Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 28th May 2009, 12:57   #1  |  Link
Socio

PAL ac3 to NTSC ac3 conversion problem?

I am not sure where to post this as I am not sure if it is a video conversion or audio conversion problem but will try here;

I am trying to convert a PAL 25fps video to NTSC 24fps; when I converted the video using VDubMod the video duration only changed a few milliseconds. However when I converted the ac3 audio using BeSweet/Ac3Machine from 25fps to 24fps the audio duration was extended by over five minutes.

Now the audio sounds much better, the PAL faster speed up Mickey Mouse sounding higher pitch is gone but the extended time will make it impossible to sync up with the video.

Is there another way to change the audio fps without extending the time duration and still get rid of the sped up pitch?

Thanks
Socio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 13:45   #2  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socio View Post
I am trying to convert a PAL 25fps video to NTSC 24fps; when I converted the video using VDubMod the video duration only changed a few milliseconds.
Use 'Source rate adjustment' -> 'Change To...'
instead 'Frame rate conversion' -> 'Convert to fps...'
If you use the video conversion don't need change the audio. The audio is the same in PAL or NTCS only have a duration to match the video.

Quote:
Now the audio sounds much better, the PAL faster speed up Mickey Mouse sounding higher pitch is gone but the extended time will make it impossible to sync up with the video.
If you like this change maybe the original duration is this extended time, and the 'Change' fps video instead the 'Convert' is the final solution.
Old 28th May 2009, 20:54   #3  |  Link
Socio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
Use 'Source rate adjustment' -> 'Change To...'
instead 'Frame rate conversion' -> 'Convert to fps...'
If you use the video conversion don't need change the audio. The audio is the same in PAL or NTCS only have a duration to match the video.

If you like this change maybe the original duration is this extended time, and the 'Change' fps video instead the 'Convert' is the final solution.
I will give that a shot thanks!

Last edited by Socio; 29th May 2009 at 09:49.
Old 5th June 2009, 23:26   #4  |  Link
Socio

Quote:
'Change' fps video instead the 'Convert' is the final solution.
This works, it makes the Video duration longer to match the converted audio duration and easy to sync.