Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth

Old 8th August 2020, 04:36   #101  |  Link
shph

I just notice that Selur updated Hybrid Scripts about a month ago https://github.com/Selur/VapoursynthScriptsInHybrid so today i download them and try to use.
As usual i put a copy inside Hybrid.app and another copy to /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/python3.8/site-packages/.
With new scripts and Very Slow or Placebo deinterlace settings i got: Aborting '06_15_03_5110_02_video' due to: ERROR
I try VS 50 or 51 and different versions of MVTools and got same error. So it is definitely some problem with updated script itself or with macOS version compatibility.

Here i attach old working scripts to compare, if it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Scripts old version.zip (250.5 KB, 50 views)
shph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2020, 09:13   #102  |  Link
Selur

newer QTGMC uses neo_fft3d (https://github.com/HomeOfAviSynthPlu...FFT3D/releases) instead of fft3dfilter, so without neo_fft3d this will cause a crash.
Old 8th August 2020, 17:37   #103  |  Link
AdamCarter

Can’t wait for the newest version of hybrid with updated qtgmc/neo-fftd.

Guess will gsve to wait for neo-Fft3d to be mac compiled first?
AdamCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2020, 13:53   #104  |  Link
l33tmeatwad

Working on patching the neo plugin, it's got some issues that keep it from compiling on macOS.

Update: Looks like Sierra does not support compiling with some of the features it uses, I will need to find which version has the features needed to compile it.

Last edited by l33tmeatwad; 15th August 2020 at 04:19.
l33tmeatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2020, 04:41   #105  |  Link
shph

Why don't use Mojave 10.14.6 ? It is still up to date system and same time the last version that support 32 bit apps.
Old 13th August 2020, 04:53   #106  |  Link
l33tmeatwad

Quote:
Originally Posted by shph View Post
Why don't use Mojave 10.14.6 ? It is still up to date system and same time the last version that support 32 bit apps.
I mean I could and then compile with version compatibility flags, however I usually just find it easier to compile and test on the oldest OS version I plan for it to work on to make sure it doesn't crash or that I can gather a crash report. As for 32-bit support, why would that matter? Apple hasn't had a computer with a 32-bit processor since like 2006 and most of those lost support long before Mojave. The main reason to be concerned about 32-bit support would be if you were writing an application that used an external library that you only had access to 32-bit binaries for.
Old 13th August 2020, 05:22   #107  |  Link
shph

Hybrid on macOS still use some 32 bit components, so Mojave is the last working system if maybe you want to test something with Hybrid.app

Last edited by shph; 13th August 2020 at 08:25.
Old 13th August 2020, 20:01   #108  |  Link
l33tmeatwad

Quote:
Hybrid on macOS still use some 32 bit components, so Mojave is the last working system if maybe you want to test something with Hybrid.app
From my understanding the developer has dropped support, so trying to maintain support will be a bit of a losing battle as the switch to ARM is going to cause the application to eventually become obsolete. Considering the complies I'm offering support back to 10.12 currently, there should be no issue with compatibility unless core functions are charged that break compatibility with the application itself.
Old 15th August 2020, 04:21   #109  |  Link
l33tmeatwad

So I've got bad news for those of you looking to keep Hybrid up to date by using the neo fft3d plugin to allow the scripts to be updated...there are features used in the neo plugin that requires Catalina for it to compile...I will upload the plugin, but it will require Catalina or higher to run, so good luck!
Old 15th August 2020, 05:51   #110  |  Link
AdamCarter

I run hybrid catalina. It runs great, but sox and lsdvd were the only plugins that didnt work for me. However shijan, said that the new versions of lsdvd and sox work now, so i bet once i update to the newest version Hybrid on catalina will be great.

I usually rip stuff using makemkv
Then run hybrid

Since i am in catalina and sox didnt work before i would remux the audio from original mkv to the new mkv using mkvtoolnix.

But if sox Is working now, boom, things rill be that much faster.

Still hoping for anime4k denoising or some waifu2k variant. Then i’d be in heaven.

Last edited by AdamCarter; 15th August 2020 at 06:02.
Old 15th August 2020, 06:58   #111  |  Link
shph

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33tmeatwad View Post
So I've got bad news for those of you looking to keep Hybrid up to date by using the neo fft3d plugin to allow the scripts to be updated...there are features used in the neo plugin that requires Catalina for it to compile...I will upload the plugin, but it will require Catalina or higher to run, so good luck!
Yep, bad news for Mojave users. But it appears it is possible to revert new QTGMC scripts back to legacy fft3dfilter. Just replace 'neo_fft3d.FFT3D' with 'fft3dfilter.FFT3DFilter' in havsfunc.py

Probably i will create two versions of VapourSynth+QTGMC+Hybrid package in future. One with legacy fft3dfilter and edited script compatible with Mojave and Catalina.
And second package with neo_fft3d.FFT3D for Catalina only.

