Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 4th January 2004, 14:45   #1  |  Link
Maras

DVD2DVD-R does not start CCE properly

Hi
I've got a problem encoding w/ DVD2DVD-R. It looks as excelent tool for movie-only rip, but it does not start CCE properly. CCE appears only for a while & disappears. It causes no *NEW.m2v file appears, so IfoEdit crashes. I'm using CCE 2.50.01.00. I've tried start eclCCE and it works ok. It loads project and start encode (i used -batch switch).
So i do not know where is the problem & how to debug what DVD2DVD-R realy does.
If you got any idea please let me know. It drives me crazy.
I'm using 1.7.3 version.
Greets,
Maras
Maras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2004, 01:13   #2  |  Link
Maras

No idea what to do I installed older version 1.6.1 and still got the problem. CCE appears only for while. I did not notice if project is loaded or not. Now I started eclCCE manualy & believe, that will be able to continue work (ifoedit authoring).
Please let me know if anyone have any idea.

Thanks,
Maras
--------
Celeron 800 MHz, Windows 2000 Pro, CCE 2.50 & no idea what to do
Old 5th January 2004, 01:56   #3  |  Link
Syden

Um, this might be kinda wrong, i'm not sure how DVDtoDVD-r works, but with CCE 2.5, I don't think you need eclCCE? I thought that it was only 2.6 and 2.7 that they removed the functionality that eclCCE puts back?

Just a thought, try it without eclCCE.

Steve
Syden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2004, 10:11   #4  |  Link
Observer

I would suspect that there is something wrong with the frameserving, i.e that the *NEW.avs script does not work correctly with your installed version of avisynth and . If I remember correctly DVD2DVD-R 1.7.3 uses avisynth 2.0.8 and dvd2avi 1.76 CLI. Can you actually encode the movie manually with the *NEW.avs script?

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling all apps? If it's been working before then you probably broke something in your setup. What does the DVD2DVD-R log say?

You could also try DVD2DVD-R 1.8.0 Beta3 that uses avisynth 2.5.3 which is significantly faster.

Last edited by Observer; 5th January 2004 at 10:14.
Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2004, 11:25   #5  |  Link
Maras

Thanks guys for replay!
I do not know if dvd2dvd-r uses eclCCE, but i just use it to load ecl file & it couses no problem. Encoding works ok too. So both ecl & avs file are corect. IMO problem is in calling CCE program, but log (in right windows) says that encoding was ok, and starts authoring ?!
I do not know if should give a try DVD2DVD-R 1.8.0 Beta3...

Thanks,
Maras
Old 5th January 2004, 12:14   #6  |  Link
Observer

This seems strange. Has DVD2DVD-R worked correctly on your PC before? If not, you could take a look at the guide at http://davis28.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2004, 12:21   #7  |  Link
VILLA21

I think,the only reason that causes CCE2.50 to open and then terminate immediately is the fact that the "fake" audio line is missing in your Avisynth script.Check the .avs created file for the AddAudio() or ResampleAdudio(44100) lines, depends of Avisynth version u have 2.0.7 or 2.0.8?
Or try at least the latest version with Avisynth 2.53 support as mentioned above.
Old 5th January 2004, 12:23   #8  |  Link
Maras

I'll take a look. I didn't anything else but instaling it. I have CCE already instaled (used before in dvd2svcd). I followed this guide: http://www.hostultra.com/~divxmusic/.../dvd2dvdr.html

Thanks,
Maras

Last edited by Maras; 5th January 2004 at 14:11.
Old 5th January 2004, 14:15   #9  |  Link
Maras

Quote:
Originally posted by VILLA21
I think,the only reason that causes CCE2.50 to open and then terminate immediately is the fact that the "fake" audio line is missing in your Avisynth script.Check the .avs created file for the AddAudio() or ResampleAdudio(44100) lines, depends of Avisynth version u have 2.0.7 or 2.0.8?
I have AddAudio() present. IMO script is ok, becouse CCE uses it when i load it manualy. IMO problem is w/ loading ecl file.

Anyway it is very first time i use dvd2dvd-r on my (any) computer.