Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 11th April 2017, 17:39   #3181  |  Link
digitall.h

Dear selur,
Thank you very much for keeping this program updated.
I'm using latest Hybrid 2017.04.10.1 Linux QT 5.21 version, under Debian.
Pop-up text when pointing buttons appear as a black pop-up with no readable text inside.
I did not change system colour scheme lately, and this did not happen with previous versions.
Of course I'm a long time Hybrid user and I know the purpose of those buttons, it's just a question of fixing the GUI.

Best
digitall.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2017, 18:15   #3182  |  Link
Selur

I didn't change anything on my build system which is a Kubunutu 64bit 14.04 with Qt 5.2.1, so I doubt the it's the gui at fault.

My guess is Debian changed something in their Qt libraries (they did something similar in the past) or their color schema.
As a workaround you could:
a. disable the tool tips
b. enable the tooltip sidebar
(Config->View->Design)

Can't say more since the info that you use a Debian system in itself doesn't allow me to reproduce your environment inside a VM.

Cu Selur
Old 11th April 2017, 22:20   #3183  |  Link
digitall.h

Sorry if the information was not enough.
Please tell me which further information you would need.
I don't want to make you lose your time since this seems just to be my problem.

I think I explained it bad. I perfectly see tooltips, so no need to disable tooltip and enable tooltip side bar.
What is shown wrong are the texts (i called them pop-up, probably wrong) when you point on buttons and not on text or checkboxes.
Old 12th April 2017, 04:33   #3184  |  Link
Selur

a. What Debian system do you use exactly? What version? What window manager? If you know where I can download an install image post a link to the site. I need enough information to install such a system inside a VM.
b. The text that appear once you point at something are the tool-tips. So now I'm even more confused now.
You can try whether it helps to deinstall and reinstall Hybrid.
Old 14th April 2017, 08:43   #3185  |  Link
digitall.h

My Debian system:
Kernel: 3.16.0-4-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit)
Desktop: KDE 4.14.2
Distro: SolydXK 8 solydxk

So it is based in Debian 8.

Related to tool-tips confusion I cannot explain it better: when you point with the mouse to text or checkboxes or slidedown menues there appears a tool-tip, in my system a yellow square with black text in it. When you point to a button appears a dark square that used to be white with black text in it, but as it is now black there cannot be read anything.

I will try to get a snapshot and send you to explain it better.
Old 14th April 2017, 08:49   #3186  |  Link
Selur

Color selection isn't done by my code at all.
Sounds like some theme setting in your distro.
Old 14th April 2017, 10:50   #3187  |  Link
Selur

Got your email an here's my reply:
Quote:
Ah, now I see what you meant.
To reproduce this I downloaded latest debian iso, installed it inside a VM selected KDE as desktop manager installed Hybrid and I can reproduce the problem in the VM.

Seems like this is a problem with their kde color theme/configuration.

Starting 'Colors' I selected the 'Obisidian Coast' theme, applied it, started Hybrid and tool tips were readable.

=> not a bug in Hybrid, but a strange default color theme of debian.
Seeing that tooltips work fine with 'Obisidian Coast' this can be fixed by properly configuring the colors on your system.
Since I don't know you color preferences and Hybrid doesn't enforce any color theme, but uses the one of the desktop manger there is nothing for me to do.
Cu Selur

Ps.: posted this here so other which might have the same problem can see the solution. (adjusting the color theme of the desktop manager)
Old 14th April 2017, 11:55   #3188  |  Link
digitall.h

Thank you for your answer.
I will try to adjust system colour scheme, and see if it makes look bad other applications.

Best
Old 18th April 2017, 09:09   #3189  |  Link
Dclose

I've always had QAAC problems when installing Hybrid. I just installed it to Windows 7 64-bit, after installing Quicktime, and it happened again.

The rest of Hybrid is fine, but QAAC will cause a job to crash when it tries to encode the audio. What seems to be happening is Hybrid doesn't want to use the 64-bit QAAC.exe file. Or doesn't want to use the qaac.exe file that comes with Hybrid, if there is one. I'm not sure where Hybrid is getting its qaac.exe file from.

Downloading QAAC from the main QAAC page, the 64-bit exe is called qaac64.exe. Renaming it to qaac.exe and putting it in the Hybrid folder, the job in hybrid still crashes when starting the audio, so the problem isn't just a filename problem.

The fix I've always had to do is copy (what I assume is the) 32-bit version of qaac's exe file called qaac.exe to the hybrid folder. Then it all works fine. If Hybrid installs its own qaac.exe file, then whether it's 32-bit or 64-bit, the job always crashes at the start of audio encoding on 64-bit Windows.

It's done it to me for a long time, and just did it again on a desktop where the Hybrid install was fine with Windows 7 32-bit but now I added Windows 7 64-bit for dual-booting, and with a fresh Hybrid install the qaac audio crashed as usual until I downloaded a qaac package and used the 32-bit qaac.exe.

I don't recall seeing anyone else mention that problem, but it's been consistent for me on multiple computers. If anyone gets that problem, that's the fix.

