs? Have you just installed extra avisynth plugins or dll's?
Old 23rd June 2010, 16:48   #3645  |  Link
PopovN

1) Can you add option "use directShowSource for CROP|PREVIEW" ? [DONE]
2) Dont launch ffmsindex.exe if FFmpegSource2 used ? [DONE]
3) Also i'll be glad to see "copy audio and subtitles" button - for muxing them from source on final stage - without demuxing anything during prepearing. [DONE]

Explanation:
I make only mkv files and wanna waste minimum time for prepare source - as all stages will be working after starting a job.

Bug:
Options->Subtitles->"Demux and include subtittles" is checked
Options->Advanced->Audio->"force demux using directshow" is checked
Audio = Just Mux
Container = mkv

But in target file - subtitles are absent.

Last edited by PopovN; 26th June 2010 at 11:09.
Old 25th June 2010, 16:20   #3646  |  Link
Batchman

i can do "just mux" for video and audio and still subtitles from source missing, in some cases

EDIT: add Undetermined to sub languages

Last edited by Batchman; 26th June 2010 at 10:33.
Old 26th June 2010, 10:58   #3647  |  Link
PopovN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batchman View Post
i can do "just mux"
"Just mux" works not good - it s needed demux before preparing project or muxing wav into target.

i make two commands in MKV-container properties under "command line button" :

Code:
Copy Subtittles = --subtitle-tracks 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 -A -D -T -M -B "%source_file%"
Copy Audio = --audio-tracks 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 -S -D -T -M -B "%source_file%"
But i steel finking what this feature mast be in program window - not in container

Also now i make preview and crop on directshow filter bat encode from frame-accurate ffms2-filter - and demuxing nothing before encoding (uncheck "demux" in "tools"->"setting"->"demuxing")
For that you need in "tools"-> "even commands" make command "execute windows script" witch will start before encoding project

Code:
f = "%working_dir%%target_name%.avs"

Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set objFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile(f, 1)

s = objFile.ReadAll
objFile.Close
s1 = Replace(s, "DirectShowSource", "FFVideoSource")
s2 = Replace(s1, ", audio=false", "")
s3 = "LoadPlugin("+Chr(34)+"%application:ffms2%"+Chr(34)+") " + s2

Set objFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile(strFileName, 2)
objFile.WriteLine s3
objFile.Close
It will replace filters correctly only if your directoshowsource looks like
Code:
DirectShowSource("%source_file%", audio=false)
... if not - its very easy to add more strings like "s2 = Replace(s1,"

This feature was tested only on mkv|h264 source - you must test it before use in your "environment" (Dshow decoder, avisynth filters, several sources )

For ffms2 not needed ffmsindex.exe - filter will make index on first launch by himself. But you can launch it automatically in background in "tools"-> "even commands" after source load.

Last edited by PopovN; 26th June 2010 at 14:45.
Old 26th June 2010, 11:34   #3648  |  Link
PopovN

Stax, make, please, separate comands|buttons for demux only audio, video or subtitles - now its only button and for all.
For example i need to demux only subtitles in background on source load.
Old 26th June 2010, 12:31   #3649  |  Link
stax76

I appreciate detailed feedback but at the moment I don't have time to look at it, I hope I can do something for you later.

Right now I'm adding a new feature displaying media info for all files in a folder using a table (ListView with detail view), I need this for myself but maybe somebody else will find it useful too.
Old 26th June 2010, 21:50   #3650  |  Link
Mr. Monte

Does staxrip have the option under audio to boost AAC volume levels when encoding?
I did not see it

THanks
Old 27th June 2010, 12:18   #3651  |  Link
stax76

@snippits

Thanks for the appreciation.

Quote:
EDIT: add Undetermined to sub languages
Which dialog do you mean? It's in the mkv muxing dialog and the options dialog will be 100% TreeView with filter feature to quickly find options, the subtitle languages in this dialog will be defined with text as two letter codes.

@PopovN

I've been working on your requests a bit, what is your source and target format? Changes I've done so far is launching ffmsindex.exe only if the source script starts with FFVideoSource so you could use the C conditional operator and the processing macro in your source filter:

%processing% ? aaa() : bbb()

The processing macro returns false while preparation and true while encoding so you can use different code while preparing and encoding. Do you know what the C conditional operator is? I've also added a new command 'Perform | Set Filter' to modify a existing filter of given category, that is a alternative, also easy solution for your problem. I don't understand however why not use DirectShowSource while processing, frame accuracy should only matter if you are cutting.

I guess your source is mkv, right know it asks to demux video and demuxes everything else automatically, I could add a dialog with checkboxes for video, audio, subtitles and attachments giving a little more control. Ideally there should be a TreeView with checkboxes for each stream but this probably would be ten times more work. Not sure what else you are gonna need for your minimum preparation work-flow since I don't know your exact source and target formats and I've not yet tried something similar but I think it's very interesting.

