Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 15th May 2008, 13:03   #4821  |  Link
BlackJack1

I asked before but no answer... :-(
I can not drag'n'drop eac3to app. and hddvd/bd files to cmd window on Vista system on my laptop. Do you know how to fix it? In desktop machine with WinXP - no problem...
Please help.
Sorry if it's noob question.
Old 15th May 2008, 13:31   #4822  |  Link
bonanza

Hi,

My commandline:
eac3to.exe "C:\Users\x\Desktop\lowen.ac3" "C:\Users\x\Desktop\lowen_x.ac3" -448 -slowdown

Error: "This audio conversion is not supported."

Why ? I just want to slowdown this AC3.

Im using "eac3to v2.46" and "EAC3to Conversion Utility v2.00" (GUI)

thx for your help in advance!
Old 15th May 2008, 18:42   #4823  |  Link
tenkai

madshi, are u planning to import Bluray Sub demuxing? It would be a amazing feature.. i could stick to eac3to only

greets
Old 15th May 2008, 19:20   #4824  |  Link
cghebert

FLAC, LPCM over HDMI in Windows XP

Hi all,

First time poster but I have been following the thread on and off for a while. I recently got one of the new geforce 8200 motherboards that can send multichannel LPCM over HDMI and have been trying to get it setup properly. I am currently running it in XP SP3. I was able to create a 6 channel FLAC file no problem using eac3, and it plays fine in MPC with madflac. However, for some reason my receiver thinks it is getting a 7.1 channel file, instead of a 5.1 channel file, and the surround right and left channels come out of the surround back right and surround back left channels (I have a 7.1 system), while the surround left and right speakers are silent. All the other speakers (including sub), seem to work fine, except for stuttering, which is most certainly a driver issue, since it happens for all audio tracks.

What I'm trying to figure out is whether this is a another driver issue (quite possibly), or an issue related to how eac3 encodes the tracks. Maybe it is encoding the side surrounds as the back surrounds? This seems unlikely and I can't seem to find any reason why eac3 would, but hopefully someone can chime in and shed some light on the situation.
Old 15th May 2008, 20:16   #4825  |  Link
idbirch2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHB View Post
i then try to run the vc1 file into muigenerator and it gives me an error when i run in scenarist. so i clean the track with vc1conv and then run it through muigenerator and then load it up in scenarist and it takes it fine. I do the same for the ac3 file and that loads up fine. the problem that i'm having is that when i mux everything through scenarist again the m2ts file has audio and video off sync.
If you process your video with vc1conv, you must change the framerate of your audio in Sceanarist to 23.976. When you first import it into Scenarist, it will be set to 29.97.
Old 15th May 2008, 20:51   #4826  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

btw. is chapter demuxing for blu-rays (and HD DVDs) already supported? cant remember that atm. if not would it be possible to add this function then, should be nice for concerts (otherwise you'd have to write down the time when each title begins and then search for it manually).
in case if not, does anyone know then if another tool can already do that, so that I could demux chapters and use them for .mkv remuxing? thanks!
Old 15th May 2008, 21:26   #4827  |  Link
Yraen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
btw. is chapter demuxing for blu-rays (and HD DVDs) already supported?
Yes it is.
Old 15th May 2008, 21:44   #4828  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

also for blu-ray? just tried "eac3to X:\00076.m2ts", main movie file for face-off, but no chapters displayed.
tried it with the complete movie directory then "eac3to X:\face", but nothing there as well, listed were only the .pls and .m2ts file for the main movie and the audio+video specifications.

or do maybe not all discs include chapters at all?

edit: eac3to X:\dir 1) then did it -.-

another question, which files are needed to have chapter demuxing working? the main movie file(s) of course, but which else? I guess its enough just to additionally have the directory structure and then certain info files for each type? which are these exactly?

