Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 21st March 2004, 01:24   #1  |  Link
jdobbs

DVD Rebuilder (CCE One-Click Beta) Bug Reports

All,

The purpose of this thread is to try and organize the rather large traffic that is being posted for DVD-RB since it started beta testing. In this thread please post any bugs you may encounter. It would be nice if you used the format below -- but if you don't want to waste the time, just use whatever format you want.

1. DVD-R Version: x.xx
2. Encoder being used: CCE X.XX, ReJig X.XX, or QuEnc X.XX
3. Using eclCCE? Y or N
4. Bug encountered: Description of the bug, with any detail that might make it clearer and easier to fix.
5. If you think it might help, use the "Copy Status to Clipboard" feature of v0.19 and above -- and post it with the bug report.

I will also attempt to keep the link below up-to-date so you can always come to the first page of this thread to get the latest version of the beta.

The latest version can be found here.

You can find brief installation and usage instructions on this post/page.

Again my thanks to all the beta testers. Your constructive inputs are really helpful in making this a useful product.

jdobbs

Last edited by jdobbs; 2nd May 2004 at 05:26.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2004, 03:07   #2  |  Link
DMagic1

Fast forward / Rewind Problems

0. NTSC
1. DVD-RB v18
2. Rejig and CCE
3. N
4. Fast Forward / Rewind crashes or freezes some stand alone playes. Also fails using IFOEdit DVD player.

jdobbs have you tried your output in IFOEdit DVD player?
DMagic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2004, 03:12   #3  |  Link
DDogg
Retired, but still around

I found a silly one with 19. I had an iso of 2010 mounted and tried RB on it with rejig. I didn't even notice it needed no compression. hehe, Rejig choked on a re-compression factor of 107.4. Perhaps you need to check for user idiocy.
DDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2004, 03:18   #4  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally posted by DDogg
I found a silly one with 19. I had an iso of 2010 mounted and tried RB on it with rejig. I didn't even notice it needed no compression. hehe, Rejig choked on a re-compression factor of 107.4. Perhaps you need to check for user idiocy.
Oh, man. That happened to someone earlier and I forgot to put that check in. That'll be in the next version. You want to know what is even funnier -- if you use CCE it will actually reencode at a bitrate higher than the original! Now that's a waste.
Old 21st March 2004, 03:32   #5  |  Link
DMagic1

no oversize problem after all.

Last edited by DMagic1; 21st March 2004 at 05:59.
Old 21st March 2004, 03:39   #6  |  Link
jdobbs

If the files are still in the D2VAVS directory, could you do a little comparing between the .MPV (original) and the .M2V (transcoded) files? Does it match the percentage that DVD-RB calculated? I just want to see if it is my calculation or the actual ReJig resizing that is off.

Thx.
Old 21st March 2004, 03:57   #7  |  Link
DMagic1

Sorry I already deleted them.

I was testing v.019 and I just got an error.

Run-time error 5:
Invalid procedure call or argument

This was during Rebuilding, as it stated on segment 0.
Old 21st March 2004, 04:12   #8  |  Link
StifflerStealth

Quote:
@DMagic1,

Damn. I'm also NTSC and can't get it to repeat this - I was hoping it was something simple like a computation issue with PAL when figuring out the contents of the Data Search Informatin (DSI) packet.

In the DSI, which is in the NAVPACK there are SRIs that point to VOBUs in a forward and backward direction. If your FF and RW aren't working properly it would tend to indicate that this table is populated incorrectly. Unfortunately this table isn't enumerated by VOBEdit (except in Hex mode) making it difficult to review it. It makes it even worse when the FF and REW work fine for the discs I've tried (at 1.5x, 5x, and 20x on my standalone(s) and also using PowerDVD)

I'll go back over the code that fills the table and see if there are any anomalies...

@All,

Are there others who are experiencing problems with FF and RW?
I just mux a DVD using v0.19:
In Nero Showtime, setting the play rate faster than 1x is like pressing the stop button. Showtime doesn't crash, it just stops playback. On the other hand, I can use InterVideo WinDVD and faster play rates. The image is still burning for me to test the stand alone.

On a good note, the DVD can now be opened in Nero ReCode, so I am running it on the re-encoded DVD with everything set at 100%. This might be a temparary fix to get the fast forward stuff to work right.

EDIT: Nope, recode didn't fix it. It might just be a problem with Show time itself since it worked in WinDVD. Still burning at 1x to test on my Stand alone.

Stiff

Last edited by StifflerStealth; 21st March 2004 at 04:39.
StifflerStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2004, 04:49   #9  |  Link
jdobbs

Could you try something for me? Using IFOEdit go into the IFO file of the offending VTS and under VTSI_MAT, change the value of VTS_TMAPT to "0". Make sure you write the original value down -- and don't run "Get VTS Sectors"

Then try and run it and see if it behaves any differently.

Thx.
Old 21st March 2004, 05:49   #10  |  Link
DMagic1

Still the same thing.
Old 21st March 2004, 06:00   #11  |  Link
DMagic1

Quote:
Originally posted by jdobbs
If the files are still in the D2VAVS directory, could you do a little comparing between the .MPV (original) and the .M2V (transcoded) files? Does it match the percentage that DVD-RB calculated? I just want to see if it is my calculation or the actual ReJig resizing that is off.

Thx.
no over size after all
Old 21st March 2004, 07:09   #12  |  Link
JvD
VSOP

Tried the 0.18 version and got the same error again, runtim error 9. Same movie (Breakfast at Tiffanys) and same setup. CCE seems to stop when it errives to one of those still pictures. At least if I play the avs-file it looks like some kind of still. Can You Tell DBDRB to skip those files?

