Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 1st February 2007, 18:20   #41  |  Link
karl_lillevold

Thanks for the archive.org link. I have (finally) included this in the first post in this thread.
Old 27th March 2007, 23:54   #42  |  Link
karl_lillevold

Hmm, it seems the archive.org zip files are corrupted.

If anyone knows if AutoRV10 with the latest update (b8) is hosted anywhere, please post it here.
Old 28th March 2007, 09:45   #43  |  Link
Dark-Cracker

i can't get in toutch with my webmaster , so if someone know where i can host the binaries, i will be glad to upload them again, and post the new release too

Bye.

AutoDub v1.8 : Divx3/4/5 & Xvid Video codec and .OGG/.MP3/.AC3/.WMA audio codec.
AutoRV10 v1.0 : Use RealVideo 10 Codec and support 2 Audio Streams and Subtitles.

Dark-Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2007, 12:49   #44  |  Link
DarkZell666
aka XaS

@Dark-Cracker: check your PM's

Q9300 OC @ 3.2ghz / Asus P5E3 / 4GB PC10600 / Geforce 8600 GTS
DarkZell666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 23:40   #45  |  Link
Dark-Cracker

hi everybody

sorry for the long time without news i was busy with my job, however i still work sometimes on autorv10.

here is a new release with a few bugfix and a rewritten audio part with better support for DTS streams, and no more problems with tempory audio file bigger than 2gb.

http://benjapi.free.fr/autorv10/down...oRV10_v1.1.zip

you can see a picture of the new audio part here :

http://benjapi.free.fr/autorv10/down...rv10_audio.JPG

there is probably a few bugs introduced with the audio changes so feel free to report bugs or improvement request.

Bye.

AutoDub v1.8 : Divx3/4/5 & Xvid Video codec and .OGG/.MP3/.AC3/.WMA audio codec.
AutoRV10 v1.0 : Use RealVideo 10 Codec and support 2 Audio Streams and Subtitles.

Old 18th April 2007, 15:52   #46  |  Link
Dark-Cracker

Hi,

Does some people are interested in a better support of HD source (Blu-Ray, HDTV, HDDVD) in autorv10 ?

If you have some suggestion, request on HD support feel free to post them i will try to see how i could add this.

Bye.

Old 18th April 2007, 17:04   #47  |  Link
karl_lillevold

This looks very interesting. I will try it out as soon as I can.

One question: in your audio screenshot, the source file is a WAV file. If you choose an AC3 file, will this then be included in the Avisynth script for encoding, without first transcoded to WAV?

I wish there had been a way to easily mux AC3 into the RM file, but for this purpose one probably still has to use Matroska..
Old 18th April 2007, 23:56   #48  |  Link
Dark-Cracker

yes if you choose and AC3 or DTS file autorv10 will use the NicAudio plugin to open it directly from the .avs file no more tempory wav file. And of course you could still apply some transformation like to downmix the 5.1ch file to a 2.0 channel file and also the possibility to upmix a 2.0 file in a 5.1ch audio stream.
And you also have an audio preview in stereo mode.

I have made a bunch of tests but if you found a strange beheviours feel free to post a msg

Bye.

Old 17th June 2007, 14:42   #49  |  Link
adrianmak

does AutoRV10 not support mp3 audio ?
When I input a mp3 audio and click "play" button, it said
m2AudioMPASource: MPEG Layer III is not yet supported

Last edited by adrianmak; 17th June 2007 at 14:49.
adrianmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 04:56   #50  |  Link
BluDRed

Nice tool mate, just gave it a test run. However I think I may have stumbled onto a bug. I added an AC3 audio file to mux at the end, and it didn't mux , I did add ac3enc.dll just in case it needed that to mux the audio file in. I shall have to try muxing in an mp3 next time, but for now Im going to persevere with adding on this ac3. Any thoughts anyone?
BluDRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 06:19   #51  |  Link
BluDRed

Thought this might be some good info to share with this thread. Thanks to a mr. gastorgrab, there is a way of adding audio to RMVB files with the use of virtualdubmod!

for this you will need:

1 virtualdubmod (a recent version should be used for muxing in audio)
2 AVISynth (I don't think it matters how recent the version is)
3 RealAlternative media splitter fully installed

In the virtualdubmod program folder, there is a directory named "Templates", which is filled with .avst files.