Last edited by Thunderbolt8; 15th May 2008 at 21:50.
Old 15th May 2008, 22:14   #4829  |  Link
Yraen

Quote:
another question, which files are needed to have chapter demuxing working? the main movie file(s) of course, but which else? I guess its enough just to additionally have the directory structure and then certain info files for each type? which are these exactly?
eac3to x:\folder will list the .mpls files and the .m2ts files they correspond to. You need those .mpls files and probably the folder structure.
Old 15th May 2008, 22:21   #4830  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

can I give the chapter files any name and ending I like to? apparently the mkvmerge chapter editor recognizes them as such, no matter which name I choose. do I have to be beware of anything else when muxing chapters? or is it just as easy as adding video+audio+chapters in mkvmerge and then just mux, without having to specify or change anything?
Old 15th May 2008, 22:33   #4831  |  Link
Yraen

Name it what you want. It's going to be written in the same format regardless, one that mkvmerge accepts. In mkvmerge it is as easy as adding it all in and muxing. There are a few titles out there that will list more chapters than they actually have, so you might end up with more chapter points than if you watched the disc in a BD player.
Old 15th May 2008, 23:18   #4832  |  Link
nautilus7

I have a suggestion/proposal regarding chapters.

In HD DVD there's a possibility the chapters to have or not names and in blu-ray not such thing. Anyway, when chapter names aren't available haali media splitter displays them like in the 1st screen. But when names are available, even if they are chapter 1, chapter 2, etc are displayed like in screen 2, which in my opinion is much prettier. So, what i want to ask is eac3to to add names (chapter 1, chapter 2, etc) when they aren't available from the source.

Old 15th May 2008, 23:25   #4833  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yraen View Post
Name it what you want. It's going to be written in the same format regardless, one that mkvmerge accepts. In mkvmerge it is as easy as adding it all in and muxing. There are a few titles out there that will list more chapters than they actually have, so you might end up with more chapter points than if you watched the disc in a BD player.
is there any way to check this? i mean checking against a program which lists it correctly (bdedit?)
usually it shouldnt matter that much, but when it comes to concert stuff it should better work lile 1 chapter = 1 music title on the disc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus7 View Post

In HD DVD there's a possibility the chapters to have or not names and in blu-ray not such thing. Anyway, when chapter names aren't available haali media splitter displays them like in the 1st screen. But when names are available, even if they are chapter 1, chapter 2, etc are displayed like in screen 2, which in my opinion is much prettier. So, what i want to ask is eac3to to add names (chapter 1, chapter 2, etc) when they aren't available from the source.
agree, would be much easier for music stuff again, then one wouldnt always have to count from top or bottom down-/upwards when for example looking title 12 of 20.

Last edited by Thunderbolt8; 15th May 2008 at 23:28.
Old 15th May 2008, 23:33   #4834  |  Link
Yraen

Quote:
is there any way to check this? i mean checking against a program which lists it correctly (bdedit?)
usually it shouldnt matter that much, but when it comes to concert stuff it should better work lile 1 chapter = 1 music title on the disc.
Yes. BDedit will show it to you. Go to the playlist tab, select the correct mpls and in the playlist mark section at the bottom is the chapters. entry-mark are chapters and link point are something else, a link of some type to that spot in the movie. Terminator 3 is one that is loaded with link points, 2-3 per entry point, resulting in 97 chapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus7 View Post
A good suggestion. If madshi doesn't want to or can't get it, I can get the gui to check and write the chapter names upon creation.

Last edited by Yraen; 15th May 2008 at 23:35.
Old 15th May 2008, 23:51   #4835  |  Link
nautilus7

Ok, thanks Yraen.

I have a problem converting chcken little blu-ray to mkv. I get glitches in the 10 first seconds of the video. After that everything is fine. I made a sample. Tried different decoders/renderers during playback, nothing changed.
When i muxed (to mkv) the complete source file, i got an error that haali muxer can't handle the source, and used -seektoIfrmaes switch. This error popped quite deep into the file, so i don't thing it's related. Sample doesn't make haali muxer complain, anyway.