BUT when using Rejig (as transcoder) everything runs OK, without a glitch. (on the same movie)

Hope this EclCCE/CCE bug can be removed. Without it, it makes this app my sweet little darling ;-)

Last edited by JvD; 21st March 2004 at 08:17.
JvD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2004, 10:28   #13  |  Link
acido

I tried with 3 differend PAL DVD but i still cannot produce a playable copy of them on my standalone (elta 8882).
1. DVD-R Version: 0.16
2. Encoder being used: CCE 2.67.0023 trial
3. Using eclCCE v 1.7b
4. Bug encountered:
- DVD takes longer to be recognized as a DVD format
- starts playing not from menus, then jumps back to them after some time.
- Selecting chapters from menus the dvd starts skipping between chapters.
- Looking the film from the beginning and pressing NEXT chapter i got the same results, the DVD starts skipping quickly between chapters.
DVD has single PGC titlesets.
Playing back in powerDVD gives no problems, so it may be related to my standalone, but never had a similar problem before with other programs ( clonedvd - dvdshrink - Pinnacle ic8 ...) .
Can someone outline program limitations and bugs in a single page for reference? e.g what type of DVDs can actually be backed-up an what not
TIA

Last edited by acido; 21st March 2004 at 10:37.
acido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2004, 10:51   #14  |  Link
jdobbs

ALL:

Okay, the good news is I've been able to repeat the Navigation problem (FF, RV). It's 4:50AM, I just got up, and I've started the coffee. This will be my number one priority today. I'll post as soon as I find resolution.

jdobbs
Old 21st March 2004, 10:58   #15  |  Link
DMagic1

Thankyou!!
Hope you get it resolved.

Its the same time here and I'm just going to bed. See ya in 5 hours.
Old 21st March 2004, 11:50   #16  |  Link
SLA

If i perform CRC check on both .bup and .ifo it says that they differ, but they should/must be same. so i guess the tmapti time table transfer is only performed for the .ifos and the .bups are left untouched?

btw. great tool

Last edited by SLA; 21st March 2004 at 11:56.
SLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2004, 11:51   #17  |  Link
hypo20

@jdobbs

0. DVD: Bruce Almighty PAL
1: DVD-BR v.019 (but this problem I have from beginning)
2: CCE-SP 2.67.0.23 (no trial)
3: using last available eclCCE
4: audio is not working on re-encoded DVD in standalone player (only in menus, which are not re-encoded). In PC everything works fine, but in player...no. ;o) I'm testing it on 4xDVD+R but the player is working with it for sure. I've tested it with others transcoders.
Can you check it plese? I'm going mad. I want to use yours app.

Right now I'm trying some fixes. I will post report.

EDIT:
Maybe de-multiplexing a video stream from re-encoded video and running it through IfoEdit with Correct NAV-Packs, Correct Original IFO's and ReMux options enabled, the stream will be re-multiplexed and IFO re-written, so maybe this the way. I'll test everything.

MB: MSI K8D Master F
CPU: 2x AMD Opteron 244 (1800Mhz)
SYS HDD: Maxtor Atlas 36GB SCSI 10K RPM
DATA HDD: 3.2TB RAID6 SCSI DISK SUBSYSTEM
VGA: MSI GeforceFX 9590Ultra 256MB DDRAM ViVo
MONITOR: iMAC 19" 16:9 LCD
CASE: ThermalTake Xaser III Silver
RAM: 12GB DDR400 ECC (6x Kingston KVR333X72RC25/2G)
KB & MOUSE: MS Optical Wireless Desktop
DVD-RW: NEC ND-2500A
DVD-ROM: Pioneer DVD-120
VIDEO CARD: Matrox RT.X100 Xtreme Pro

Last edited by hypo20; 21st March 2004 at 11:55.
hypo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2004, 12:37   #18  |  Link
robot1

@hypo20
Have you already tried a moch strip (select strip stream and keep all stream) in ifo-edit?

@all
Am I the only one who gets undersized results?
Two test: 3,30 and 3,32 GB.
robot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2004, 13:10   #19  |  Link
Abnormal1

@hypo20
Bruce Almighty PAL is the next DVD i am going to try ReBuilder on. Anyway have have you had a look at the dvd in IFOEdit and checked that the audio streams are referenced in VTSI_MAT and VTS_PGCTI. Maybe compare it with the original.

Abnormal
Abnormal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2004, 14:01   #20  |  Link
jdobbs

All:

FOUND IT!! The problem with navigation (FF/RW) that was being experienced has been found and corrected. It was not in the TMAPTI table (although I did find a bug in which my updates sometimes weren't being written ) For the Geeks who care: In the Data Search Information (DSI) table of each NAVPACK I was setting an incorrect bit (used a bad mask value).

Anyway I tested the instance in which I could repeat this using the IFOEdit player -- and the problem went away.

A new Version of DVD Rebuilder (v0.20) is attached. The changes are listed below:

- Fixed the nagging navigation error that was causing some players to hang up when fast-forwarding or rewinding

- Added an option to SETUP that will change the background color (for those of you who just can't stand blue-green)

- Implemented code that warns and stops when attempting to reencode information that will already fit on a DVD-5 (without additional compression)

NOTE: ADDED ONE MORE FIX AND UPDATED TO 0.21

- Corrected an error in which the TMAPTI updates were being made to the .IFO file but not to the corresponding .BUP

ATTACHMENT DELETED AFTER 2112 DOWNLOADS. LOOK AT THE FIRST PAGE OF THIS THREAD IF YOU WANT THE MOST CURRENT VERSION.

Last edited by jdobbs; 28th March 2004 at 21:26.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote