Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 12th February 2008, 18:26   #1061  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0mag!c View Post
i've already bought PS3. and I was disappointed that it didn't upscale DVD's to 1080i/p, as my good old dvd-player does. so I'm still looking for UNcrapy bluray player to replace dvd-player.
best bd player out there currently is the SONY BDP-S500, I have it. It supports dts-hd and true hd as well as AVCHD. it upscales dvds also.
jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 18:28   #1062  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmango View Post

But of course for DVD upscalling to actually take place you need to enable 2 things in the PS3 settings:

- DVD upscalling (under DVD options)
- and 1080p (under supported screen sizes)

My guess is that you haven't enabled "DVD upscalling"
it upscales to 720p and 1080i as well too.
Old 12th February 2008, 19:54   #1063  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
It's on a to do list, are you volunteering?
I have a better idea. Command line app only for BluRay structure.
e.g.
BlurayStructure.exe "video.m2ts" "c:\bluray"

That's all we need
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 20:12   #1064  |  Link
hkazemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz01 View Post
Answers:

It doesn't since it was written from scratch and not from that code base.
That's what I wasn't clear on...if TsRemux was a code derivative of xport and/or Evodemux, or instead a derivative just in spirit and ability. You've clarified it as the second (which is fine).

I'm hoping that someone will be able to combine the best of all these tools into an uber .ts handling tool. Presently, corrupt stream handling capabilities are being incrementally added to various tools, whereas a fix-them-all stream handling tool would be wonderful. (If wizziwig/mwilczyn changes his mind on releasing the source code to mpeg2repair, that would probably become a important part of the combined code.)

Quote:
Re: xport vs tsremux handling of damaged .ts streams
It can tolerate some issues. I believe xport is better.

Re: AC3 bitrate header fixing
I could if there is a demand, or someone else can add that too.

Re: command line version
It's on a to do list, are you volunteering?
AutoHotKey is the tool I would use to create a command line wrapper for any app. Since you said xport is probably a more robust demuxer (and I'm looking for the most robust tools for broadcast ATSC content), I don't think I need to create a wrapper at this point. In fact I feel a wrapper is not the right way to do it anyway, since the TsRemux source code is available from you...real command line access is the way to go. It's good to know that this is on a to do list.

Have you given any thought to what license, if any, that you're releasing your tools under? Should they be considered to be public domain, GPL, Creative Commons (some version), BSD, etc? I didn't see anything about its license status posted anywhere (or in the source code). Some coders sensitive to this issue may be concerned about re-using your code without knowing the license type.

If you haven't given it much thought, my suggestion is to pick a GPL or GPL-compatible license, like many other open source tools have done. This page has a list of compatible and incompatible licenses: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html One of my reasons for suggesting a GPL or GPL-compatible license is to make it a possibility to use the code in other GPL video projects that handle .ts streams, including MythTV with a digital tuner.

Thanks for all your contributions!
hkazemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 10:58   #1065  |  Link
n0mag!c
use 'r'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmango View Post
But of course for DVD upscalling to actually take place you need to enable 2 things in the PS3 settings:
- DVD upscalling (under DVD options)
- and 1080p (under supported screen sizes)
My guess is that you haven't enabled "DVD upscalling"
when I bought PS3 week ago, I went through ALL menu settings. Yesterday read you message, thought what a lamer I am, and walk through all menu items again but didn't find such a menu item "DVD upscaling".
I have 60Gb european PS3 v1.52 and 1080i tv connected via hdmi. please help me find this magic menu item!
Jamos says that PS3 can upscale to 720p and 1080i too.
n0mag!c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 11:30   #1066  |  Link
zeroprobe

Quote:
when I bought PS3 week ago, I went through ALL menu settings. Yesterday read you message, thought what a lamer I am, and walk through all menu items again but didn't find such a menu item "DVD upscaling".
I have 60Gb european PS3 v1.52 and 1080i tv connected via hdmi. please help me find this magic menu item!
Jamos says that PS3 can upscale to 720p and 1080i too.
Upgrade your firmware were on 2.1 now.
zeroprobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 16:42   #1067  |  Link
Bigmango

Quote:
please help me find this magic menu item!
It's in the settings menu, under Blu-ray/DVD settings.

But as zeroprobe says, your old firware probably doesn't have this option, you need to update it. You are missing several features that are available in the newer firmware (divx playback and more).
Bigmango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 19:50   #1068  |  Link
n0mag!c
use 'r'

i'm happy now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroprobe View Post
Upgrade your firmware were on 2.1 now.
yes! that was it! thanks a lot! a lot features were added in 2.10 firmware! including 'DVD-upscale'! continuing to test new version 'tsremux' on PS3...
n0mag!c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 15:28   #1069  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectal Prolapse View Post
Thunderbolt8, I asked drmpeg (in PM) about the seamless branching issue. I hope he gets back to me about it one day.