Last edited by stax76; 27th June 2010 at 12:45.
Old 27th June 2010, 12:53   #3652  |  Link
Batchman

i am thinking that option in template to auto select subtitles based on language, should only work when source has more than one
Old 27th June 2010, 15:29   #3653  |  Link
stax76

You can try following alpha build:

http://www.stax76.bplaced.net/files/..._2010-06-27.7z

1.1.6.1 (unstable alpha 2010-06-27)
  • Fixed aborting audio processing not working
  • Added high DPI awereness, this involved a huge part of the GUI to be modiefied, it's a work in progress and wasn't yet fully tested at standard 96 DPI, until it's fully tested StaxRip remain in unstable alpha state
  • Added option to disable demuxing (Options > Advanced > Misc > Demux...)
  • Added chapter extraction from mkv as xml and detect xml chapters
  • Added feature showing MediaInfo of all files in a folder (Tools > Advanced > Show MediaInfo...)
  • Added new command 'Perform | Set Filter' to replace a existing filter of same category
  • Added filter feature to options dialog to quickly find options, moved all options to tree view
  • Updated MediaInfo to version 0.7.33.0
  • Updated mkvtoolnix to version 4.0.0
  • Updated x264 to revision 1659, changes since 1542 were not addressed, feedback is welcome
Old 27th June 2010, 15:32   #3654  |  Link
PopovN

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
%processing% ? aaa() : bbb()
Thanks for that - its more simply than my script - ill try on next transcoding.

Quote:
I don't understand however why not use DirectShowSource while processing, frame accuracy should only matter if you are cutting.
My encodings from directshowsource - somtimes was not good (i dont know why, and what), but from ffms2 - allways perfect. And now in staxrip i found what was looking for - transcode without demux before preparing + good crop|preview.

Quote:
I guess your source is mkv, ... I could add a dialog with checkboxes for video, audio, subtitles and attachments giving a little more control. Ideally....
my usual source mkv|mp4|avi traget - mkv
now for me idealy button "tools"->"advanced"->"demuxing"->"all subs"
and comand "Perform|demux subtitles" wich will help to do such menu item
when i will change codepage of subtitles from UTF to cp1251 and put near target - through staxrips "Perform|commandline"
Old 27th June 2010, 16:23   #3655  |  Link
PopovN

Bug? in log fuction.

I dont use DGindex - but staxrip tell me about it when i load source with russian letters in path - can you let use such source if all components can work with it? Also in target ... may be it will check-box in "options"->"advanced" with "not let international symbols" by default, and "gray" if dgindex is used?

I try to make work with trancoding more automatically through "event commands" and this list is very uncomfortable for store many commands.
For beginning:
  1. make button "enable|disable" on list-item with icon - now you cant understand witch command will launch - witch not
  2. Put list item in chronological order - if them works on one event it will help, and if command must start on source load it must be on the top but command for encoding - on bottom
  3. If commands criterias cant let it start in this job - it must be "gray"
Old 27th June 2010, 17:46   #3656  |  Link
stax76

Unicode is problematic, it's not only DG stuff but also AviSynth has Unicode issues and that is always used. I take a look at it. Regarding event command please try to describe a little bit better. I might be able to add new features so you won't have to use event commands.
Old 27th June 2010, 17:53   #3657  |  Link
PopovN

Quote:
Unicode is problematic,... AviSynth ...I take a look at it.
i can test experimental build if you will compile it
Quote:
Regarding event command please try to describe a little bit better. I might be able to add new features so you won't have to use event commands.
OK ) but "event commands" its so cute.
Old 27th June 2010, 18:06   #3658  |  Link
stax76

I can't do anything about Unicode other than better warn messages, the AviSynth team is aware of the problems, I don't know if they were able to make any progress meanwhile, you can read about it here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...35#post1374635

Edit:

I improved the warning a bit:

Quote:
Filenames with international (unicode) characters are not supported by AviSynth and several other applications, sorry.

Last edited by stax76; 27th June 2010 at 18:15.
Old 27th June 2010, 18:09   #3659  |  Link
PopovN

About crop:
  1. "Perform | Smart Crop" does not work if "crop" filter is not checked - i think what it must to enable this filter.
  2. Also if "Options"->advanced->image->crop->"auto-crop borders until proper AR is found" is checked & crop filter is checked & resize filter is checked, and i change height of target - smartcrop does not launch. I think what it must work on any target height|width changes
  3. Please put "No crop" into "Perform| No crop", now only 1 posibility to change %crop_left%, etc : "options"-> advanced->image->crop-> values - so long....
  4. Not worked - sorry for time - ill describe it later more well-reasoned
  5. not crop .. but near: if i press "up" button(on keyboard cursor keys) on height of target it decrease - will be logical if it will increase on up and decrease on down (will be more comfortable if smartcrop will work on such changes )

Last edited by PopovN; 27th June 2010 at 19:19.
Old 27th June 2010, 18:33   #3660  |  Link
PopovN

Quote:
I can't do anything about Unicode ... sorry.
Stop - you can to rename files in working dir INSIDE staxrip for other programs and check on international symbols only path of working dir. But in interface use native names for user. And you dont need rename target after muxing - mkvmerge fully support unicode as mp4box i think.

Quote:
about it here
and them talk about non NATIVE language as i understand - avisynth perfectly working for me with russian names of avs-files, russian paths of sources in that files(I TESTED IT NOW AGAIN). And i dont remember when i worked with non-english or non-russian source. I think my suggestion of checkbox(with any warning about non english and non-native names of source on it{ and in "advanced" part of options}) can work.
Also you can catch error of avisynth on source load and if it like "Import: Couldn't open "......avs"" - write about non-native symbols (if they exist) and suggest to rename source directly in staxrip interface -> during renaming make "insert" cursor.

Last edited by PopovN; 27th June 2010 at 19:59.
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265