Last edited by nautilus7; 16th May 2008 at 00:28.
Old 16th May 2008, 00:13   #4836  |  Link
OHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbirch2 View Post
If you process your video with vc1conv, you must change the framerate of your audio in Sceanarist to 23.976. When you first import it into Scenarist, it will be set to 29.97.
did it already still same output. but maybe its not registering. i dont know
Old 16th May 2008, 01:43   #4837  |  Link
Chouonsoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
The log you posted does not indicate that downsampling was done. Why do you think that eac3to downsampled the audio? eac3to normally doesn't downsample unless you ask it to. Is the final FLAC file signaled as being 48kHz? If so, that's most probably a bug. And in that case probably the FLAC doesn't play correctly?
MediaInfo, dbPowerAmp, Winamp and foobar all saw the file as 48kHz. I had to demux the audio track to PCM and then encode to FLAC with eac3to after forcing all the settings.

Quote:
eac3to v2.46
command line: "E:\Tools\HD\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "F:\Video\NINE INCH NAILS _ GHOSTS I_IV\demux\english.pcm" "F:\Video\NINE INCH NAILS _ GHOSTS I_IV\demux\english.flac" -96000 -override -24 -big -2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RAW/PCM, 2.0 channels, 1:50:18, 24 bits, 96khz
Reading RAW/PCM...
Swapping endian...
Encoding FLAC...
Creating file "F:\Video\NINE INCH NAILS _ GHOSTS I_IV\demux\english.flac"...
eac3to processing took 13 minutes, 31 seconds.
Done.
When the PCM file was demuxed, eac3to wasn't reading the file at all, so I had to force the options.

Edit: Another go at demuxing, resulted in a 48 kHz wav file.

Quote:
eac3to v2.46
command line: eac3to "F:\Video\NINE INCH NAILS _ GHOSTS I_IV\" 1) 1: chapters.txt 2: video.h264 3: audio.wav
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 1 audio track, 1:50:17
1: Chapters, 36 chapters
2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: RAW/PCM, English, 2.0 channels, 24 bits, 96khz
Creating file "chapters.txt"...
[v02] Extracting video track number 2...
[a03] Extracting audio track number 3...
[a03] Reading RAW/PCM...
[a03] Swapping endian...
[a03] Writing WAV...
[v02] Creating file "video.h264"...
[a03] Creating file "audio.wav"...
[a03] Caution: The WAV file is bigger than 2GB.
[a03] Some WAV readers might not be able to handle this file correctly.
Video track 2 contains 158662 frames.
eac3to processing took 38 minutes, 29 seconds.
Done.

Last edited by Chouonsoku; 16th May 2008 at 03:21.
Old 16th May 2008, 05:04   #4838  |  Link
Patsfan123

Quick question, when I am converting a PCM track to FLAC directly from a Blu-ray disc, do I need to use the -blu-ray switch, or will the program recognize that it is a blu-ray from the disc structure?

Last edited by Patsfan123; 16th May 2008 at 05:11.
Old 16th May 2008, 05:16   #4839  |  Link
Chouonsoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan123 View Post
Quick question, when I am converting a PCM track to FLAC directly from a Blu-ray disc, do I need to use the -blu-ray switch, or will the program recognize that it is a blu-ray from the disc structure?
eac3to will see it is a Blu-Ray disc from the file structure and remap channels accordingly.
Old 16th May 2008, 16:26   #4840  |  Link
rkorkie

Error decoding 7th channel

In a previous post in this thread (#4588), the error I've encountered on the Top Gun HD DVD still exists:

"The libav DTS decoder doesn't decode the 7th channel".

Just a friendly reminder that the bug still exists, in case anyone is interested. I will wait for a bugfix before I process this one.

Here is the log:

Extracting Tracks from "FEATURE_1.EVO"+"FEATURE_2.EVO"

EVO, 1 video track, 5 audio tracks, 6 subtitle tracks, 1:49:38
1: Joined EVO file
2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9) with pulldown flags
3: TrueHD, 5.1 channels, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -84ms
4: DTS-ES, 6.1 channels, 24 bits, 768kbit/s, 48khz, -84ms
5: E-AC3, 5.1 channels, 768kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -84ms
6: E-AC3, 5.1 channels, 448kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -84ms
7: E-AC3, 5.1 channels, 448kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -84ms
8: Subtitle
9: Subtitle
10: Subtitle
11: Subtitle
12: Subtitle
13: Subtitle
[a04] The libav DTS decoder doesn't decode the 7th channel.
eac3to crashed...
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to