You will need to create a .avst file with notepad, that looks like this:
Code:
#ASYNTHER RealMedia 23.976fps
[DirectShowSource("%f",23.976)]
The movies frame rate is important as virtualdubmod will now only open RMVB files with a frame rate of 23.976, however this can be changed to suit your needs. When I am done here, I intend on creating template .avst files for all frame rates.

Now startup VirtualDubMod -> File -> Open video file.
Select to view all files, then at the bottom left of the window, a click down menu will be available to you. Select the template you just created then continue to open our desired RMVB file.

From after opening your RMVB vid, audio can be muxed in.

Let me know how this works for you guys.

EDIT. Im having trouble with muxing in using direct stream, seems to be un-compressing the RMVB file, find a way of integrating the RMVB codec into virtualdubmod to get keep the file compressed by the looks of things.

Last edited by BluDRed; 26th February 2009 at 17:29.
Old 1st March 2009, 20:16   #52  |  Link
BluDRed

MKVMerge GUI muxes audio into RMVB files, although the output file is MKV. Good thing is there's no change to the quality of the video during the process, so a success!... am I the only person viewing this thread these days?
Old 1st March 2009, 22:26   #53  |  Link
IgorC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluDRed View Post
am I the only person viewing this thread these days?
More probably. Most of people have moved to H.264 some years ago. Better quality, better compatibility and faster playback.
IgorC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 19:30   #54  |  Link
roozhou

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgorC View Post
More probably. Most of people have moved to H.264 some years ago. Better quality, better compatibility and faster playback.
Unfortunately this is not the truth. In my coutry many people are still using Easy RealMedia Producer and this helps rmvb to dominate videos over Internet.

Yes x264 can beat rv10 qualitywise but there is no "Easy MP4 Producer". ERP or RealProducer itsself contains video/audio filters, rv40 encoder, aac/he-aac encoder and rm muxer. It uses directshow to decode and does not require .NET, avisynth or anything not shipped with Windows.
roozhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 02:40   #55  |  Link
IgorC

Quote:
Originally Posted by roozhou View Post
In my coutry many people are still using Easy RealMedia Producer ...

Realland?
Old 5th March 2009, 04:13   #56  |  Link
iwod

Quote:

Realland?
Well Asia, especially CJK, are still using a lot of RV10
iwod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 08:18   #57  |  Link
IgorC

I have my theory about why RV10 is popular in Asia.
White and yellow people have different visual perception and also different genetic vision defects.

For example 80% of Chinese have myopia (at least -0.5 dpt). It's my case too as I'm half blood asian. I don't see difference without glasses between H.264 and RV10 at distance more than 1m.

While myopia hasn't massive character for white people but hyperopia which origins preferences for more details (even maybe with some slight artifacts)
Old 5th March 2009, 17:17   #58  |  Link
roozhou

Quote:
I have my theory about why RV10 is popular in Asia.
White and yellow people have different visual perception and also different genetic vision defects.

For example 80% of Chinese have myopia (at least -0.5 dpt). It's my case too as I'm half blood asian. I don't see difference without glasses between H.264 and RV10 at distance more than 1m.

While myopia hasn't massive character for white people but hyperopia which origins preferences for more details (even maybe with some slight artifacts)
Very interesting theory. Though I believe RV10 is popular here because it is easier to create and play. Compared to the crappy vfw encoders (DivX and xvid), RealProducer wins on both convenience and quality. When x264 was born rmvb had already conquer the internet.
roozhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 06:12   #59  |  Link
iwod

Quote:
Originally Posted by roozhou View Post
Very interesting theory. Though I believe RV10 is popular here because it is easier to create and play. Compared to the crappy vfw encoders (DivX and xvid), RealProducer wins on both convenience and quality. When x264 was born rmvb had already conquer the internet.
Yes. i think rmvb is still relatively good at smaller bitrate compare to x264. Especially for anime.
iwod is offline   Reply With Quote