So it still make sense to compile neo_fft3d

Hope it will be no problem with x64 version of ffmbc.

Last edited by shph; 15th August 2020 at 08:37.
Old 15th August 2020, 16:29   #112  |  Link
l33tmeatwad

I usually test these things before posting, unfortunately the plugin is causing fftw3 to crash when seeking. I'll try to collect details to pass on to the developer.
Old 15th August 2020, 17:41   #113  |  Link
shph

Seems new stuff is always buggy.
I tested new QTGMC scripts with 'neo_fft3d.FFT3D' name manually replaced with 'fft3dfilter.FFT3DFilter' in havsfunc.py and everything works great with legacy fft3dfilter.
Old 15th August 2020, 22:22   #114  |  Link
l33tmeatwad

Actually I think the method used to call fftw3 was broken by Catalina, which is ironic because it's the only version capable of compiling it.
Old 15th August 2020, 22:31   #115  |  Link
shph

Maybe ask developer of neo_fft3d to add support for Mojave somehow?
Old 15th August 2020, 22:34   #116  |  Link
l33tmeatwad

Quote:
Maybe ask developer of neo_fft3d to add support for Mojave somehow?
That doesn't actually fix the problem and would be a more complicated fix. It's counter productive to adjust something to only work on older versions of an OS.
Old 15th August 2020, 23:44   #117  |  Link
shph

Also here is my test report about different versions of MVtools plug-ins that you share earlier.
MVtools-v20 and v21 works well.
MVtools-v22 and v23 are broken. When i use preset "Placebo" in Hybrid render starts, but after some short time it stops with error. "crashed: Helper1, exitCode: 11"

Last edited by shph; 20th August 2020 at 00:53.
Old 19th August 2020, 13:00   #118  |  Link
AdamCarter

Quote:
Actually I think the method used to call fftw3 was broken by Catalina, which is ironic because it's the only version capable of compiling it.
Can this be compiled on catalina?

https://github.com/rlaPHOENiX/VSGAN
Old 19th August 2020, 14:45   #119  |  Link
l33tmeatwad

If you used the VapourSynth installer then you already have Numpy and Mvsfunc, so all you would need to do is run the following commands (ONLY valid for those that used the installer):
Code:
sudo vspip3 install torch torchvision
sudo vspip3 install vsgan
Now for some reason the pip install also installs a bottled version of VapourSynth that will confuse Python and cause scripts to always crash, so you'll also need to run the following command to remove it:
Code:
sudo rm /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/python3.8/site-packages/vapoursynth.cpython-38-darwin.so
sudo rm -rf /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/python3.8/site-packages/VapourSynth-51-py3.8.egg-info
Additionally if you want to use the new commands installed easily you can do the following:
Code:
sudo ln -s /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/bin/convert-caffe2-to-onnx /usr/local/bin/vsconvert-caffee2-to-onnx
sudo ln -s /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/bin/convert-onnx-to-caffe2 /usr/local/bin/vsconvert-onnx-to-caffe2
sudo ln -s /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/bin/futurize /usr/local/bin/vsfuturize
sudo ln -s /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/bin/pasteurize /usr/local/bin/vscpasteurize
I always add vs when adding links so it doesn't potentially overwrite anything someone might have installed and also so it reminds me that I'm running stuff specifically for the VapourSynth framework.

Last edited by l33tmeatwad; 19th August 2020 at 15:06. Reason: Updated Information.
l33tmeatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2020, 20:23   #120  |  Link
AdamCarter

Quote:
Quote:
If you used the VapourSynth installer then you already have Numpy and Mvsfunc, so all you would need to do is run the following commands (ONLY valid for those that used the installer):
Code:
sudo vspip3 install torch torchvision
sudo vspip3 install vsgan
Now for some reason the pip install also installs a bottled version of VapourSynth that will confuse Python and cause scripts to always crash, so you'll also need to run the following command to remove it:
Code:
sudo rm /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/python3.8/site-packages/vapoursynth.cpython-38-darwin.so
sudo rm -rf /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/python3.8/site-packages/VapourSynth-51-py3.8.egg-info
Additionally if you want to use the new commands installed easily you can do the following:
Code:
sudo ln -s /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/bin/convert-caffe2-to-onnx /usr/local/bin/vsconvert-caffee2-to-onnx
sudo ln -s /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/bin/convert-onnx-to-caffe2 /usr/local/bin/vsconvert-onnx-to-caffe2
sudo ln -s /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/bin/futurize /usr/local/bin/vsfuturize
sudo ln -s /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/bin/pasteurize /usr/local/bin/vscpasteurize
I always add vs when adding links so it doesn't potentially overwrite anything someone might have installed and also so it reminds me that I'm running stuff specifically for the VapourSynth framework.

All of this went over my head.

Tags
meatwadismagical, meatwadthegreat