Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 6th January 2007, 10:41   #1181  |  Link
bkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharktooth View Post
is it really necessary? I mean, i cant see the reason akupenguin implemented fractional CRF values...
Yes, I believe that it is necessary. I would find it useful, at least.
Old 7th January 2007, 12:49   #1182  |  Link
karasu

Quote:
It seems something is wrong with MeGUI 2.4.x.x and 2K. Do Windows 2K miss something?
Yes, I run Win 2k too (as long megui isn't aviable for linux or OS-X) an have the same problems. (using the soft and version described at the start of this thread)
Old 17th January 2007, 14:18   #1183  |  Link
Knuffi

Before I state my little request, I want to say, that MeGUI is really a great thing in combination with X264. Thanks for your affords!

But now to my request:
In earlier versions there was a little checkbox on the queue-page managing the behaviour of MEGUI after encoding. This was removed and the "settings" got one feature more.
Is it possible to bring back that little checkbox or perhaps radio-boxes on the queue-page? I often change the after-encoding-behaviour and nearly as often I forget to set it back to "do nothing". Therefore my pc shuts down sometimes after encoding while I on the contrary want to work on it ...
Old 17th January 2007, 15:14   #1184  |  Link
kurt
sidekick

I also don't understand why this checkbox was removed.

@ Knuffi: if you add in the options/extra config/run command field for example shutdown -s -t 30, a window pops up right after finsishing the final job and gives you 30 seconds to abort the shutdown. But if you are during this 30 seconds away from keyboard - let's say on toilet - the pc shuts down and your work gets lost probably

Last edited by kurt; 17th January 2007 at 15:16.
Old 20th January 2007, 17:19   #1185  |  Link
dbzgundam
Hates all his encodes

Hello all. I recently reinstalled MeGUI (I was having a problem that I WOULD'VE shown you guys, but now I'm running into something else ) to the latest version (Whatever it was as of 1/19/07).

My x264 settings have remained the same, as have my AVS scripts, but now, whenever the second pass begins, the encoder runs for a few seconds, and then crashes, giving me the typical Windows Error Report... Prior to this, it was crashing, and NOD32 (Antivirus program) reported the x264 stats file as having the "Voodoo Virus"? Figuring it was false positive, I disabled NOD32 for another shot at it, and once again, at the 2nd pass, I simply had a crash.

Any ideas? I DID obtain this MeGUI installation from x264.nl (Mirror 1 to be exact), so I don't exactly think it was corrupted.
Old 20th January 2007, 21:13   #1186  |  Link
bananacreamandpeca

My encoding jobs in Megui stop encoding halfway after a few Megabytes too. Dunno what this is.
I;m gonna try another x264Gui. Maybe that would solve the problem. If it DOES.
Then there msut be something wrong with Megui!!
So I then Suggest people respond to my messages and take me seriously.
Cuz I'm getting the feeling of being ignored or something.

'll keep you updated.
Old 21st January 2007, 05:49   #1187  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

@dbzgundam: it might be a virus somewhere else on your system. Does a full scall show anything up? Otherwise, it's just a bad match by nod32. Anyway, try and reproduce the crash outside megui by running the x264 command by itself. Chances are the problem lies with x264, not megui.

@bananna: as said a few times in the bug report thread (where bug reports should go ), all the megui dev's are currently unavailable. When they have some time again stuff will start moving again.
Old 22nd January 2007, 22:44   #1188  |  Link
chipzoller
Mr. Woof

How does x264 determine if a "turbo" first pass (using megui's 2-pass automatic) is checked in the gui? I'm not sure of this, but I think with this and the past couple builds of megui the turbo setting isn't be saved because I've noticed my first passes are now much slower than have previously been with megui. I checked the x264 command-line options and didn't see how it sets a turbo first pass and don't see any difference in the command-line with activating or deactivating this option in megui.
Old 22nd January 2007, 22:50   #1189  |  Link
akupenguin
x264 developer

There is no such thing as "turbo" at the x264 commandline level. Turbo in megui is just a shortcut for disabling some other options in the first pass.
Old 22nd January 2007, 23:28   #1190  |  Link
pinkie_1

@ chipzoller :

MeGUI's ''turbo" sets :
--me to dia
--subme to 1
--ref to 1
--analyse to none
--trellis to 0
Old 22nd January 2007, 23:31   #1191  |  Link
chipzoller
Mr. Woof

Thanks for the responses. I understand what MeGUI is doing behind the scenes now.
Old 2nd February 2007, 08:46   #1192  |  Link
parcival

Can we do something to fix the Win 2K preview bug?
Is there a way to help you fix it? Can we create a debug log or something?
Old 3rd February 2007, 02:16   #1193  |  Link
Tanma

The Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 requires an authentic copy of Windows?
Old 3rd February 2007, 22:20   #1194  |  Link
Tanma

The last build 0.2.4.1020 is giving a lot of trouble for many people, when trying to load any avs ("memory error") or avi (the program just close without warnings). Didn't tried another formats. I switch back to 0.2.3.2193 and it is working fine, but i'm not updating the core.
Old 4th February 2007, 01:25   #1195  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

tanma: are you running vista? In any case, please post a bug report here: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?gro...12&atid=798476
Old 9th February 2007, 19:19   #1196  |  Link
parcival

Win2K and MeGUI works fine now!
Thanks for your efforts!
Old 13th February 2007, 14:07   #1197  |  Link
lebanni

Is it possible to have audio amplification like DSPGuru's in BeSweet ? I've found "increase volume automatically" a little light.

Thank for the good work.

Le Banni.
Old 13th February 2007, 18:35   #1198  |  Link
wincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebanni View Post
Is it possible to have audio amplification like DSPGuru's in BeSweet ? I've found "increase volume automatically" a little light.

Thank for the good work.

Le Banni.
As well as audio resampling (for instance, 48kHz -> 44,1kHz).
Old 13th February 2007, 18:59   #1199  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Without rebuilding a whole audio processing engine, the audio features are limited to what the NicAudio filters and the audio encoder provide in terms of features.
And just as a sidenote, I'd violently oppose any downsampling.. modern audio cards all work with 48kHz anyway so your 44.1kHz stuff is actually upsampled during playback.
Old 14th February 2007, 03:49   #1200  |  Link
spanky123

Just installed megui fresh and ran auto-update, but the profiles didn't download. There were no profiles to import for anything - video/audio.

Have they been removed ?
Closed Thread