Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 22nd March 2002, 07:38   #1  |  Link
diogo6

DVD Decrypter & "Don't Say a Word"

I've succesfully ripped at least 25 dvds, but for some reason, I just can't rip "Don't say a word". For some reason, the third .vob can't be ripped (and I've tried DVDDecrypter and SmartRipper already). If someone can't tell me why this is happening, please tell me.
Just in case, Lightning UK is reading this, here's the error mesage I got when using DVD Decrypter 3.0:

At 500,22kb, or 47% of the vts_03_3.vob I get the following message:

Device: [1:1:0] MATSHITA DVD-RAM LF-D310

ASPI SRB Status: 0x04
Interpretation: SRB Completed with error

Host Adapter Status: 0x00
Interpretation: Host Adapter did not detect an error

Target Status: 0x02
Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: A8 00 00 1F 8F C0 00 00 00 01 00 00
Interpretation: Read (12) - Sector: 2068416

Sense Area: F0 00 03 00 1F 8F C0 0A 00 13 00 00 10 00
Interpretation: Unknown

thanks in advance, for any help...
diogo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2002, 08:08   #2  |  Link
windtrader

I made a backup of this disc (R1) with no problem. I have received similar errors and they all have been related to disc read errors. After a good clean and polish, the discs usually read fine; once in a while the disc just won't read cleanly. These are not decrypter sw problems.
windtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2002, 09:50   #3  |  Link
LIGHTNING UK!
Author of ImgBurn

Hmmm....thats only the second time EVER I seen an aspi failure whereby the sense area was 'unknown' - anyway, fear not....I've added the Error Interpretation into the code now so it wont happen again (well, not for that error anyway!).

It actually means: 'ID CRC or ECC Error' - So as windtrader said, its some form of read error. A scratched disc perhaps?
Try clicking on the retry button a few times...failing that, just click 'ignore'
Old 22nd March 2002, 19:37   #4  |  Link
windtrader

Lightening,

Just to clariy what I said: "I have received similar errors... "

I meant that I got the same ASPI Command error Device.... formatted error. I did not dive into the details of the error message to understand what it was specifically telling me. And this has happened very rarely to me too. I usually get a program message about read errors and I click retry a few times but on a bad patch of disc, I'll clean it and see if it can pass it. Sometimes the disc is just screwed because of obvious scratches but sometimes I can not see any physical problem. I also really like the way dvddecrypter handles the read error and will skip over that single vob and keep going. Then I just have to get that one vob processed, not the whole disc.

Tip on cleaning discs: If the disc has more than surface dirt, I use toothpaste as a fine polish to remove fine scratches. Works great!
windtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2002, 23:06   #5  |  Link
diogo6

i'll try cleaning it right now, and then I'll try it again, but thanks anyways to both of you guys.
Old 22nd March 2002, 23:26   #6  |  Link
diogo6

OK, it worked perfectly. I love/hate how whenever you got a problem, it's always the easiest and simplest thing in the world. Well, once again, thanks a lot for the "tip".