Last edited by Dclose; 18th April 2017 at 09:21.
Dclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2017, 16:45   #3190  |  Link
Selur

Wild guess: you only installed the 32bit Version of the 'Apple Application Support'-package and not the64bit version thus, 64bit version of qaac will crash and 32bit version won't.
Tested here. For me both versions work if the appropriate 'Apple Application Support' is installed.
Old 18th April 2017, 18:25   #3191  |  Link
Dclose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
Wild guess: you only installed the 32bit Version of the 'Apple Application Support'-package and not the64bit version thus, 64bit version of qaac will crash and 32bit version won't.
Tested here. For me both versions work if the appropriate 'Apple Application Support' is installed.
Probably, since I didn't specifically try to install either of those. I don't recall at the moment if Hybrid makes a specific note of that during install, (other than mentioning Quicktime), but if it does I guess I don't read it as it's intended. Even on forums when people ask about getting QAAC to work, the main thing I recall is, "Install Quicktime. It has the needed files." But there's more to it than that.
Old 18th April 2017, 18:31   #3192  |  Link
Selur

Quote:
Probably, since I didn't specifically try to install either of those.
64bit 'Apple Application Support' should come with 64bit iTunes/Quicktime not the 32bit version.
-> best bet nowadays is probable downloading a 64bit version of iTunes, open the installer with 7zip, extract the AppleApplicationSuppot.msi and install that.
(Sadly there is no separate download for the application support,..)
App & Features under Windows 10 shows whether the 64bit and or the 32bit version is installed, I guess the same should be true for Win7.

Last edited by Selur; 18th April 2017 at 18:33.
Selur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 13:22   #3193  |  Link
Selur

Hybrid rev 2017.04.23.1:
*fixed*
  • jobs: Don't generate unneeded Vapoursynth script during job generation
  • ffmpegnvenc: glitch when selecting constant quantizer encoding not showing the field to set the quantizer
  • Vapoursynth: Interframe 'overwrite Alg.' selection
  • Vapoursynth: inital vsCustomStack position
  • Vapoursynth: don't show resize for preview in Vapoursynth script view
  • Vapoursynth: deinterlacer adjustment selecting DGDecNV even when not present
  • Vapoursynth: loading of content with d2vsource (now using rff=False for PAL source)
  • QSVEnc: some minor fixes
  • Avisynth: Flash3kyuu deband defaults
*changed*
  • Avisynth: Avisynth preview now shows 'distributor()' again
*added*
  • x265: support for dynamic HDR-10
  • Avisynth: ResampleMT support
  • Avisynth: support amDCT
  • Vapoursynth: MVToolsFPS frame interpolation
  • Vapoursynth: using d2vSource and d2vWitch also for H.264 raw/transportstreams

-> downloads: http://www.selur.de/downloads

Cu Selur
Old 23rd April 2017, 20:15   #3194  |  Link
Dclose

Hybrid rev 2017.04.23.1

Based on the timing of this release, I assume it also includes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeeprama View Post
2. Lambda tables for 8, 10, and 12-bit encoding revised, resulting in significant enhancement to subjective visual quality.
Some people in the x265 thread are very excited over that.
Old 24th April 2017, 03:59   #3195  |  Link
Selur

Yes, the x265 version is like always up-to-date and since it's not anything that needs to be en-/disabled it's not mentioned in the changelog.

Cu Selur
Old 6th May 2017, 17:53   #3196  |  Link
Selur

Hybrid rev 2017.05.06.1:
*fixed*
  • input: workaround for latest MakeMKV changes
  • general: minimizing folder path could result in an empty folder
  • general: resolution restriction for blu-ray
  • Vapoursynth: reset defaults
  • Avisynth: reset defaults
  • Avisynth: defaults for fft3dgpu, Flash3k
*changed*
  • general: forum link updated to forum.selur.net
  • disabled console output
  • changing max mpls playlist size from 50GB to 100GB
  • log: removed details from log and moved them to the report since I'm annoyed of people posting the log and sending me parts of the log by email. (next escalation step will be to remove the log)
*added*
  • Vapoursynth: VsSSIQ support

-> downloads: http://www.selur.de/downloads

Cu Selur
Old 6th May 2017, 18:57   #3197  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
input: workaround for latest MakeMKV changes
What did MakeMKV change?
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2017, 19:20   #3198  |  Link
Selur

Quote:
What did MakeMKV change?
They started to include the cover, which got Hybrids internal ffmpeg<>mplayer<>mediaInfo id mapping confused since mplayer&mediainfo reported 1 Video stream and ffmpeg reported two.

Cu Selur
Old 9th June 2017, 05:31   #3199  |  Link
Dclose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dclose View Post
I don't recall at the moment if Hybrid makes a specific note of that during install, (other than mentioning Quicktime), but if it does I guess I don't read it as it's intended. Even on forums when people ask about getting QAAC to work, the main thing I recall is, "Install Quicktime. It has the needed files." But there's more to it than that.
To follow up on that, installing Quicktime player apparently doesn't auto-install the Apple Support Package file needed for QAAC to work with 64-bit Windows, but during the last update-install of Hybrid I installed iTunes and saw it auto-installing the support package during the install, and then as expected QAAC worked for 64-bit Windows 7/8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
Hybrid rev 2017.05.06.1:
[*]log: removed details from log and moved them to the report since I'm annoyed of people posting the log and sending me parts of the log by email. (next escalation step will be to remove the log)
I was wondering what happened with the now sparse log. Sometimes I'd forget what CFR or other settings I used on an encode, and I could go and see it in the log. Now the only useful thing in there for most people is the time the encoding took. I don't know if there's another hopefully easy way to see what settings were used on a prior encode.
Old 9th June 2017, 16:03   #3200  |  Link
Selur

Quote:
I don't know if there's another hopefully easy way to see what settings were used on a prior encode.
In case the job is still inside the job-queue you could look at the encoding call by disabling the 'minimize job command lines' option.