Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 17th September 2003, 05:22   #1  |  Link
devanand50

How can i copy a Dual Layer data DVD to single DVD?

Hi,
Can someone please help with the problem I have? I am trying to copy a Dual layer DVD that has DATA on it and want to copy it to a single DVD? What software would do this? Do I need to split the DATA and copy it to 2 DVDs? Any HELP will be appericiated.

Thanks.

Dev
devanand50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2003, 05:49   #2  |  Link
Mandraker

my guess would be that u have to burn that data to 2 dvd's , i wouldn't know a program that can compress data to fit on 1 dvd.
Mandraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2003, 06:03   #3  |  Link
int 21h
Still Laughing

Depends what the 'DATA' is. If its some sort of program, you'd probably have to change LBA tables in the program itself because they wouldn't match anymore, the program may even have a check against running it on DVD5s...

So I guess the short answer is, you more than likely can't
int 21h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2003, 03:18   #4  |  Link
writersblock29

I'm completely ignorant to how such programs work, but couldn't he try using something like WinZip or Winrar to compress the individual files, and then try burning them to a DVDR (if they were shrunk down enough to fit)? He'd totally lose all ability to create a self-booting disk if he did that, since the files would need extracted to be useful... but would that work?

...Now that I think about it, there's no logic in such an approach! Even if he fit everything on to one DVDR, it'd be at the expense of giving himself more work to do later. I couldn't delete this message, so I'll just shut up now...

Last edited by writersblock29; 20th September 2003 at 03:25.
writersblock29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2003, 16:56   #5  |  Link
pipeline

Dvdfab will do it. Slight pause between the two on the one backup I tried. Others ways to do it with ifoedit, SEARCH the forums.
Pipe
pipeline is offline   Reply With Quote