My question is: Is the additional audio packet at the end of each m2ts segment repeated in the next audio segment? If so, is there a way to detect this additional audio packet and delete it, or does the audio need to be re-encoded?
im not sure whether its repeated, at least it would be so small you wont notice it when watching. im not that much familiar with the technical side of this :S I only know there is too much audio and therefore the video needs to be slowed down accordingly.
Thunderbolt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 19:10   #1070  |  Link
Rectal Prolapse

Depends on the audio format - if it is AC3, you will be off by an AC3 frame - 32 milliseconds, per segment! That is a lot! :O

For LPCM it is almost negligible - which explains why I didn't have any issues with audio sync when playing Ratatouille as I was using the LPCM track.
Rectal Prolapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2008, 19:53   #1071  |  Link
WarlordBB

Pardom me for being "the noob" - I just used TSremux for the first time. I processed an R5000 recording off my Dish STB of a movie on StarzHD. The orginal file was 18GB (2 hours and change).

I used TSremux with all default options and just trimmed the beginning and ending few minutes.

The resulting file plays exactly as the original (minus the trimmed sections) - same PQ and audio, however, the file size is 3.8GB.

I haven't watched the entire thing from beginning to end yet but this is not was I was expecting.

I thought TSremux was just a way to "fix" some issues, easily trim beg/end, and in some cases (like moving to a Blu-ray structure) restructure the resulting output.

How did it shrink my filesize 14GB?

I'm not complaining, I just don't quite understand.

Sad that I'm a professional programmer by trade but when it comes to this video stuff I feel like a nooblet.
WarlordBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2008, 20:11   #1072  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

One thing I have noticed is the BD format remux has issues with ff/rw recorded to disk AVCHD or BD. It seems to pause after a bit and you have to stop/start to get it to play again. It happens with all my h264 sources so sending a source to you wouldn't matter. Using commercial remux software I do not have this issue with the same h264 sources (ie ff/rw work fine).
Old 17th February 2008, 20:14   #1073  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordBB View Post
Pardom me for being "the noob" - I just used TSremux for the first time. I processed an R5000 recording off my Dish STB of a movie on StarzHD. The orginal file was 18GB (2 hours and change).

I used TSremux with all default options and just trimmed the beginning and ending few minutes.

The resulting file plays exactly as the original (minus the trimmed sections) - same PQ and audio, however, the file size is 3.8GB.

I haven't watched the entire thing from beginning to end yet but this is not was I was expecting.

I thought TSremux was just a way to "fix" some issues, easily trim beg/end, and in some cases (like moving to a Blu-ray structure) restructure the resulting output.

How did it shrink my filesize 14GB?

I'm not complaining, I just don't quite understand.

Sad that I'm a professional programmer by trade but when it comes to this video stuff I feel like a nooblet.

well if your original container was mpeg2 source (ie vob, etc.) mpeg4 significantly reduces size compared to a mpeg2.
Old 20th February 2008, 04:52   #1074  |  Link
Exiton

TsRemux vs. Xport

Hey guys,

I love the GUI of TsRemux compared to Xport, but whenever I try to process a Lossless PCM elementry stream (Blu-Ray) from TsRemux, eac3to cannot read it. The process I use is right clicking on the audio and choosing the elementary stream. When I input the same stream demuxed by Xport, it picks it up fine. I tried a PES stream as well, but got the same error in eac3to. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Exiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 22:37   #1075  |  Link
nekrosoft13

great tool thanks!!
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 23:17   #1076  |  Link
dmz01

Source code released under GPL

dmz
dmz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2008, 00:56   #1077  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:

dmz
nice! you still going to work on this correct?
Old 21st February 2008, 02:04   #1078  |  Link
dmz01

Yes. and now people can officially help me as well. Their names will simply be added to the copyright
dmz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2008, 04:29   #1079  |  Link
Chumbo

Quote:

dmz
Nice. Have you considered hosting the project at codeplex.com? It'd be easier for other developers to get in on the fun and collaborate. Just an idea.
Old 21st February 2008, 08:28   #1080  |  Link
Gujs

Hello,

I have a problem with loading TS file made with mediacoder. I get this error:
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at TsRemux.TsRemux.EnableCbxMlp()
   at TsRemux.TsRemux.backgroundWorker2_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TsRemux
    Assembly Version: 0.0.20.0
    Win32 Version: 0.0.20.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Share/Video/Editor/TSRemux/tsremux.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

If you want I can upload it to some place to take a look. It has 35MB of size.
Gujs is offline   Reply With Quote