Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 5th March 2012, 04:23   #1  |  Link
TwoToad

AutoCrop script?

Hello, I'm trying to encode a series that was made in the late 70's and looks like it was a VHS transfer to DVD. My problem is that each scene seems to have different crop values. Currently this method works great:

trim(0,1000).crop(24,0,-10,0).resize(640,480) ++ trim (1001,2000).crop(20,0,-8,0).resize(640,480) ++ ... etc

Obviously this becomes extremely tedious for a 21 episode series and is prone to human error.

AutoCrop from len0x does not solve the problem because it finds 1 crop value and applies it to the whole video.

I don't suppose there is a simple script that would loop through each frame to determine it's crop value, resize, and go on to the next frame? Something like

for i = 0 to lastframe
autocrop(samplestartframe=i, sampleendframe=i).resize(640,480)
next i

I'm not sure if something like that would work. I don't speak enough avisynth-ese yet to make it into a function, and I'm not sure exactly how slow this would be but it's an idea anyway.

Anyone able to translate something like this into an avisynth function script? Or any thoughts? Obviously it would be fleshed out with parameters to choose your resizing filter and dimentions, along with any other parameters you'd need.
TwoToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 11:09   #2  |  Link
nodunlop

Maybe you can adapt this code snippet for that purpose.

Code:
frame = 1
last = movie.FrameCount()
video = AutoCrop(movie.trim(0,0),0,716,424,0,0,0,0,30,1,0,0,0)

GScript("""
  while (frame < last ) {
  video = video ++ AutoCrop(movie.trim(frame,frame),0,716,424,0,0,0,0,30,1,frame,frame,0)
  frame = frame + 1
  }
""")
nodunlop is offline   Reply With Quote